Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Metronidazole / Flagyl Antibiotic & Pylera - WARNING!

[Ju...]

Hello Folks - I'm pissed at myself for not doing the proper due diligence like I should of. Searching for the antibiotic comes up with a lot of posts but I figured id add another one. Please let this be a warning to you but I would not consider taking Metronidazole / Flagyl Antibiotic for the h pylori treatment Pylera - I had a health event on Monday and now it makes sense to me what happened. My last dose of Klonopin was .125mg about 7 months ago and I kept the bottle in a top draw in bedroom ( i should of tossed it, another regret ). I took the 3 pills of Pylera, a few minutes later I shook a lot and blacked out for a second. I immediately went to get a dose of Klonopin in a confused state. It looks like I had a mini seizure with confusion which can be pretty scary because who knows if I had a weapon or something. 

This occurred on Monday at 11am on the 13/14th day. I did take 2 doses to finish the treatment on Tuesday because Im not smart. At the moment my only symptoms that I know of are an increased rested heart rate and tremors in hands. I hope this passes ASAP. I've been keeping hydrated. 

I wish I would of went with a different treatment option... :/ 

If anyone has any feedback / personal experience I would appreciate it. 

Edited by [Ju...]

• 3 months later...

Something similar happened to me. Was given lots of Ativan though. Mentioned the flagyl but they still have me Ativan. Of course. I am one month into neurotoxicity and things have not gotten better at all.

• Sad 1

On 29/01/2024 at 16:34, [[j...] said:

Hi @[ca...]

Welcome to BenzoBuddies!

I am sorry you haven't seen any improvement. Are you still taking Ativan?

Hi Jelly Baby,

i was cold turkey’d three times this month after this interaction. I unfortunately am not doing better. The last diazepam I was given was at the hospital a week ago. Thought I was having neurotoxicity from metronidazole. I was actually in withdrawal this entire time and never thought about it.

Kind of unsure what to do next cause I don’t know much about all this. Was kinda thrown in it totally by surprise..! I am super shocked.

i would reinstate tbh but because of the interaction, I don’t even know what my tolerance level would be. I used to take 0.5-1/day, not even every day but for 5,5 years. Never had any issue stopping at any point. Had the reaction when paramedics gave me two and one more was given to me at the hospital after reaction to flagyl. I never took 3mg before. Suddenly, 0.5-1 wasn’t enough and I took two until I realize it was making me worse then stopped CT not knowing I was tolerant

Any advice? 🤍

• 2 months later...
[jo...]

I took flagyl in June of 2020 and my life was destroyed in a matter of days. The last four years has been subsequent poly pharmacy for me and hell. I’m still suffering and mostly housebound. It definitely affects GABA and can cross the bbb. It should be on the do not touch list. I also took it for h pylori and it never even got rid of it. I eventually got rid of it was high dose amoxicillin. I’m so sorry. This antibiotic is so dangerous