Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Switching brands

[Ma...]

My physician recommended switching to .25 mg Clonazepam tablets.  I’m down to 0.4 mg from 1.0 mg and it’s still pretty easy to get an accurate dose with my scale right now.  I do think it’s gonna be hard when I get to really low doses.  My goal jump dose is .05 mg which has a weight of .008 on my scale.  That’s hard to measure accurately.  I’m really leery about switching brands though.  I have about 90 1mg pills which is probably enough to finish my taper with over the next 4-5 months.  What are peoples experiences with switching brands while tapering?

• 2 weeks later...

Not good. At all. Totally destabilized me and four months later I’m not right. It really really messed me up. Felt like a different drug and totally sensitized my cns. I will never switch brands again if k can help it n

@[Ma...], I’ve heard good things about the .25 mg ODT tablets, they also come in .125 mg.  I’m not sure if crossing over to an orally disintegrating tablet would be difficult for you, as  @[mi...] mentioned, sometimes it can be, we never know who will be affected negatively. 

@[Ma...] Everyone reacts differently to medications, so it's hard to say. It looks like @[mi...] had a bad experience, but I didn't, so we never know for sure what might happen.  I started my taper with the TEVA 0.5 mg tablets and then switched to the 0.25 mg PAR ODTs, and then to the 0.125 mg PAR ODTs, and they worked well for me. I dry cut all the way down and jumped at 0.03125 mg this Sunday past. So, there is another data point for consideration! (The ODTs are really easy to dry cut - at least I found them to be so - they are softer than the TEVA 0.5 mg tablets were and don't end up as a pile of crumbs.)

Do whatever feels right for you!

• Like 2

Glad you were able to jump! That sounds great.  I’m actually going to start a water taper this weekend i think because the cuts are getting a little harder at this point. Will see how it goes for a couple weeks at least. 

3 minutes ago, [[M...] said:

Glad you were able to jump! That sounds great.  I’m actually going to start a water taper this weekend i think because the cuts are getting a little harder at this point. Will see how it goes for a couple weeks at least. 

Thank you! I hope your water taper goes well! And you absolutely have to do what feels right for you! That's one thing that I love about BB is that there are so many different experiences and options, really. If one method doesn't work, there are others to try!