Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Desperate for reassurance. Is this normal

[Lo...]

I've posted several times on here about my brain symptoms.  I'm getting really scared and desperate as time marches on and the symptoms keep intensifying.  Please if anyone else is dealing with this or has dealt with this let me know it is normal in withdrawal.  I'm nearly a year post CT.  I wake up every morning with my brain vibrating.  Throuout the day the sensations change and move around my brain.  I get intense pressure, vibrating, shaking, fizzing, tingling.  This is all day, every day.  Please tell me if this is normal.  Scared and desperate 😪

Hi @[Lo...]

I'm so sorry for what you're experiencing. This does sound scary. I see a few people have viewed your post and not responded and my guess is, because they have not experienced what you're describing. I have not experienced your exact symptoms, but I HAVE experienced the 'vibrating' brain many years ago when I was drinking heavily while also on an SSRI. (Experienced when in a sort of WD).

Have you talked with your Dr about this by any chance? I hope others chime in also with their experience. 

31 minutes ago, [[i...] said:

Hi @[Lo...]

I'm so sorry for what you're experiencing. This does sound scary. I see a few people have viewed your post and not responded and my guess is, because they have not experienced what you're describing. I have not experienced your exact symptoms, but I HAVE experienced the 'vibrating' brain many years ago when I was drinking heavily while also on an SSRI. (Experienced when in a sort of WD).

Have you talked with your Dr about this by any chance? I hope others chime in also with their experience. 

@[ia...]Thank you so much for your reply.  Yes I have been to my Dr and have had MRI scan - all normal. I mean I'm pretty sure this is all WD symptoms but I'm just so worried as they have been so relentless for nearly a year.  I know other people get these symptoms - it just doesnt seem to be as intense and constant as mine.  Not that I want anyone to be suffering like this - but just would be reassuring knowing I'm not the only one 😪  I hope you are healing on your journey 💗

• Like 1

It all sounds familiar and normal for WD, @[Lo...].

Keep reminding yourself that you are in a constant forward healing motion and that all these symptoms will eventually resolve in time. 

Hi Loulouanne, 

I had this symptom during the last year of my taper. It was quite bizarre and unpleasant. My vibrations happened in my entire body, head to toe. I used to try and dance it out. I have no idea if the dancing really helped. (My Benzo was Xanax...for whatever that is worth.)

I hope YOU are feeling better. I think one day you will wake up and the vibrating will be gone.

Best, LollyDoodle

• Like 3

Yes I have had this for 14 months now.  I ct Aug 1 2022 clonz 11 years.  This is the topic I most search for.  This is a horrible feeling, but from everything I read it is common.  It started for me in my stomach like a pulsating then moved to my head.  I had ultrasound of aorta nothing, cts of my abdomen and brain also mri (brain)  lots of blood work and heart workup and nothing.  I feel like Im plugged in to a electrical socket I have lots of ringing in ears too..  I hate this.  I pray we heal soon.

• Like 1

My "head" symptoms are the worst for me too.  I feel intense pressure in my head and neck. I stopped Xanax pretty much cold turkey about 1 year ago, after taking for about 13 years. Initially the head pressure/buzzing was so bad that I could not even lean my head forward without feeling like my head would would explode. It lead to CT's/MRI's, that found only an incidental small benign meningioma, which they said would not be causing my symptoms. I had vertigo and dizziness so bad that I couldn't sit up. This lasted for about 3 days and thankfully resolved.  The head symptoms have gotten better, however are always looming in the background. Ear ringing/buzzing and tinnitus too.  I bounce back and forth between the head symptoms and benzo belly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[T...] said:

My "head" symptoms are the worst for me too.  I feel intense pressure in my head and neck. I stopped Xanax pretty much cold turkey about 1 year ago, after taking for about 13 years. Initially the head pressure/buzzing was so bad that I could not even lean my head forward without feeling like my head would would explode. It lead to CT's/MRI's, that found only an incidental small benign meningioma, which they said would not be causing my symptoms. I had vertigo and dizziness so bad that I couldn't sit up. This lasted for about 3 days and thankfully resolved.  The head symptoms have gotten better, however are always looming in the background. Ear ringing/buzzing and tinnitus too.  I bounce back and forth between the head symptoms and benzo belly

Hello @[Th...], welcome to BenzoBuddies, I’m happy to hear some of your symptoms have resolved, it takes too long to recover from these medications, but it can happen, I’m proof of that.

Please make yourself at home, we’re glad you found us.

