Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Depression

[Bl...]

Hi all, Im nearly 8months off and things are changing but not sure if for the better. 

I used to get extreme exaggerated morning anxiety after breakfast, really awful, it eventually went away . But now in the morning I seem to just be getting depression instead. It's great to be able to lay in again as I couldn't do that for so long as my thoughts and agitation would get me up.. But this depression is soul destroying. I know it is due to hypothyroidism but can't get on an even tiny dose of thyroid med. Do you think this is another phase in the journey. Worried I won't heal as I can't get on thyroid meds and because I am taking 60 Clomiprimine ( though now beginning a very slow taper) . 

Hello @[Bl...] - I'm sorry you're coping with depression.  As you probably know, it isn't unusual to have rough withdrawal symptoms at 8 months off.  It's also not unusual for symptoms to come and go, with new ones cropping up out of nowhere with no rhyme or reason.  I think I saw in an earlier post of yours that you experienced more intense symptoms when you tried to get started on a compounded thyroid med.  When was that?  I'm wondering if it might be worth trying it again.  You may have a different response to the med now that you're further along since you jumped.  What do you think?

Thanks so much for your reply, for taking the time to respond. Much appreciated. The depression comes and goes, waxes and wanes but when Im down it seems I've never been better and never will be. Im Afraid to try and start the T3 again, even though it's a very small dose, but will give it a go when Im a little less shaky.

Sounds like a good plan @[Bl...].  I'm sorry - depression in withdrawal is the pits.  The feeling that you've never felt good and never will are the hallmark of benzo  withdrawal.  I hope you get some long periods of relief soon.

• Like 2