Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How much Valium?

[Gr...]

I've been struggling with my WD from Xanax (9 wks ago) and Ambien (5 weeks ago). This happened before I met BB.

I did not know how to taper correctly.  I did not know about going to Valium during my lousy taper. 

I would like to go with the lowest dose of Valium I can. I am hoping it can give my nervous system some kind of stabilty for a while until I am ready to slow taper off of it. 

I have 3 questions:

1) Could 2 to 4mg daily be enough to stay at until an eventual taper?

2) Have you ever reinstated with Valium and had any reduction in any symptoms?

3) Would I experience kindling at any point? I'm not even sure what that is.

Thanks

Edited by [Gr...]
correction

I think the answer to question 1 is you have to determine the lowest amount of the drug you can take and still function to start tapering. I successfully tapered off klonopin 10 years ago with the help of bb. The valium to me has been harder. I'm having to make reductions slower than I did with the k. But everyone  is diff.

Kindling from benzos is the neurological condition that results from repeated withdrawal attempts. Each withdrawal leads to more severe withdrawal symptoms than the previous attempt. They say it can make things like seizures more likely. I reinstated with 5 mgs of valium. I do not feel I am experiencing any kindling. In fact, my w/d this time, altho far from symptomless, is easier than the last time because I am doing the 10% reductions like BB recommend and I am also using Lexapro to help soften the blow. I am more optimistic this time but I know valium can be a little tricky bc of the long half-life. 

I can't tell you how you would react Grace. Valium needs a little while to build up so if you reinstate, give it a little time. I personally chose to start with a higher amount to see if I could get stable. 4 mgs is not a huge amount.

4 MG may be enough Grace. I only did 5, so about the same amount. Have you made a firm decision to try reinstatement? Did he Rx you 2 MG Valium tabs?

Edited by [An...]
addition

@[An...] Yes, I'm in. It's the lesser of all the evils to try to be fairly balanced.  I took 2x2mg tonight. That should be enough for me. I'm 111 lbs and short, and old (old people don't need as much from what I hear.)

How about this laughable irony. I called that prescribing doc's office several times to voice my opinion he prescribed off-label to me, kept refilling wirhout any addiction or WD warnings.

I have no one to prescribe so I called him. It gets interesting. i told him what I want, didn't let him tell me. I told him about WD symptonms. He was in denial. I said I wanted Valium to regroup my nervous system and would like him to help me taper when I am ready to stop. He made it clear this is an addictive med and stopping it would cause WD symptoms. (Did he really say that?) Said he would not help me taper because he's not treating WD, he's treating anxiety. (I see, he can't code for WD so he has to have a diagnosis.)  I sad, "Whatever." Then he said I will have to keep taking it. (Yeah, right. What law is that?) He asked if I am depressed. I said, "No " He said if I'm anxious I must be depressed so I need an antidepressant. (I guess he has to justify the bill for insurance.)  I said, "Whatever. Okay, throw me in the lowest dose of Cymbalta, maybe it will help the pain."  (I don't plan to take Cymbalta. I have enough with the V which I hope to start taper at end of year.)

It's ironic he tells me now that V is addictive and warned me about WD. Now? When did he ever say this to me when he gave me K, then X, and Ambien? Is he afraid now that he has to start warning people after I threatened to write a state complaint?

Who needs him?  When I'm ready, I hope this nice group on BB, who really know what WD is all about, will guide me.

On a familiar, allow me to repeat myself note, my nightly swelling-inflammation & pain has started. (Doesn't inflammation get worse at night?) More medicine & told it will take time. Geez, already wks of this and more time?  Said it's inflammation and it can cause numbness. I do have cellulitis on dorsum of nose. Yep, that is where it's swollen outside. It's caused by staph. Where the h*ll did I get that? I wasn't going anywhere bc of WD. I wonder if I got it from ER visit or some doc office. It doesn't seem related to WD, I hope not. i'm frustrated and tired. I want it gone.

I'm done looking like a circus clown. :wacko: Want to look normal again. (Well, normal for me .)

Edited by [Gr...]
addition

Wow Grace, what a story. Can you tell if the valium is helping a bit or is it too early to tell?

