Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Broken amygdala, need help ASAP

[hl...]

I feel this sensation inside my head 24/7 that won’t go away, it feels like I’m about to flinch. It feels like the anticipation of about to be hit or slapped. Like if you were to imagine closing your eyes and waiting for someone to slap you, that’s exactly how it feels like inside my brain. 

it’s like my amygdala is releasing flinch sensation and it HURTTTTSSSSS!!! It’s like my brain is sensitive and won’t recalibrate!

it feels like a deep tingle and tension, perhaps a glutamate storm. Am I stuck in fight or flight???

please someone help me! In suffering greatly from this 

I’m sorry you’re feeling this way buddy. If it makes you feel any better I’m currently dealing with a ton of head issues as well. Right now I’m dealing with what feels like bad paresthesia in the temple of my head. Like, bad enough to make me get into the fetal position so I don’t break out into panic.  Currently tapering. It looks like from previous posts you are currently not on anything? Am I right in saying this? Otherwise, keep going buddy, you will get there! My advice would be to try and meditate as best as possible. I really wish I could be more help.

I

8 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

I’m sorry you’re feeling this way buddy. If it makes you feel any better I’m currently dealing with a ton of head issues as well. Right now I’m dealing with what feels like bad paresthesia in the temple of my head. Like, bad enough to make me get into the fetal position so I don’t break out into panic.  Currently tapering. It looks like from previous posts you are currently not on anything? Am I right in saying this? Otherwise, keep going buddy, you will get there! My advice would be to try and meditate as best as possible. I really wish I could be more help.

ive been completely off benzos for 15 months and I’m still suffering!!!! I’m losing my fucking mind over this one symptom! It’s making my life UNBEARABLE!! I can’t do anything to make it go away. Advil, Tylenol, gabapentin, propranolol, Benadryl, hydroxyzine, memantine, NOTHING makes it go away!!

in literally losing my FING mind!! It’s like an itch inside my brain I can’t scratch! Some sort of akathisia or overstimulation! It’s pure torture! And my eyes feel so sensitive too. 

Edited by [hl...]

Hmmmm. I know I’m not in your body so I can’t reflect on the pain you’re in. I think it’s unbelievable that you’ve been off of benzos for 15 months. I think you’re an incredibly strong person for that. Just knowing that gives me a great amount of respect for you. The only advice that I could give you is to maybe lay off the Advil and Tylenol. I know that I’ve read it revs people up. I’m too scared to take even those things for my symptoms in fear that mine will get worse. I would probably also be cautious with the antihistamines. I actually just bought a DAO supplement myself but have yet to use it. Just know that everyone heals with time and that all of this suffering will lead to something amazing. Other than that, eat right and keep swimming. I’m here if you need to talk buddy.

1 minute ago, [[M...] said:

Hmmmm. I know I’m not in your body so I can’t reflect on the pain you’re in. I think it’s unbelievable that you’ve been off of benzos for 15 months. I think you’re an incredibly strong person for that. Just knowing that gives me a great amount of respect for you. The only advice that I could give you is to maybe lay off the Advil and Tylenol. I know that I’ve read it revs people up. I’m too scared to take even those things for my symptoms in fear that mine will get worse. I would probably also be cautious with the antihistamines. I actually just bought a DAO supplement myself but have yet to use it. Just know that everyone heals with time and that all of this suffering will lead to something amazing. Other than that, eat right and keep swimming. I’m here if you need to talk buddy.

I appreciate the kind words. It’s been such a battle and it’s so frustrating feeling like you’ve never left square one… I just want to binge alcohol and slam my head into the door…

I don’t know what else to do…

Aha, I think about drinking all the time! It’s something I used to love!!! Again, too scared to even do that right now myself. I would not be able to even contemplate what an alcohol withdrawal would feel like on top of this.

Just now, [[M...] said:

Aha, I think about drinking all the time! It’s something I used to love!!! Again, too scared to even do that right now myself. I would not be able to even contemplate what an alcohol withdrawal would feel like on top of this.

It can’t be worse than what I’m dealing with, I can deal with the dizziness and high heart rate. This I cannot 

2 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

What mg are you on of the Propanolol and gabapentin? Do you take them regularly?

No, I took them because I thought this was akathasia and heard they help. I don’t take them regularly. 
10mg propanolol

300mg gabapentin 

Got it. That’s good that you don’t take them regularly. I was actually under the impression that you need to take gabapentin regularly for it to have its affect, I could be wrong. In any event, I truly believe that doing something like that is like playing with fire because it could make things worse not better. Maybe the best advice I could give is to try and take as much stress out of your life as possible. I know that’s not always easy, but it’s DEFINITELY helped me when I saw things getting worse. It takes time for your mind to calibrate the changes of less stress though in this state. Diet really really helps too. Otherwise, if you can’t meditate I would start counting something or do anything to make time pass.

