Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Xanax tapering

[Je...]

Hello. I am new here. My name is Jerry. I have been taking Ambien for severe Insomnia for 1 year . I also am taking Gabapentin for neuropathy, about 6 months. Back 1 year ago  I had just come off of a 4 month taper from Oxycodone, 50 mg a day for 5 years. I weaned off myself. About 2 months ago I started having panic attacks and severe anxiety. My Doctor prescribed 1/2  mg of Xanax 5 weeks ago, 1 per night. I needed them every night. Well 7 days ago I started having interdose withdrawl during the day. I tried weaning off these and having terrible withdrawal. Headache, confusion,  flu like symptoms,  etc. I am now cutting my pills in half and taking 1/4 mg every 12 hours. It did help, but very little. What should I do? And should I ask Doctor for 10 mg of Valium instead, and would this help? Please help. I am in Missouri, little west of St Louis. Thanks. Jerry

Hello @[Je...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

Are you still taking the Ambien too? The positive about Ambien (a z-drug - which acts very similarly to benzodiazepines) is its very short half-life (about 2 hours). If taken once per day, you are unlikely to develop physical dependence (it is in and out of your system between doses). Xanax is different. Although it has a fairly short half-life for a benzodiazepine at about 11 hours, if taken once day, it is never fully out of your system (about a quarter remains before your your next dose). Daily use will likely lead to dependence.

After 5 weeks of use, it is indeed possible to develop dependence to Xanax. However, the depth of your dependency is probably relatively low, so it would be better to quit sooner rather than later.

Can you manage on the 0.25mg twice-a-day regimen? If so, there are some options available to you to taper from there (to make smaller cuts), such as obtaining a prescription for compounded liquid. Or, you might talk to your pharmacist about using a suspension medium to make your own liquid with crushed pills.

Because of your relative short-term use, I would suggest getting off as soon as possible. Switching to Valium might be an option, but this will add some time to the taper. And it means that you will become more chronically dosed (because of its long half-life (36-200 hours). This could be a bad or good thing. Bad, because it might increase the depth of dependency; or good, because it means that you are unlikely to suffer inter-dose withdrawal effects, and it would allow you to make gentler cuts via ordinary pill-splitting.

I tend to advocate for getting off sooner rather than later after short-term use. But there are no hard and fast rules or guarantees about this.

Again, do you still take the Ambien? Do you take the Ambien at the same time as Xanax?

Thank you for the reply. Wow it sure helps just to hear from someone that wants to help. Yes on the Ambien. I have severe Insomnia, so without Ambien I would go without sleep at all, and it would be worse. Also, just want to mention that all my meds were by prescription. I am taking the Xanax about 3 hours before Ambien. But if would help I could adjust and take it further apart. Does Ambien or Gabapentin have anything with me coming off Xanax, ( withdrawls or stopping worse)?. Man, a year ago when I weaned off 50 mg of Oxycodone,  without help from Doctors, it sure seems like this is a little worse. Also, I agree, I would like to just wean off the Xanax, and not take Valium. Thanks. 

Hi Jerry and welcome to BB friend. You have found the best place on the internet to support you and help you get off benzos if that is your goal. Colin gave you some sage benzo w/d advice. Yes, you can develop a dependence to these drugs rather quickly unless you dose PRN and the doses are spread far enough apart to keep addiction from taking hold. You have not been on that long. That is a good thing. Crossing over to valium might be a good option for you to stop the interdose w/d but it will also extend the time you are exposed as you slowly taper off the valium.

• Like 1

So in the past 3 hours I feel as though I am dying. That bad. Can't focus, ears are ringing terribly,  and ears constantly plugged, insomnia, chest palpitations at times, sweating, flu type feeling, etc. Spoke with psychiatrist today, she said she would switch me to Valium. Since 1/2 mg of Xanax daily right now , 1/4 at night and 1/4 during day, but this was during interdose that started around 9 days ago, I know the equivalent of Valium is only 10 mg, but something tells me that will not be enough because the Xanax 1/2 daily is not working to keep withdrawls down much at all. If switch to Valium seems like it should be 15 or 20, than taper down. Also, can I switch from Xanax straight to Valium? Thanks