Some docs, believe it or not, think Valium is more addictive than the more potent benzos like Xanax, K, and Ativan. Valium just has a bad reputation that it has never lived down, but for most ppl, Valium is the best choice benzo to taper off. Klonopin and Xanax nearly killed me. I never could direct taper the Klonopin when I was on it.

Edited by [An...]
grammar correction

@@[An...] I am not feeling crazy anxious about the rest of the night, so far . . . despite not feeling better at all. I did have a feeling sorry for myself crying jig earlier, an hour after taking it.  Maybe on weekend I'll know more.

Learning so such about these B's it seems Valium gets a bad rap in the med community, and you're right, a go-to choice when coming off nasty K and X. 

Wasn't it the grandaddy of benzos? (Introduced by famous oxycontin Sackler family and Pfizer? I saw the movies about Sacklers on Netflix.) Valium: "The little yellow pii" from the R Srones Mother's Little Helper.

Maybe they should have stopped with Valium.  Makes me wonder if other benzos were created so they'd would be more habit-forming = $money$ over health risks. Big pharma = we don't give a rat's a** about people.

From reading posts on here, I got impression K is horrible and X is right behind it. I hated taking Klonopin. I didn't like it after a few tabs and yet I got lured in. 

I hear you Grace. No one wants to reinstate. I debated over it just as you did. Valium does need to little time to build up in your system.

Yes, valium was the granddaddy (LOL). Thank you Dr. Leo Sternbach (🤬). After valium came the more potent benzos like K, Ativan, and Xanax. Doctors said these were less addictive. (LOL) These ironically create a stronger addiction and are far harder to detox than Valium.

I hope you can get some relief in the coming days Grace, even if not full relief. Hopefully, you will also be able to sleep a little better while you regroup. 

5 hours ago, [[G...] said:

@@[An...] I am not feeling crazy anxious about the rest of the night, so far . . . despite not feeling better at all. I did have a feeling sorry for myself crying jig earlier, an hour after taking it.  Maybe on weekend I'll know more.

Learning so such about these B's it seems Valium gets a bad rap in the med community, and you're right, a go-to choice when coming off nasty K and X. 

Wasn't it the grandaddy of benzos? (Introduced by famous oxycontin Sackler family and Pfizer? I saw the movies about Sacklers on Netflix.) Valium: "The little yellow pii" from the R Srones Mother's Little Helper.

Maybe they should have stopped with Valium.  Makes me wonder if other benzos were created so they'd would be more habit-forming = $money$ over health risks. Big pharma = we don't give a rat's a** about people.

From reading posts on here, I got impression K is horrible and X is right behind it. I hated taking Klonopin. I didn't like it after a few tabs and yet I got lured in. 

Hi grace 2023 sorry to see you are still having a hard time of it.hope things improve now you have the valium.. 

I agree clonazapam is nasty I've not started my taper yet but I'm getting bad withdrawal from it anyway..I wonder if it's because I've reduced my pregablin...that the withdrawal/tolerance is showing up  my gp still won't help I'm in the UK so finding another practice to take you on is difficult 🙏

• 3 weeks later...

@[Wi...] Hi Winters sun. You seem to know about tapering.  I think you gave me some advice somewhere and I don't know where it is.

Anyway, I was in a grueling 2.5 month Xanax withdrawal. I'm sure you remember. 

On Oct 31, last week, I started 6mg Valium. I am hoping to stabilize, whatever that means. I still have burning (I guess it's paresthesia?)  I suppose it may be with me for a while. I hope not for too long. Unless the Valium is contributing to it. Damn benzos.

The Valium gives me headaches and I think I'm getting hives from it. Anyway, I can't stand any of this stuff anymore. 

Is the norm to go down 5-10% and in what intervals?  How will I know when to start that? I want to go down to 5mg which seems like a standard dose. Can I do that now and stick with it until the next downgrade? 

What would be a good idea?  About how many days can I go down and how much can I do?

So tired of this. I feel like my personality has been blunted. Is that normal during this time? I can't laugh, enjoy anything. It's ironic because just a few months ago while I was on X, I was clowning around, dancing, laughing. I feel robbed. Did you get your feelings and joy back when you felt better?  I want to be alive again. 

Thanks.

Hi @[Gr...]

I wouldn’t be reducing your dose at this stage. You were in acute withdrawal for quite some time before reinstating, so it generally takes longer to stabilise… reach a baseline level of symptoms. 