Pamster

4 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Hi dazy what millagrams were you on when you c/t I'm on ,,1mg of clonazapam for 7years I havnt started my taper yet as I'm withdrawing from pregablin I'm getting headaches can't function and my eyes and face have swollen and bloodshot 

Hope you doing relief soon I find weak bags around my neck helps❣️🙏

I was on .5am and .5pm. If I would of known more about this drug I would of never ct I would have found a dr to water taper.  I feel like I did everything wrong I am on several supplements yet.  I went to a holistic dr in the middle of this and she put me on even more.  I managed to taper off some but very much still on other. This was all when I didn't know about what I was going through.  I lost my hair last year from all this.  Was a bad year.  Still on Mg Malate Mg Glycinate, and LDN.  I do want to say because I think its important that somethings did get better like my dizziness numbness in hands and face.  I can think a lot clearer more than I have in sooo many years.  I am able to walk with lots of energy 4 miles a day, I started out very small 2 blocks.  I pray you feel better soon:)

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/10/2023 at 15:10, [[m...] said:

Hi dazy what millagrams were you on when you c/t I'm on ,,1mg of clonazapam for 7years I havnt started my taper yet as I'm withdrawing from pregablin I'm getting headaches can't function and my eyes and face have swollen and bloodshot 

so sorry I didn't see this sooner just getting used to notifications. I was on 1 mg clonz.  In the early days of my ct I remember getting swollen bloodshot eyes I was on warfin and went to dr and they would just say you must of bumped your eye.  I also went off of warfin last November I mean when I do things, they are big... (this was dumb don't be like me) I feel so glad I found this group, wasn't till 6 months after would of saved me from lots of panic full days.  You will do good find a good taper plan.  Prayers for speedy recovery so we can all have a beautiful life.  We will come out stronger.  God Bless!

On 15/10/2023 at 15:58, [[L...] said:

I've posted several times on here about my brain symptoms.  I'm getting really scared and desperate as time marches on and the symptoms keep intensifying.  Please if anyone else is dealing with this or has dealt with this let me know it is normal in withdrawal.  I'm nearly a year post CT.  I wake up every morning with my brain vibrating.  Throuout the day the sensations change and move around my brain.  I get intense pressure, vibrating, shaking, fizzing, tingling.  This is all day, every day.  Please tell me if this is normal.  Scared and desperate 😪

I still have this its just not as intense.  I am not 15 months post ct clonz.  I felt as if my spinal cord was vibrating (middle of the night would be worse)  Tapping sometimes would help.  I try and think about it as I am healing its reconnecting.  I know its hard but your not alone.  

3 hours ago, [[L...] said:

@[...] do you have the vibrations etc. In the brain? 

yes it would be bad in the middle of the night.  The ear ringing would be bad too.  I still have but it much much less.

I have these symptoms 24/7. It feels like my brain is  moving around, vibration,  pressure, boaty feeling, etc. It's relentless and never changes.

49 minutes ago, [[T...] said:

About 9 months. 

@[Te...]I'm so sorry.  Let's hope it is all signs of intense healing taking place. I think I could cope better if it was anywhere else other than in my head 😓

• 1 month later...
On 16/10/2023 at 00:58, [[L...] said:

I have the same and also in my upper body I feel same sensations 

its electricity, hollow feeling, moving feeling magnets pulling and makes me pass out sometimes . 

• 2 weeks later...

I get this too but it starts st the back of my head and sometimes stays there but more often it goes down into my back and then into my legs. For me it’s a purely physical feeling like deep pressure and steady buzz going down my head and trying to move me or shake me or whatever. I don’t get terror with this. 

I've had the sensations of my brain vibrating, spinning and grinding against my skull for almost 4 years since I finished my taper with no improvements and actually worse every month. I also hear loud hissing, screeching and musical notes 24/7 and I have strong energy force moving inside me like a wave rolling around knocking me off balance. I'm pretty much bedbound. I remain hopeful that this will all subside and disappear in time. Please don't compare your timeline to mine. I'm just replying to reassure you that the brain vibrations are a symptom of benzodiazepine-induced neurological dysfunction. I too feel I could cope a lot better if the vibrations were confined to other parts of my body and not so severe in my head. 

• 1 month later...
On 18/10/2023 at 18:10, [[m...] said:

Mermaid,

So sorry you are on both K and Pregab, and are having a difficult time. How far are you in your taper?

I am on pregabalin too, have been tapering K first. Now wish I had started pregabalin. All the brand changes with pregabalin are torpedoing my K taper. My K taper has been more manageable that the pregabalin brand changes which have sent me into wd on both meds now. 

Wishing you, and everyone here, better days ahead.

All-I do get vibrating every day, all day. 

Edited by [Pa...]