Hey Jerry. (and everyone else. I'm new too and I'll be posting about that as soon as I'm recovered from a hospital visit)  I'm finally glad to see I'm not alone and here with your situation and it's why I'll be following yours because I haven't quite found one similar enough to mine. I'm currently taking about 4mg a day but! (SAME LENGTH OF TIME AS YOU) along with buprenorphine (Subutex) and I came clean to my prescribing doc about it that I had been messing around with benzos again for about a month because all because I couldn't sleep and I guess it turned into kindling which quickly turned into a heavy binge rate, he just said here's 100mg gabapentin good luck. I basically said okay you're trying to kill me. Got a new doc immediately she listened and they put me on 3mg a day immediately (1 every 8 hrs.) and said it's probably going to be awhile but I can work with you. My thing is Jerry, it's been about 6 weeks for me too like I said. I have all the same questions as you do... is it better to go quick and try to 'beat the system' and deal with whatever symptoms come or is it worth going through the whole process and do the switch to diazepam (ashton method) or keep it all the same just lower the numbers? Although at much higher doses, wish they were lower like yours, I started noticing the 'interdose' withdrawal (high bp and shakes) and was like yep I'm dependent (again, but to what level?). I almost questioned if it was interdose subutex withdrawal. Not being my first rodeo, I luckily could tell the differences. It's harder to tell the differences between them throughout the day since I'm still trying to adjust to just the 3mg without adding anymore from my stash. or mixing and matching with other benzos. I've been open with the doc about that too, she's been trying to I guess figure out where the tolerance level is and go from there or maybe that's just where were going to start. So basically 3mg prescribed, 1mg not prescribed. And truthfully, the 1mg has been more of just 3 or 4 nights in a row because of a hand infection trying to get more comfort from the poison of antibiotics that luckily end tomorrow morning because they're tearing me up more than my hand is. Already told my new therapist about all this (same practice about that) Now my next appt. I'm going to tell my new doc. I told her I'd be an open book to her and put all the trust in her, but obviously I'm glad I found a place like this. The last time I was detoxed off, I was in a treatment center. Option isn't there for that this time. I'll be following your case. The one thing I remember though, and I'm not sure if this is a thing or not, but if I could offer any useful info I remember what they'd do is they would switch you to a long-acting barbiturate, like phenobarbital or librium, and put you on clonidine. Interestingly enough, my new doctor did also put me on clonidine as a PRN I've used it once so far as you must be in a safe bp range to use it. I think if I remember correctly, the top number needs to be minimum 100-110. But I remember last week I woke up shaking, had like a 170/128 took it immediately dropped back down, shaking stopped. So I'm wondering, there has to be something there to that at least. I know clonidine helps tremendously with opioid withdrawal. So I can see it being very useful during benzo withdrawal. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, the seizure risk is at least partially due to the high blood pressure, right? Sorry about all the 'filler' and that I don't have much info to offer, but I'm basically in the same boat as you wondering about time/switching etc. The one thing I can offer though for sure, is that you need to stabilize your blood serum levels. From what I've seen Xanax has a short half life something like 6-16 hrs? (correct me if im wrong) personally I know im on the shorter end of that stick, and you probably are too if you're noticeing interdose withdrawals for sure if you only take it especially 1 or 2x a day. You did the right thing by splitting the dosing up but may or may not be enough. I'm guessing that's why my doc put me on 1mg 3 times a day. I've seen some people on here talk about going up to 4x a day. I think the most important thing for you (and I) is to figure out exactly where we are. stabilize, and then put some sort of plan in motion with guidance of others ofc. If you're good at 2x a day, stick there until someone can chime in who can help more because in your situation you'd have to use some of the different methods to get the correct measurements if you were to take it 3x a day or 4. Like weighing powder, or making a suspended/solution. I have little experience with these things before so i just bought a new pill cutter and PG fluid just to prepare, But again, I'm going to make my own post to ask for that advice before I just hop to some sort of liquid taper. It just stinks you know. Just that one little pill, for 6 weeks, or a 6 week binge like me either way that's all it takes. It's unfair and stinks. 

Hello @[VI...]. Welcome to BenzoBuddies.

It would be best to start your own thread to discuss your situation. I will say, though, I am not aware of high blood pressure being a causal factor in increasing your risk of seizure. But I am aware of some link between higher blood pressure and epilepsy. And you are on a high dose (3-4mg/day Xanax - and whatever (higher?) doses you were taking before), so there is potential for seizure if you quit cold turkey or taper very rapidly.