Your symptoms do however sound considerably less debilitating than they were before reinstatement, so I would take that as a win. 

Going by earlier posts, you reinstated with a Valium switch at 4mg’s somewhere around Oct 20, but it seems you’re now at 6mg’s. How long have you been taking 6mg’s? 

If you reinstated on Oct 20, then it’s only been 2.5 weeks, which is a very short time to be expecting to stabilise within properly after being in acute type symptoms for so long. 

I detect impatience, and that impatience could become your undoing again if you try to go ‘too big, too fast’ again. 

A drop from 6mg to 5mg would be a reduction of about 18%, when the recommended reduction percentage is 5-10% from each new current dose.

When you truly feel stable and ready to reduce (not dictated by impatience), I would be looking to make my first reduction to be more around 0.5mg’s, rather than 1mg, which would be close to a 9% reduction in dose. 

In the end, I can only go by my own experience of taking 14 weeks to completely stabilise after tapering too fast. I’m not saying you should or need to hold that long before tapering, only that 2.5 weeks is a very short time to expect to completely stabilise within. 

At some point, you will have to reach a place of acceptance that you will not only have some baseline level of symptoms through your taper and recovery, but that you will also have to exercise and maintain a level of patience through the process. 

I know this sounds difficult, but, you are among others here who have no choice but to do the very same.

Reaching that state of acceptance and learning to develop and maintain patience is a process in itself. 

we want to see you taper and come off more comfortably this time. 

You can do it. 

I agree with Winters. You will get there eventually Grace but learn from your past mistakes. Get stable 1st if you can like Winters said. Then, slowly start the detox. I was like you Grace, impatient and always in a hurry to get off this crap and all my efforts ended in failure and undue suffering. Who cares if it takes 6 months or a year to get off? The goal is to gently step down in small increments, giving the brain time to adjust with each small dose reduction. You will not be asymptomatic but the slow withdrawal should be tolerable.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Hi @[Gr...]

I wouldn’t be reducing your dose at this stage. You were in acute withdrawal for quite some time before reinstating, so it generally takes longer to stabilise… reach a baseline level of symptoms. 

Your symptoms do however sound considerably less debilitating than they were before reinstatement, so I would take that as a win. 

Going by earlier posts, you reinstated with a Valium switch at 4mg’s somewhere around Oct 20, but it seems you’re now at 6mg’s. How long have you been taking 6mg’s? 

If you reinstated on Oct 20, then it’s only been 2.5 weeks, which is a very short time to be expecting to stabilise within properly after being in acute type symptoms for so long. 

I detect impatience, and that impatience could become your undoing again if you try to go ‘too big, too fast’ again. 

A drop from 6mg to 5mg would be a reduction of about 18%, when the recommended reduction percentage is 5-10% from each new current dose.

When you truly feel stable and ready to reduce (not dictated by impatience), I would be looking to make my first reduction to be more around 0.5mg’s, rather than 1mg, which would be close to a 9% reduction in dose. 

In the end, I can only go by my own experience of taking 14 weeks to completely stabilise after tapering too fast. I’m not saying you should or need to hold that long before tapering, only that 2.5 weeks is a very short time to expect to completely stabilise within. 

At some point, you will have to reach a place of acceptance that you will not only have some baseline level of symptoms through your taper and recovery, but that you will also have to exercise and maintain a level of patience through the process. 

I know this sounds difficult, but, you are among others here who have no choice but to do the very same.

Reaching that state of acceptance and learning to develop and maintain patience is a process in itself. 

we want to see you taper and come off more comfortably this time. 

You can do it. 

@[Wi...] Yes, I am impatient, as with others. Can you blame us? 

I tried 4mg V for a few days around Oct 20. Then I started 6mg on 10/31. I feel like 6 is a little bit too much just because isn't is common to do 5mg?  I'm at 6 for 7 days now.  I feel like this stuff is giving me hives plus headaches. I don't know where the hives are coming from.   

It irks me  that this withdrawal has targeted my face, my skin, and now my eyes. I have a welt and edema under my left eye as if I was punched in the face. I have to see what the ophthalmologist says. Who knows. It has to be from this ordeal.

