Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

~7 months since last dose - Took 2x .25mg :(

[Ju...]

Hello Folks - I'm upset at myself for a couple of reasons after I learned I was positive for h pylori. It sucks because I have some cognitive impairments that are slowly improving but I should of been more patient and slower. 

1) I tapered off .5mg of Klonopin with my last dose in March. I kept the bottle of pills in my top chest draw which was a mistake.

2) I was prescribed Pylera and should of came to this forum to research it. I'm pretty sure the metronidazole antibiotic is what triggered an psychotic break. I have never felt so disoriented and something in me made me grab my bottle and take half a .50mg pill. This occurred on Monday at 10:45am and I felt so good I took the other half at .25mg on Tuesday at 5:35am. 

Most people would of done more due diligence by both tossing away there old benzo's and researching what new pills were going in their mouth for 14 days. 

I let my support team (psychiatrist / therapist) know but it is ultimately my mind and body that will be suffering from these actions. 

Edited by [Ju...]

Hi Justintime2023

The tablets you are on for your stomach can really make you feel ill and out of sorts. But you need to take them to heal the heli bacter in your stomach...I've had the same treatment a few years ago..... Take things easy stress doesn't help hope you recover soon 🙏

• Like 1

@[me...] gave you some good advice @[Ju...], sometimes we have to choose between two bad options and even though you’re suffering for it, I believe you made the right decision.

Your use of the Klonopin shouldn’t cause you any problems, we’ve found that one off rescue doses don’t typically affect us, so please don’t be so hard on yourself, we all get desperate. 

• Like 2

My withdrawal symptoms, specifically uncontrollable movements of arms / legs and Akathisia began last night. 

1) i should of held off on antibiotics / tried natural way to attack h pylori

2) never used flagyl

3) not have spare klonopin in house

maybe if 1 & 2 were true and I didn’t take Klonopin I wouldnt of had withdrawals and just a small seizure from flagyl on monday.

I can see getting a seizure and taking a pill even though i should if tosses bottle but taking the 2nd pill on Tuesday was dumb

Edited by [Ju...]

I had a 14 day prescription of flagyl and normally its a 10 day treatment. I had my mild seizure on day 13. I can list 10 ways this situation could of been avoided and it all lined up perfectly and opened up hell. I remember on Saturday the 7th I drove wife and i to retail stores and now im pacing on floor.

I didn’t realize you’d had a seizure, does your doctor agree it was caused by the Flagyl.  It looks like you’re dealing with akathisia like symptoms, are they continuous or do you get a break?

I can see you’re filled with anger and regret, I don’t blame you but I hope you can let go of it soon, these emotions can ramp up symptoms even more.