Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Scary intrusive thoughts.

[Fl...]

I have horrible health anxiety and try really hard to deal with it. I will hear my voice in my head out of nowhere telling me I have a terminal illness. I then have horrible adrenaline rushes and am unable to move on. I feel like I need to be put in a straight jacket and locked up. Does anyone else deal with this?

I have intrusive thoughts most of the time.  My thoughts are triggered by tv or music or sometimes come right from my mind as memories. 

For whatever reason, my experience is benzos put a dark spin on everything.  For me,  as long as I can tell myself it's the benzos talking, most symptoms I can deal with. 

I don't have intrusive thoughts but I have scary thoughts related to health anxiety. Just a suggestion: don't get a blood pressure cuff.

Sorry you're suffering. Health anxiety is brutal particularly while going through this.

I have health anxiety too. I think it would be less if I was in shape. Overall it decreases in time. I'm 1 year off 30 years Klon.

Had intrusive thoughts on and off during 5 months of acute.

And during a wave at 10 months when I mistakenly took 1 /32 of a Klon as a test. Awful thoughts. Once you are off never take it again.

Meditation helps. Overtime thoughts become less influential on your being.