Just took a look around the net; there appears to be quite a lot research into high blood pressure and adult-onset epilepsy and seizures. I would expect, though, that if the link is not already apparent and well researched long before now, the link is probably relatively weak. So try not to worry about it.

http://www.nationalepilepsytraining.co.uk/high-blood-pressure-and-seizures/

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/hypertension-linked-to-2-5-times-higher-risk-of-epilepsy

Again, I would not worry about it. But it is important to treat high blood pressure anyway. So by doing that, you would at the same time mitigate against any supposed/theoretical risks of experiencing seizures or developing epilepsy.

On 17/10/2023 at 02:01, [[J...] said:

So in the past 3 hours I feel as though I am dying. That bad. Can't focus, ears are ringing terribly,  and ears constantly plugged, insomnia, chest palpitations at times, sweating, flu type feeling, etc. Spoke with psychiatrist today, she said she would switch me to Valium. Since 1/2 mg of Xanax daily right now , 1/4 at night and 1/4 during day, but this was during interdose that started around 9 days ago, I know the equivalent of Valium is only 10 mg, but something tells me that will not be enough because the Xanax 1/2 daily is not working to keep withdrawls down much at all. If switch to Valium seems like it should be 15 or 20, than taper down. Also, can I switch from Xanax straight to Valium? Thanks

Although what constitutes an equivalent dose varies (because of slightly differing therapeutic profiles, and because what constitutes a true equivalent dose will differ due to differences in the half-life value between individuals), you should be fine with 10mg. In any case, Ashton tended to be on the generous side in her equivalent diazepam doses - I would caution against going to a higher dose unless absolutely necessary.

In general, Ashton had her patients gradually switch over to diazepam. This helps mitigate against differences in therapeutic profiles and equivalent dosing. But, you are taking a low dose - a drawn out substitution is impractical, and perhaps unnecessary. If you or your doctor determine that you should switch in a single step, you should probably expect some withdrawal symptoms. The Xanax will be completely out of system in about two days. But diazepam will be slower to build up - probably 1-2 weeks for it to take near full effect, and month (or more) for you to reach 'steady state' blood levels. What you might do (if switching in a single step) is talk with your doctor about if she thinks it would be OK/appropriate for you take a single double dose (20mg) on your first day, or 15mg for a couple of days as a 'loading dose'. This would help speed up the accumulation of diazepam in your system and help mitigate against withdrawal effects during the switch. Irrespective, the worst of it probably would be over in a week (or two at the most). And that you are on a relatively small dose is helpful too.

I should add that Ashton actually would have her patients taper off during substitution. But that does not really apply here because of your low dose.

@[Je...], I wanted to let you know about my experience with Ambien, I suffered terrible interdose withdrawal when I was using it, so much so that I started taking it during the day, this isn’t a good solution because its a hypnotic and causes severe memory loss.

Professor Ashton mentions crossing her patients from Ambien to Valium, her equivalency tables mention 20 mgs Ambien/Zolpidem being roughly equivalent to 10 mgs Valium, I feel your Ambien use might need to be taken into account. https://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

Thank you for the replies. Everybody I see on here is talking about high blood pressure. Which mine use to be several months ago, before this Xanax thing going on now. But my blood pressure just 3 weeks ago has been perfect, 115/73 average. Just in past 10 days it has been getting lower 93/63. I did get varicose veins checked out and will be getting procedure on them next week. I was reading last night should wear compression socks until than. Will help to raise BP some. Thank you Pam for just chiming in. I have been taking the Ambien for around 10 to 11 months. 12.5 mg extended release. I can't sleep without it. Severe Insomnia.  Could I be put on the Valium to wean off the Xanax and continue with the ambien? I have never felt any ithdrawl symptoms when I was taking just the Ambien, only when started this .5 Xanax once in evening for 5 to 6 weeks. And started about 10 days ago. Thank you all for your support and help.

One more question. After switching from the Xanax to Valium, how long do I need to take the Valium before I can start weaning off of that? I want these benzos gone for good.  Thanks. Jerry

@[Je...], I started taking Ambien a few months into my cold turkey from Klonopin, I knew it wasn’t a good idea because even though its classified as a non-benzodiazepine, as @[Co...] mentioned, it acts similarly to a benzodiazepine.  In my case, the similarities to Klonopin translated into inner trembling, extreme anxiety, physical ticks and dark depression.  When I finally stopped taking the Ambien, all of those symptoms went away.  It took me a few days to learn how to sleep on my own again but it was only giving me about 3 hours a night anyway, so it was the right decision for me.

