Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Lidocaine and Epinephrine

[kl...]

I had to have two moles removed on Friday and they used lidocaine and epinephrine. I have never experienced panic attacks yet but I am getting extreme pain along with heart palpitations. Has anyone had similar experience and if so how long did it last? I’m also struggling as I went to a naturopath who gave me several supplements saying it would help my taper I tried them for a day and quit as they seemed to be aggravating my symptoms. 

Edited by [kl...]
Typo

Hello @[kl...],

Many people have a negative reaction to epinephrine. I have always been sensitive to it, even before benzos. It does cause severe heart palpitations for me as well as terrible headaches. It’s listed as an allergy in my chart and I have all dental work done without it. I’ve had no issues with lidocaine. 

Supplements are tricky, some people find some of them helpful while others react quite badly. I really didn’t take any during my recovery until I tested very low in vitamin D. When I added this vitamin I started slow and titrated up.

I hope you are feeling better today. The effects of epi usually wear off for me within a day,

Thanks. Been itching quite a bit and not sleeping great. Not sure if it’s the lidocaine or just typical symptom of withdrawal. Appreciate your response good to know it should be relatively short lived reaction.

Sorry @[kl...], I’m guessing there’s a typo in your post. Did you mean two of your teeth extracted?

Keep in mind that all that wrenching and pulling is a trauma in itself, so it could also be an uptick in symptoms from the trauma alone. Having two or three teeth removed in the one sitting certainly intensified symptoms for a week or more for me. 

• 8 months later...
[Pa...]

I am dealing with this now for the last two weeks. Kinda miserable.