Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Need help with micro taper

[Su...]

@[Fa...] thank you so much. Can I ask why some people taper super slowly and very low to below .5 and still have an increase in sx when they stop? 

At church today my pastor spoke a word to us that was VERY specific and just shows how good God is. He talked about mental health, he said there is an important difference between, your truth, their truth and THE TRUTH. The truth, the Word of God has to be our compass. The Word of God is that we ARE healed- and I am currently in the wilderness being brought into the promised land. I’m pretty sure you mentioned earlier in the thread or somewhere that you are a believer and you user name suggests the same so I thought I would share. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, well today has been hard. About two months ago with my last drop from 1mg to .5 to .3.. long story but anyway the drop was too much experienced horrible sx. My psych told me to hold at .3 of liquid V and she also told me she was leaving the clinic where I saw her to open her own practice, but that she would send in refills and that I could also see her NP until I could see her in her new practice. I was supposed to be seeing her NP tomorrow, they called me today and said that her NP would not be seeing me and that I would need to go to an intensive outpatient program to finish my taper?!?? So I have roughly 40 days of liquid Valium 5mg/5ml 1:1 ratio and I need to taper from .3 Please someone help me to know how to do this without going into insane acute withdrawal. Please someone give me hope. 

Hello, @[Su...].  I’ve copied your post to your second taper strategies thread above so we’ll have all of your information in one place.  

I’m sorry you find yourself in this situation.

Have you started to look for another prescriber in case you need to slow down your taper?   

Exactly how many milliliters of the liquid do you have left?   To determine this, look on the label of the bottle the liquid was dispensed in.  It should state the number milliliters dispensed (ignore any graduation marks on the side of the bottle, these are inaccurate).  Next, look in your daily taper log and add up the total number of milliliters you’ve ingested each day since you started using this bottle of liquid.  Then subtract the total number of milliliters ingested from the total number of milliliters on the label. 

Do you have any tablets?  If so, what strength are they (e.g. 2mg, 5mg) and how many do you have?

@[Li...] thank you for your reply, so I am going to try to figure this out with you. The pharmacy gave me liquid cups? They said that’s all they had. The cups hold 5ml and I have two unopened- so 10ml unopened. I emptied one of the 5ml cups into my bottle four days ago so I think I have 3.8 ml left if my math is correct taking away .3 each day. So in total I have 13.8 ml left. I am going to see my GP tomorrow and I’m hoping I can explain this to him and hopefully he will help. 

Edited by [Su...]

On 22/10/2023 at 21:45, [[S...] said:

@[Fa...] thank you so much. Can I ask why some people taper super slowly and very low to below .5 and still have an increase in sx when they stop? 

At church today my pastor spoke a word to us that was VERY specific and just shows how good God is. He talked about mental health, he said there is an important difference between, your truth, their truth and THE TRUTH. The truth, the Word of God has to be our compass. The Word of God is that we ARE healed- and I am currently in the wilderness being brought into the promised land. I’m pretty sure you mentioned earlier in the thread or somewhere that you are a believer and you user name suggests the same so I thought I would share. 

Hi I was just thinking the same thing faith and Goodwill give us strength.love support thankyou🙏

• Love 1

You’re welcome @[Su...].  This is the first time I’ve heard of liquid diazepam being dispensed in cups.

Your math looks correct to me - well done!

You are also correct that 13.8mL would be enough for 46 days at 0.3mL a day (13.8 divided by 0.3 = 46).  But when you begin making reductions, it will last longer.  However, let’s cross that bridge if/when you come to it.

That’s great you’re talking to your GP tomorrow.  Please let us know how it goes.

Hi, @[Su...].  I don’t have long this evening and believe @[Li...] may be away until tomorrow afternoon.

If it were me, I would just tell him that you had been attempting to stabilize at .3mg/mL after a series of larger cuts had destabilized you.  Once you felt stabilized, your plan was to slowly reduce your dose allowing your body and symptoms to guide you. 

@[Li...] outlined one example earlier in thread - reducing by .01mg/mL per day for 5 days and hold for 2 weeks.  Also, you may consider using a .5mL oral syringe for the home stretch if you are not already doing so.  I am optimistic he will continue your prescription for you so try not to overly worry yourself prior to the appointment.

• 4 months later...
[re...]

I have a theory at LOW doses like under 2mg. That it definitely is not doing much anymore, but the brain NEEDS it. That said. You held at 1mg for 3 months due to your eye condition which I completely understand. But to me what I really think is that your brain said "ok this is my new dose" To me no different than if you were on say .5 of K for your normal therapeutic dose then went down to .35 or even .25. This is massive because the normal everyday dose was .5. I think even at low doses after a long hold which I am not a big fan of, but understand the need sometimes. You  need to now crawl down because that ultra small dose of 1mg of Valium is what you are used to and what your brain becomes the new dose it is used to.  And a cut to .5 after holding for so long I think still shocks the brain. It's not your fault, but I think after your long hold on 1mg your psych should of micro tapered you for say 100 days (.01/day) give or take until off with small holds of 2-4 days if needed. Hopefully other people will learn from our mistakes as well as us and heal better.