I honestly don’t know if you’ll be able to continue the Ambien, once our central nervous systems gets sensitized we can’t predict how it will react.  I just wanted to let you know my experience, I hope yours is different. 

Thank you Pam. One day more question. After switching from the Xanax to Valium, how long do I need to take the Valium before I can start weaning off of that? I want these benzos gone for good.  Thanks. Jerry

Hi again @[Je...], I don’t have taper experience but I’ve read that once you feel stable you can begin your taper. Because Valium has such a long half life, you probably want to give it enough time to fully build up in your body, I believe that’s why Professor Ashton suggested 1-2 weeks in between crossing over and the same when reducing. 

Thank you @[Co...] But interestingly enough when I bring up stuff like "i joined benzo buddies" to my doctor/therapist, they basically don't know what I'm talking about. I'll wait a bit and kind of see if she's heard of the "ashton method" either way.... Not really reassuring on that aspect. @[Je...] Do you have an open relationship with your doc or how is it? I'm wondering because it obviously varies person to person. For me when I came clean about the Chinese RC benzos and  "taking an extra mg" for 3-4 days while being on antibiotics that were tearing me up, she was not happy, but fortunately is still willing to take on my case after literally watching me "flush" my 'non prescribed' bars. I'm back to weekly appointments instead of bi-weekly which is ok. But one thing I think Jerry, is no matter what, I'm going to do my best to try to stay 'ahead' of my doc if I can get there, so I'm prepared for whatever gets thrown at me since I'm either at the mercy of her plan (which I have no idea what it will entail still quite yet). I'm scared and, in a place, where I wouldn't know where to go after this one, I'd basically be on my own with my type of case considering the buprenorphine, which I have no interest in dealing with atm. Just the xanax like you. So you did ultimately switch over to diazepam? is that what you did? I don't think my doc, especially where I'm at right now would even go for that.. She has given me the impression of "slow" because she keeps repeating its going to be slow, which is reassuring but again, when I'm dropped, idk what it would be when or how much. I don't want to be in a situation where it's like "whoa that was way too much too quick" type of thing. You know what I mean? When I make my post I guess I'll explain more. But @[Je...] so far what I've done literally today is cut my mid-day dose in half, (.5mg instead of 1mg with pill splitter on score line which means 12.5%. probably a lot but) just to see if I'd notice it. I want to let you know I did for sure. Not horribly bad but noticed it. I may add in .25 back in the "good night" dose, to make that a total of like 6.25% drop instead or may add the whole .5 back in and just try to stabilize at 3mg. I never really "stabilized" per say, so I'm also trying to figure out exactly where this tolerance line is for me this time around, considering I never had a "constant" the whole time until recently... which was a ballpark guess by the doc I suppose. I don't want to take more than I need at this point. I'm past the antibiotics. I do want to know if you did switch over though or if you're going to. I would assume, and I'm going to say assume as in I'm not entirely sure and def not an expert, at this point you wouldn't be able to successfully take Ambien without withdrawal. The 'Z' drugs (Ambien/lunesta) are too closely related to benzos and still bind to gaba receptors. I bet what happened with you is once the xanax was added in, even for that short time, taking that in combination with the Ambien is what started the interdose withdrawals or "kindling/dependency". Idk if it would be possible to just have the ambien at this point now. you would have to figure that out once the taper of the xanax/valium is done. You know what I mean? Your body will tell you. Like its telling me rn, its letting me know 'hey ur missing a lil bit here' I strongly suggest to listen to your body. Take in the advice, listen to the doc, but listen to YOUR body. It will tell you if you took away too much too fast. Or it'll tell you're fine. I'm not sure if it's possible to just do it completely 100% pain free. each and every one of us is different. But from I'm seeing, it looks like you can do it while still being functionable. And that's the key. That's where I'm trying to learn as well. 

10 hours ago, [[C...] said:

@[VI...] What antibiotics do you take?