Yes, I am impatient. I am so tired of this crap that this stuff does. My hair now is limp. A few weeks ago it was thick like 80's hair. Now it just died?  I have deep thoughts about going back on X if I knew for sure I could get back to the place I was a few months ago, but I know that's not practical. The same idea must go through the heads of many. I'm sure I'm not alone. 

Here I am, I've come so far, yet I think my brain is affected somehow. I am blah and detached. Is that normal? I want to just jump up and feel good. I have a hard time understanding what this does to us. I was laughing and enjoying everything up until this withdrawal. I thought it was going to get better after leaving it, yet I died after that. 

Winters sun, what is your wisdom about this?  I don't know if you are male or female, but I am female and it's disappointing and upsetting when my face is broken out and I have a welt under my eye. Here I was never smoking, drinking, and always caring for myself and this took all of it away including my muscles. My legs are sticks. This stuff is a complete danger. 

I need to and have to get better. I need to fight this. I can't let it beat me. I have to tell myself none of this ever happened so that I can ignore it and not let it win.  I need to function and live, but I feel dead inside. I feel like I had a lobotomy. I hope you understand this is more than complaining. This is feeling torn. I'm burning all the time. I try to ignore it. Just like all of us, I wish I never laid eyes on one of those pills. I just want to feel good and naturally happy without forcing myself. This is why I am impatient. I am tired of this junk. I know reality is that I have to take the good with the bad and keep on this stuff until I can give it up. 

Let's say I get to a baseline (not sure what that means or feels like) and it takes a month, say the end of November.  Then, can I safely begin a 10% taper 6mg to 5.5, etc, every 10 or 14 days? What's recommended? 

I don't know what to look for as a baseline or being stable? How can I tell?  Would you mind guiding me along the way? Would it be too much to ask?  Thank you.

Grace said>>>

Then, can I safely begin a 10% taper 6mg to 5.5, etc, every 10 or 14 days? What's recommended? 

I am currently doing this taper rate every 3 weeks Grace.

Grace said>>>

I just want to feel good and naturally happy without forcing myself. This is why I am impatient. I am tired of this junk. I know reality is that I have to take the good with the bad and keep on this stuff until I can give it up. 

This is what we all want Grace as the end result, but you must approach tapering off benzos smartly. You will get there as will I. Slow and steady wins the race.👍

Hi @[Gr...]

I don’t want you to think that there’s any judgement towards you in terms of ‘acceptance’, as it is something we all have to navigate our way towards. Even once we do reach a level of acceptance, there will undoubtedly be times where we lose that acceptance for a time. The reason it’s important is because whenever we fight this experience, becoming more emotionally stressed, it has a direct impact on our nervous system through the constant release of  stress hormones (Cortisol, epinephrine, norepinephrine) which increase heart rate, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels. These are useful hormones to deal with stressful situations in small or lower amounts, but if we’re caught up in a constant stress state, too much of these hormones has a negative affect, imparting digestion and increasing anxiety and depression. Long term release also causes increased inflammation in the body. Finding some level of acceptance can help us avoid adding additional stress which only feeds into and intensifies symptoms. However, reaching a place of acceptance is often a continual process of losing it and then regaining it. 

I am male, and yes, I am acutely aware it can be considerably more distressing for a female to deal with symptoms that affect one’s visual appearance, especially if they are facial. We do have other members here who are dealing with similar visual facial symptoms, so, in answer to your question… yes, it is not overly uncommon. As distressing as these visual symptoms clearly are, they will resolve, you will recover. Please understand that benzodiazepine withdrawal is what it is… we are neither punished nor rewarded based on lifestyle choices, vices, or the absence there of. Withdrawal cannot be bargained with. Please don’t take that the wrong way. I only expressed that because the underlying subtext here…

9 hours ago, [[G...] said:

Winters sun, what is your wisdom about this?  I don't know if you are male or female, but I am female and it's disappointing and upsetting when my face is broken out and I have a welt under my eye. Here I was never smoking, drinking, and always caring for myself and this took all of it away including my muscles. My legs are sticks. This stuff is a complete danger. 

seemed to be ‘I don’t deserve this’, and you are certainly right!

No one deserves to go through this painful experience. It simply is what it is, without reason or agenda.

Please try and understand that ‘within’, you are still the same beautiful, soulful being you have always been. These visual symptoms will resolve in time, so, in the meantime, offer yourself compassion and self love, rather than judging yourself based purely on your physical appearance. We are always more judgemental of ourselves than others are of us. 

