Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Xanax tapering

[Je...]

On 18/11/2023 at 18:00, [[J...] said:

Has anyone that has taken Valium had burning and muscle soreness and weakness in hands, forearms,  and ankles, calves? This is horrible. 

Hello @[Je...],

I had a lot of nerve burning and muscles pain and soreness but mine started mostly hee I jumped off. The issues I had prior to then paled in comparison to post jump. These were my longest lasting symptoms. Later in recovery they started to ease up and I even had windows of no pain. I did have a huge surge right before healing at about 15 months off.

On 15/11/2023 at 14:18, [[J...] said:

Yes, Ambien for sleep only.Ok. Great. That does make perfect sense. Sorry sometimes I sound confusing. For one, I am a old school concrete finisher. Got into concrete when I quit high school, ( like a knuckle head). Lol. And that was 43 years ago. Wow, I am getting old. And also I made a cut on the Valium from 4 down to 3.5 , 5 days ago. So feeling some confusion and withdrawls today. Texting messages has never been my thing. And when typing during a withdrawal I can get little confused sometimes.. Not terrible though. My psychiatrist was going to cut me from 4mg to 3mg, for the next 30 days,  so I just asked her, if your wanting me down to 3mg this month, can we just go 3.5mg for first 2 weeks than down to 3mg last 2 weeks, and she said sure. Anyways thanks again. Man Saturday I was on my riding mower and all of a sudden I felt like I was 100%, bummer is it only last 2 hours. What I thought was cool was the fact that Ashton Manual says that there will be windows like this throughout taper. Wow, spot on. Look forward to that window being 24 hours a day. Thanks again. 

Jerry - Did you cut Valium from 4mg to 3.5 or did you go down to 3mg?   How's it going?  How long has it been since you cut?  About time for me to cut and hoping yours is going well and I can learn from it. :)   Keep us posted and stay strong

Hello Khun Kit. I went from 4 to 3.5 for 10 days, and now down to 3.25 for a few days , will be going down to 3 Saturday. Was not that bad. After 10 more days drop to 2.5. Working out pretty good. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.  Stay positive and determined. You can and will do this. And afterwards, NEVER AGAIN. 

• Love 1

Hey @[Je...], it sounds like you’re doing well, I’m so glad you’re working your way off of the Valium, it never did seem to agree with you so this is good!  I’m sorry I’ve been absent, I’ll have a little more time for my Buddies, but still pretty busy in real life. 

Thanks Pam. Good to hear from you. This time of year is very busy time.  Hope you had a good Thanksgiving.  Dropped down to 3mg Friday. Drop again probably next weekend.  Thanks again. 

• Like 1

On 21/11/2023 at 22:34, [[J...] said:

Hello Khun Kit. I went from 4 to 3.5 for 10 days, and now down to 3.25 for a few days , will be going down to 3 Saturday. Was not that bad. After 10 more days drop to 2.5. Working out pretty good. Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.  Stay positive and determined. You can and will do this. And afterwards, NEVER AGAIN. 

Good to hear Jerry, my friend! You got this.💪👍

Nice Jerry …I need to follow your lead.  I am at 5 mg Valium for about 5 or 6 days and wanna cut soon.  But, I have sinus surgery upcoming and wanna wait until that’s behind me.  I will attempt to go to 4 mg after about a 10-12 day hold.  No issues with previous cut from 6 mg except tinnitus which has been plaguing me for months since last sinus/ear infection.   Not sure it’s benzo related.  

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear. I just dropped to 2.5 mg. Slight withdrawal symptoms.  Ears plugged,  some tinnitus, tilittle bit flu type that last maybe hour or so. Overall ok. Soon will be off. 

I hope things continue to go fairly smoothly with the Valium taper @[Je...], then it will be time for the Ambien.  But how are you going to sleep with your weird schedule, is there any way you can get on a different shift?

Hello Pam. Thanks for the reply. Yes, about the schedule.  I am going to change it up. Also when I come off Ambien might take off work for month or two. I actually already tapered down a couple mg of the Ambien also. 

This is excellent to hear @[Je...], I’m so happy you’re getting rid of the Valium and it sounds like the Ambien won’t be far behind.  I’m thrilled to hear you may be able to adjust your shift and even take time off, I’m very hopeful!