They had me on amoxicillin/ciprofloxacin 750mg 2x a day for 7 days straight following whatever they had me on for the 3 days in the hospital. Im guessing was somewhat the same + or minus a few while they were trying to figure out what was going on. Without really trying to be thread-jacking, I just had my follow-up today with an actual PC doc. and that went well. he's aware of the whole situation + the benzo/subutex thing. So that's nice to know I got another doctor in the back pocket watching the situation too. I also learned I had to reinstate the full dosage last night that I'm prescribed currently. No surprise since I had been taking actually more like 4-4.5mg for 3,4,5 nights straight. Today I'm on pace for either a 3mg dosage or a 3.5 because I had to take an extra .5 to feel like I could get out and do what I needed to do without feeling too "slow" this morning. SO what I've learned, is it seems like my tolerance level is right around that mark, the 3-3.5mg area  seems to where I function, which is good but needs to be at the prescribed level of 3mg as quickly as possible. I'd like to get ahead of my doc at some point if I could while still following her guide. It seems like while I was in the hospital I have all those extra doses available to use as tools which is about 10mg extra which is good since I'm still chasing 3mg. My current plan I guess is to do a week of 3.5s and 3.0s like 1 night 3.5, next night 3.0 hoping that it averages to 3.25 and then go to 3 from there next week. Idk if that's suitable or not.Please feel free to give me your opinion. I feel good tho because now I have a starting point at least. I still want to know what @[Je...] has as far as updates for us. 

Edited by [VI...]

3 hours ago, [[V...] said:

They had me on amoxicillin/ciprofloxacin 750mg 2x a day for 7 days straight following whatever they had me on for the 3 days in the hospital.

Ah. I wondered if the antibiotic might be a quinolone, which it is. It is not clear from your posts if you are aware, but quinolone antibiotics have the opposite effect upon GABA receptors to benzodiazepines. So it is unsurprising that you experienced problems at the time. I am not suggesting that you should not have taken the antibiotics (they are life-saving medications) - you did what what was best and necessary at the time. But it might be reassuring for you know that the antibiotic was probably behind the symptoms you experienced at the time.

https://www.benzoinfo.com/2017/10/12/hidden-dangers-of-fluoroquinolone-antibiotics-in-the-benzodiazepine-dependent-population/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Ah. I wondered if the antibiotic might be a quinolone, which it is. It is not clear from your posts if you are aware, but quinolone antibiotics have the opposite effect upon GABA receptors to benzodiazepines. So it is unsurprising that you experienced problems at the time. I am not suggesting that you should not have taken the antibiotics (they are life-saving medications) - you did what what was best and necessary at the time. But it might be reassuring for you know that the antibiotic was probably behind the symptoms you experienced at the time.

https://www.benzoinfo.com/2017/10/12/hidden-dangers-of-fluoroquinolone-antibiotics-in-the-benzodiazepine-dependent-population/

Thank you so much for that information. Saved to desktop. It all makes so so so much more sense now, why I felt like I needed more at the time then I do now a few days later. They had to do it because I would have went septic but... once I came out,  my prescribing doc like I said was super mad when I told her the truth. That for a couple days I needed an extra 1-1.5ishmg. I guess sometimes its better to not say anything. I told her I wanted that open book relationship from the start. I almost want to send her this article, but again... maybe Ill just send it to my therapist instead, who is in contact with her, and maybe they can share the info together. Not that it was an excuse for me to do what I was doing but explains why I had a couple nights of 170/135 BP. waking up shaking.... feeling sick and bed-ridden during the day. Luckily it seems like such antibiotics such as cipro have short half-life, so now at this point, it looks like they're basically going to be fully released here soon (if not already. Last antibiotics was Tuesday 10am). Maybe that's why it's been getting a lot easier just dumping from 4-4.5mg back down to 3ishmg. Also literally explains the reason for not having a clue about tolerance level along with the chinese rcs. Literally wouldn't have known. That was a wonderful article and piece of information I'm saving for the future and taking with me to any in person appointments. Unfittingly, it seems like everything is all "telehealth" now as far as addiction specialists goes. I hate that it has headed in that direction. Convenient, maybe. but not for certain situations where it would be better to actually sit across the table from someone instead of being on a screen. 