I think it’s impossible to know whether these visual symptoms are directly the result of the Valium or simply the result of withdrawal, impacted further by a long term stress state. Others have also developed these type symptoms within the recovery phase, so I would venture a guess that it is more related to withdrawal and high stress where our individual weaknesses are targeted and exposed.

The best way to know when you’ve reached your baseline symptoms is to write down your symptoms daily and give them each a rating out of 10. It can be very difficult to detect gradual improvements along the way. By jotting every symptom down and rating each out of 10, you will not only see if intensity has decreased, but you will also notice if certain symptoms have disappeared by comparing to the previous days. It’s also helpful to write down whether certain daily tasks seem to have become slightly easier as time passes… 

Once you no longer notice any further improvements occurring, that’s your baseline from which to taper. 

You can simply taper at whatever percentage your symptoms will allow. 

WOW. "Winters Sun" that was a simply amazing message you just sent to Grace. That message seemed to have some Divine Intervention.  Reading it helped me also.  I am just like you Grace. I was only on Xanax for 5 weeks. Only 1/2 mg at night. After 5 weeks it hit me hard during the day, Interdose Withdrawl.  I have also been on Ambien 12.5 mg for 10 months. So now having some interdose withdrawl from that crap. I also wish I could just stop also. I am 60 years old. My Doctor for 15 years I believe got his license out of a cracker jack box. Little over a year ago I tapered MYSELF off of 30mg of Oxycodone and 30 mg Hydrocodone that I was taking daily for 5 years. Took me 4 1/2 months. My Doctor has all this in his files and he  knew I have a addictive body. I did not really understand Z drugs and Benzos were addictive in the sense that what it means to me. Back in my younger days I was addicted to Cocaine, and Crank , Alcohol etc. But got clean and sober 24 years ago. The reason I am saying this is because those types of drugs and opiates gave me euphoria,  big time. The Ambien just helped me to sleep, and the Xanax just helped with my panic attacks.  There was ZERO euphoria for me with these drugs. Tapering off of these is I believe worse, but at the same time, WE CAN AND WILL be successful. I am taking 4 mg of Valium now, and I HATE  it. But I believe in my heart it will get better, but my head , which can be a bad place, tries to tell me different. I have some of the same symptoms as you and several more. The Headaches are terrible. But I need to learn patience and try to be positive. I go to work and exercise on Tredmill even though I don't want to. I make myself do it. Hang in their Grace, you can and will beat this. Love you all.

13 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Hi @[Gr...]

I don’t want you to think that there’s any judgement towards you in terms of ‘acceptance’, as it is something we all have to navigate our way towards. Even once we do reach a level of acceptance, there will undoubtedly be times where we lose that acceptance for a time. The reason it’s important is because whenever we fight this experience, becoming more emotionally stressed, it has a direct impact on our nervous system through the constant release of  stress hormones (Cortisol, epinephrine, norepinephrine) which increase heart rate, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels. These are useful hormones to deal with stressful situations in small or lower amounts, but if we’re caught up in a constant stress state, too much of these hormones has a negative affect, imparting digestion and increasing anxiety and depression. Long term release also causes increased inflammation in the body. Finding some level of acceptance can help us avoid adding additional stress which only feeds into and intensifies symptoms. However, reaching a place of acceptance is often a continual process of losing it and then regaining it. 

I am male, and yes, I am acutely aware it can be considerably more distressing for a female to deal with symptoms that affect one’s visual appearance, especially if they are facial. We do have other members here who are dealing with similar visual facial symptoms, so, in answer to your question… yes, it is not overly uncommon. As distressing as these visual symptoms clearly are, they will resolve, you will recover. Please understand that benzodiazepine withdrawal is what it is… we are neither punished nor rewarded based on lifestyle choices, vices, or the absence there of. Withdrawal cannot be bargained with. Please don’t take that the wrong way. I only expressed that because the underlying subtext here…

seemed to be ‘I don’t deserve this’, and you are certainly right!

No one deserves to go through this painful experience. It simply is what it is, without reason or agenda.

Please try and understand that ‘within’, you are still the same beautiful, soulful being you have always been. These visual symptoms will resolve in time, so, in the meantime, offer yourself compassion and self love, rather than judging yourself based purely on your physical appearance. We are always more judgemental of ourselves than others are of us. 

