Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is there a thread here on the muscles under your feet wasting or atrophy?

[e1...]

Hi everyone, my only outlet has been long walks everyday and I get windows and feel amazing but something is happening to the bottom of my feet with the muscles.

is it muscle atrophy? I don’t know what is happening to the soles of my feet but if anyone knows anything, any and all info is greatly appreciated.

thank you

Hey @[Ja...], its good to hear you’re still walking but it sounds like this could threaten it!  I used the search function and found a lot of threads discussing atrophy, it sounds pretty common since so many members are bed bound or exercise intolerant.   But what you’re dealing with doesn’t sound like atrophy in the true sense of the word since you’re using those muscles.  Does it look like the muscles in your feet are diminishing, getting smaller or is it just pain?

How wonderful you’re getting amazing windows. Wow!  I remember when you were so exhausted. 
what is your secret? When did the tables turn for you? Was is something that just happened? 

4 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Hey @[Ja...], its good to hear you’re still walking but it sounds like this could threaten it!  I used the search function and found a lot of threads discussing atrophy, it sounds pretty common since so many members are bed bound or exercise intolerant.   But what you’re dealing with doesn’t sound like atrophy in the true sense of the word since you’re using those muscles.  Does it look like the muscles in your feet are diminishing, getting smaller or is it just pain?

Hi pamster, I believe it’s the plantar fasciitis part of my foot. I walked 7.5 miles today which is normal for me now. I’ve never had problems with the soles of my feet.  I usually walk way more and for the last 2 weeks I’ve had problems with my feet. It’s not the sneakers bc I bought them at a  professional runners store where they measure everything. It doesn’t look like my muscles are wasting but when I walk, I walk funny. I know something is wrong. I don’t want to stop walking bc ever since I started walking I began dreaming again and I know it’s a sign of healing and the walking improves my symptoms and is my only outlet. 
I looked it up also on the search bar and I couldn’t find anything. Maybe I’m typing something wrong. 

im worried bc it’s like my body is falling apart especially my feet. 

13 minutes ago, [[w...] said:

How wonderful you’re getting amazing windows. Wow!  I remember when you were so exhausted. 
what is your secret? When did the tables turn for you? Was is something that just happened? 

Hi wide sky, im so happy to see you here. I started this cocktail 8 weeks ago and it worked for my extreme fatigue.

wide sky how have you been ? 

Pamster I found something on atrophy but I wanted specifically to find muscle on feet wasting or atrophy. 
But I did find something. 

it looks like I’m going to have to walk less, we’ll see. I get so excited every day just to go walking, it feels that good especially mentally. 
It pains me to say I’ll slow it down. I loved walking for at least 3 hours in nature, it’s so beautiful out there. 

Edited by Guest

@[Ja...], have you spoken with the people at the runners store about the fact that you’re walking so much and its a fairly new activity for you?  Could it be that this isn’t related to benzo’s but more to conditioning?

17 hours ago, [[J...] said:

Hi everyone, my only outlet has been long walks everyday and I get windows and feel amazing but something is happening to the bottom of my feet with the muscles.

is it muscle atrophy? I don’t know what is happening to the soles of my feet but if anyone knows anything, any and all info is greatly appreciated.

thank you

I had sharp pains in the bottom of my feet lasted for about 4 months.  Worse at night.  I walked a lot still do.  I also had muscle atrophy.  I lost about 40lbs.  I was very weak had a hard time even taking a shower.  I kept walking...not only for muscles but for my mind.  I can get through the day now after 14 months it's the night that's still horrible.