Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Finding it hard to adapt…

[ca...]

Idk…I come back on here after a longggg while and I’m even finding it hard to adapt to this new format.  I haven’t fully recovered and have moved onto other health concerns and issues.  It feels like i’m trapped in two worlds. One i knew and one I have to get use to.  Like being here on this site.  We are always clinging onto some normalcy aren’t we??  Not sure where it’s appropriate to post and it overwhelming to find the answers.  It’ll take me a while to find my footing but it feels good to connect again.  I hope everyone is finding some light in their situations!

Edited by [ca...]

Hi @[ca...] welcome back! What is normal ? 😆 Sometimes I wonder if I will ever feel sane again, then a few hours later I will feel very hopeful. Oh, the constant whip lash withdrawals brings me 😩. I am so glad you are posting. I am here to say hello and welcome back. Sometimes it can get a little overwhelming and lonely going through this process. I hope I can bring you any sense of hope that we are all going through this, even if we are alone in our rooms typing on a forum. 

Edited by [Am...]
Spelling

I guess we can say normalcy is at home typing on this forum :2funny: At this point, it feels like coming home here yet it is ironic because this is where excruciating suffering has been documented.  I know some cannot relate to what I am saying because it hasnt been long enough and it’s still very fresh.  For me, and most likely for many here, to be in it for this long feels like ive been in a “inbetween”.  Not living but not dead.  Not really changing yet the world around us is changing.  This is the most bizarre life experience.  I can only imagine looking back in my 80’s and going “well…..that happened” haha.  I’m sure my wardrobe is still stuck in the early 2000’s because this is how much this sh*t has overtaken life.  At one point before the pandemic hit, i thought i had a grip on things and was tinkering with the idea of dipping my toe into the outside world, and then the world shut down.  For good reason!  And then other health issues started packing on for me and lockdown just became a way of life.  Oh well…back to the drawing board again and waiting this period out.  Thanks for replying @[Am...]!  It feels good to reach out and not bottle it all inside me.

• Like 1

I just realized that neither my signature or benzo withdrawal day tracker are present/visible on this new format!  Just incase anyone is wondering, i’m almost 10 years off.

2 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Idk…I come back on here after a longggg while and I’m even finding it hard to adapt to this new format.  I haven’t fully recovered and have moved onto other health concerns and issues.  It feels like i’m trapped in two worlds. One i knew and one I have to get use to.  Like being here on this site.  We are always clinging onto some normalcy aren’t we??  Not sure where it’s appropriate to post and it overwhelming to find the answers.  It’ll take me a while to find my footing but it feels good to connect again.  I hope everyone is finding some light in their situations!

Hello @[ca...], welcome back! 

We are all still learning to navigate the new platform, but the change was necessary in order for BB to continue providing support for those going through withdrawal and recovery.

Yes, some of us old folks are like old dogs, it’s hard to teach us new tricks. However, we are resilient and will adapt to change. I don’t think change is bad, in fact, learning new things is important for people in my ‘age’ group. 

Let us know how we can support you, I see you are not recovered yet and dealing with some health issues. 

pianogirl :smitten:

38 minutes ago, [[p...] said:

Hello @[ca...], welcome back! 

We are all still learning to navigate the new platform, but the change was necessary in order for BB to continue providing support for those going through withdrawal and recovery.

Yes, some of us old folks are like old dogs, it’s hard to teach us new tricks. However, we are resilient and will adapt to change. I don’t think change is bad, in fact, learning new things is important for people in my ‘age’ group. 

Let us know how we can support you, I see you are not recovered yet and dealing with some health issues. 

pianogirl :smitten:

I am all for the changes that needed to be made to reach those suffering.  It’s just me who’s not willing to change lol. Though I am loving the chat feature.  I wish it was around when I was deep in acute.  How I asked that question many times, “why isn’t there a chat?”  Now it’s a reality!  I continue to be derailed with other health issues.  Obvsly it all stems from the wreck of a body Benzo withdrawals left behind.  At one point benzo withdrawals was all i had to fend off and I got good at it.  But no, it wasn’t enough.  Universe thought it would be funny to add other issues on top of the nightmare.  At one point I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry at the absurdity of it all.  Almost didn’t make it but i’m here now.  And that’s all that counts. :smitten:

• Like 1

Hello @[ca...]  - I think many of us have been struggling to adapt to the new platform. Change is hard under the best of circumstances but learning new things when you're coping with benzo withdrawal is doubly hard.  The first weeks (okay, months!) after we moved to this platform I wondered if I would every be comfortable navigating it but it's starting to come together & I'm getting the hang of it.  I think the same will happen for you.  It's frustrating and it takes time but I think you will get used to it and start to see how it is an improvement over the old site.  Hang in there!

On 14/10/2023 at 19:18, [[c...] said:

I am all for the changes that needed to be made to reach those suffering.  It’s just me who’s not willing to change lol. Though I am loving the chat feature.  I wish it was around when I was deep in acute.  How I asked that question many times, “why isn’t there a chat?”  Now it’s a reality!  I continue to be derailed with other health issues.  Obvsly it all stems from the wreck of a body Benzo withdrawals left behind.  At one point benzo withdrawals was all i had to fend off and I got good at it.  But no, it wasn’t enough.  Universe thought it would be funny to add other issues on top of the nightmare.  At one point I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry at the absurdity of it all.  Almost didn’t make it but i’m here now.  And that’s all that counts. :smitten:

Welcome back Castillo I'm a newbie so just getting my bearings glad you made it 🙏

Hi @[Br...] and @[me...]!!! Its been a rough week.  @[Br...] months is right!  But i’m getting the hang of it again.  It’s just lost a bit of that “home” feeling.  This was my safe place for so long but perhaps it’s a sign that change is about to happen!  A good omen.  @[me...] I hope this is a comfortable space for you.  It has literally been a life line for me.  Man, day and night..this place never left my side.