I think it’s impossible to know whether these visual symptoms are directly the result of the Valium or simply the result of withdrawal, impacted further by a long term stress state. Others have also developed these type symptoms within the recovery phase, so I would venture a guess that it is more related to withdrawal and high stress where our individual weaknesses are targeted and exposed.

The best way to know when you’ve reached your baseline symptoms is to write down your symptoms daily and give them each a rating out of 10. It can be very difficult to detect gradual improvements along the way. By jotting every symptom down and rating each out of 10, you will not only see if intensity has decreased, but you will also notice if certain symptoms have disappeared by comparing to the previous days. It’s also helpful to write down whether certain daily tasks seem to have become slightly easier as time passes… 

Once you no longer notice any further improvements occurring, that’s your baseline from which to taper. 

You can simply taper at whatever percentage your symptoms will allow. 

@[Wi...] Thank you. Today I have been burning since the moment I went to sleep last night. I can never understand this disease. I think I can function with other symptoms if I can get rid of this burning throughout my entire body. It's like fire in my blood. Do you think the physical symptoms go back to normal in time?  Such as my face constantly being red and irritated. I have hives. Not sure if it's from the Val or just this horrible thing. I am empty inside. I don't even dream at night. I don't smile or laugh anymore. I feel like something happened to me that robbed me. 

As far as baseline and reaching stabilization, I wonder if the Valium is even necessary. I don't feel any improvement yet on it though it's only been 9 days since Oct 31. Will this other poison begin to ravage me like X did?  I seemed to have one day a few days ago when I was feeling okay, tolerant to the symptoms and the burning came back late at night as opposed to earlier, yet this time I have had it since last night when going to sleep and it hasn't given up yet.  i have Lyrica on order (brand name) and I going to see if it helps the burning. I don't have side effects from it. It has helped me with nerve pain in the past. If it helps, I would almost just want to take it instead of the Valium. I am now taking 5mg Valium. Is that a decent amount to use to become stable? I would hate to take more of it. Yes, I was on 6, but I went down to 5 to be on the lowest regular dose. Plus, I don't know if it is causing me hives.  I know it causes me headaches which I normally rarely get. I have become despondent because i don't feel human or me anymore.

Thank you for this: "Please try and understand that ‘within’, you are still the same beautiful, soulful being you have always been. These visual symptoms will resolve in time, so, in the meantime, offer yourself compassion and self love, rather than judging yourself based purely on your physical appearance. We are always more judgemental of ourselves than others are of us."

It is difficult to ignore physical alterations from this disease. When you are beet red all the time. When you have lumps under your eyes. My had has gone limp when once so full of body, only a few months ago. These probably causes me stress because I see them and i know they have changed. Do these physical things really go back to normal?  

Thank you for listening. I would like to get your input when I am ready to taper. i know you have a lot of wisdom.

@[Wi...] I have a question about my symptoms. I seem to just be having this burning sensation which is a b*tch. It loves to attack my face. Lovely. Anyway, I have taken Lyrica for the burning and it seems to help. I don't know if the Val is making the burning worse.  It does cause headaches and chest burning.  I wonder if I could do 4 mg a day.  I wonder if I am at the end of my X acute withdrawal and this burning is a lingering effect. How can you tell if you are ending acute or out of it?  How do people know?  Any thoughts? Thanks!

Edited by [Gr...]

Hi @[Gr...]

The anhedonia type symptoms are very normal in withdrawal (inability to feel pleasure), as is the burning sensation. 
I wouldn’t just stop the Valium after 3 weeks. The last thing you want to do is go into more acute type symptoms again. I think your system is still in the process of trying to stabilise. If you had to do anything, rather than quit the Valium cold turkey, you’d be better off tapering a small amount and seeing how that reduction affects you. 

It also may be helpful if you start a new thread on the Benzodiazepine Withdrawal, Use, & Recovery Board, reaching out to other members who are experiencing, or have previously experienced similar symptoms to yours. 

18 hours ago, [[J...] said:

WOW. "Winters Sun" that was a simply amazing message you just sent to Grace. That message seemed to have some Divine Intervention.  Reading it helped me also. 

Thank you, @[Je...]

I’m very glad to hear you found it helpful.