5 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Got it. That’s good that you don’t take them regularly. I was actually under the impression that you need to take gabapentin regularly for it to have its affect, I could be wrong. In any event, I truly believe that doing something like that is like playing with fire because it could make things worse not better. Maybe the best advice I could give is to try and take as much stress out of your life as possible. I know that’s not always easy, but it’s DEFINITELY helped me when I saw things getting worse. It takes time for your mind to calibrate the changes of less stress though in this state. Diet really really helps too. Otherwise, if you can’t meditate I would start counting something or do anything to make time pass.

I cannot remove stress from my life, I’m incapable of doing it. I don’t know how to relax. My brain is broken.

the gabapentin seemed to have a slight effect, so I’m not sure if it needs to build up. My cat was given gabapentin for an upcoming procedure and it knocked her out first try. 

Well, for a brief example, I was exercising frequently. I realized after a while that was actually causing my stress and panic to become worse over time. Do you have anything you can identify that you can eliminate that may help with stress?

@[hl...]I'm so sorry you're suffering with this.  I can empathise - I suffer with so many horrible brain symptoms 24/7.  I also get a deep brain tingling/fizzing sensation (so hard to describe) Makes me feel like I'm going insane.  Been off benzos 12 months - very short term use and my brain is so messed up from it. I hope you get some relief soon 🙏  This is so hard😓 

7 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

@[hl...]I'm so sorry you're suffering with this.  I can empathise - I suffer with so many horrible brain symptoms 24/7.  I also get a deep brain tingling/fizzing sensation (so hard to describe) Makes me feel like I'm going insane.  Been off benzos 12 months - very short term use and my brain is so messed up from it. I hope you get some relief soon 🙏  This is so hard😓 

Can you explain a bit more what your experience is like? I wonder how similar our experiences are. These drugs are truly torture and I want to be free 

1 hour ago, [[M...] said:

Well, for a brief example, I was exercising frequently. I realized after a while that was actually causing my stress and panic to become worse over time. Do you have anything you can identify that you can eliminate that may help with stress?

I thin general stress from the discomfort of withdrawal may be playing a large factor in my suffering. I’m fairly agoraphobic and my life has been turned upside down. I’m quite upset over that as well. It like my life has been ruined 

Just now, [[h...] said:

Can you explain a bit more what your experience is like? I wonder how similar our experiences are. These drugs are truly torture and I want to be free 

@[hl...]I was on temaz low dose for insomnia for 8 weeks - used sporadically.  A few weeks later my Dr prescribed another script of temaz (as my insomnia worsened) I took a higher dose and CTd once the script ran out (3 weeks). I was immediately plunged into this nightmare of withdrawals. Long story short - Dr was no help.  I had no idea about tapering until it was too late.  That was 12 months ago.  Since then I have had horrific brain symptoms - they change and migrate around to different parts of my head.  Pressure, pulsating, tingling, vibrating, a deep brain stimulation type feeling, off balance - you name it.  I also get a lot of very uncomfortable energy throughout my body and agitation (possibly inner aka).  It's all so unbearable and I don't get windows.  I just want this hell to be over! 

14 hours ago, [[L...] said:

@[hl...]I was on temaz low dose for insomnia for 8 weeks - used sporadically.  A few weeks later my Dr prescribed another script of temaz (as my insomnia worsened) I took a higher dose and CTd once the script ran out (3 weeks). I was immediately plunged into this nightmare of withdrawals. Long story short - Dr was no help.  I had no idea about tapering until it was too late.  That was 12 months ago.  Since then I have had horrific brain symptoms - they change and migrate around to different parts of my head.  Pressure, pulsating, tingling, vibrating, a deep brain stimulation type feeling, off balance - you name it.  I also get a lot of very uncomfortable energy throughout my body and agitation (possibly inner aka).  It's all so unbearable and I don't get windows.  I just want this hell to be over! 

This is exactly how I feel! It’s torture! It feels like inner agitation! Have you found any ways to get relief?

3 hours ago, [[h...] said:

This is exactly how I feel! It’s torture! It feels like inner agitation! Have you found any ways to get relief?

3 hours ago, [[h...] said:

The only way a get relief from the inner agitation is to walk.  It doesn't take it away but it's a distraction.  Do you get any of the other brain symptoms I've mentioned?  I have horrid brain stuff going o 24/7.  

1 hour ago, [[L...] said:

The only way a get relief from the inner agitation is to walk.  It doesn't take it away but it's a distraction.  Do you get any of the other brain symptoms I've mentioned?  I have horrid brain stuff going o 24/7.  

I just get the deep brain tingling/stimulation feeling. It’s like a tickle inside my brain and it feels like my brain is just sensitive 

I have a strange tingle in my head also and I cannot think strait when it happens. I sprayed my forehead with magnesium oil and it took the sensation away and I felt better. Not so sure that this is a good thing to do but it is the only thing that stops it.  My forehead burns a little from the magnesium oil but it is a lot better than that tingle that makes me feel like I'm about to go nuts or have a seizure...