Edited by [VI...]
  • Like 1

Hello everyone.  My Doc would only go with the 5 mg Valium. Prescription is for 2 weeks. Than prescription for 2mg every 6 hours as needed. The first day when switching to Valium was not that bad. Slight withdrawal symptoms couple times on first day. Second day though had fever symptoms for around 3 hours, but went away rest of day. Little chest discomfort. Little ringing in ears.  Today will be 3rd day. I plan on forcing myself to stay busy, since not at work. I truly believe no matter what method we use to withdrawal off of anything our bodies have become physically addicted to, we are going to experience some withdrawls,  no matter what. I do know that switching to the Valium from the Xanax definitely has removed many of the terrible withdrawl symptoms.  I have anxiety, and I have had Insomnia for years. So removing the Ambien at the same time sounds like suicide. Sleep is extremely important, especially during withdrawal from any drug. I can deal with the Ambien next. You know, 1 year ago I weaned MYSELF off of 40 mg oxycodone and 30 mg hydrocodone daily use after 5 years. And I actually after 2 months stopped the Oxycodone completely and for the next 2 months just used the hydrocodone.  Got myself down to 3 mg a day. And when got to that and stopped had to take maybe 2 mg every few days, than finally stopped. I still had to go through withdrawal symptoms for around 1 1/2  months every now and than. Just not as bad as cold turkey. I remember this weird tingling in legs and other parts of body. Did not know what it was. But one day searching the internet, I found out what it was. My nerves starting to have feeling again. I learned this from a video I stumbled on from Actor Johnny Depp. He  has a 22 minute video out there explaining when he withdrew from over 20 years of opiate use , that he would have these same symptoms,  his Doctors told him to take HOT shower, but don't burn self, for 10 minutes or so, and it would trick you central nervous system to focus on the hot water on skin and would relieve this tingling going on. Well guess what,  it worked. Took away 80% of it. Well, we can all come off of any terrible meds these Pharmaceutical companies have invented. Can be tough though.  But can be done. There are so many drugs out there that do damage to our bodies that it is not even funny. You know, I am 60, and I see the more darn prescriptions a Doctor prescribes is not always good. I mean, think about it, people taking 5,10,15, different meds just sound wrong. All these different chemicals in our bodies just somehow has to have terrible effects on our brain. Well. Hope everyone is well. Have a good day. EVERYONE can and will successfully withdrawl from these TERRIBLE meds. Just listen to success stories. Love you all. Jerry

Edited by [Je...]

Jerry,

Good to hear the valium is helping somewhat. You have a very positive outlook. 👍

@[Je...] said>>>

I truly believe no matter what method we use to withdrawal off of anything our bodies have become physically addicted to, we are going to experience some withdrawls,  no matter what. 

I also believe this to be true. Keep tapering slowly. Slow down as much as you need to but keep going forward. Indeed as been said many times before.....the only way out is through.

Thanks for your reply. Little more intense withdrawal today. On day 3 without Xanax. I must admit that when I was coming off the opiates it was easier to do my micro taper. I had probably 1000 of them on hand. With the 5 mg of Valium the psychiatrist gave me was probably just a little under what I need. And I don't have extra to take a sliver when or if needed. I do have a bunch of Xanax. But I will not touch them. Now I wonder can the Ambien be causing me trouble? I take around 6 mg at bedtime and only sleep 4 hours, so than take around another 3 when wake up to get a couple more hours of sleep, this morning I did not take the other 3. Maybe I should stay on that schedule everyday until off of Valium than after than slowly wean off the Ambien. Thoughts? 

I am outside keeping myself busy, which helps,  but it is little tougher today. Maybe I should talk with psychiatrist Monday about this. 

I am in agreement Jerry about what you said about trying to stay on schedule until you are ready to taper the Ambien. Our bodies get used to certain things, adapt, and like consistency.

Thanks for your reply. Can a few mg of Ambien take away a benzo withdrawal? Anybody know? Or would just a sliver, like HALF of a .125 of Xanax be ok?  just enough to remove severe withdrawal? Can't touch my next dose (5) mg of Valium until 9 pm. Thanks. Not trying to dump out my pity pot, but I am a 60 year old concrete worker that has had 10 different surgeries. Both ankles, both shoulders, right knee, 4 hernia surgeries, septoplasty surgery. Several broken bones, and in past 3 months found out I have spinal stenosis in neck, moderate to severe C3C4C5C6And C7. With mild scoliosis in middle of back, and new MRI of lower back with L2L3L4L5and S1 all have mild to moderate bulging disc and L456 have ferimornal stenosis, and S1 L5and L4 have arthritis. And groin hernia I had 5 months ago is now having nerve pain, and to top it all off when twisted bad 2 months ago I know also have some sort of neuropathy if feet. BURNING Teribly. While going through all this. Boy the burning feetvis the worst of anything I have ever had, know it can't be fixed. Wow. 

Edited by [Je...]