Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Internal burning - help

[Wi...]

What the heck is with this internal deep burning?! It’s one of the most horrible symptoms ever, if not the worst. It feels like everything is electric and on fire kind of in the background but it breaks through and torments me. I don’t know what burns, it’s like it’s my soul or all nerves. I feel paralysed, moving will make it shoot more burning into the limb I am moving. When it hits it’s like I am in another dimension, my body doesn’t feel normal, this weird sensation permeates all my cells. Like my CNS is on fire. Acid in veins and I can feel it even in my brain. Hard to describe the sensation. It’s not a common symptom it seems, it’s not like skin burning, which I have had but haven’t experienced for a while. Luckily it’s not there all the time but visits every couple of days. Today it’s unbearable. Soooo sick and toxic. I know that from that stinging will develop soon but when stinging hits the burning dissipates and I will lose this sensation for a while, just like these sensations cannot coexist. But I’d rather take the stinging to be honest. It sucks too but it’s not that deep. When that burning crap hits it’s my worst days, I feel hopeless.

Anyone knows this symptom or has healed from it/has seen anyone heal from it? Is there even a change of that going away ever? It’s terrifying. Why is it so bad now I don’t know. It began that severely after antibiotic setback last year, but over time got so so so much worse. 

Edited by [Wi...]

I have experienced this and continue to daily. For me,  the "internal burning" sensation you describe is followed by that same region going "dead" as if the muscles no longer work.  Any part of my body i overuse ends up this way and it takes a day or two to "recover. " It is most common in my forearms, but I have also had in my shoulders and legs.

One of the things I have learned on this forum is we all are experiencing the same symptoms,  but how we may perceive them is different. I know my face "burning" sensation feels cold like peppermint in my mouth at times.

I can't tell you what it is, but I can tell you I experienced the burning.

I felt the cortisol course through my veins in the morning while in acute.

I had a few days when my stomach area felt like there was a propane  touch burning. ( I was in bed just sipping water and sleeping for 3 days.) I was still mentally disabled at the time. I don't know if I could handle that symptom today....

The other thing later was it felt like a little engine running in my stomach area. That is what they call akithasia. The inside of my arms would sorta burn sometimes along side of that symptom.Those faded in time.

Again , I can't explain,but I can testify it goes away.

Best of luck to you,

I guess that it is a form of autoimmune inflammatory reaction, i had jt, i deal with spinal cord pain as my spine and nerves brusted from neuroinflamattion and chronic inflammatory immune response from benzos

1 minute ago, [[D...] said:

I guess that it is a form of autoimmune inflammatory reaction, i had jt, i deal with spinal cord pain as my spine and nerves brusted from neuroinflamattion and chronic inflammatory immune response from benzos

Hello Denizthekid retrieval, welcome back. 

• Like 1

Hey decatur, happy to be welcomed

Im trying to recover my old account, im not good (due to a setback from something) but still going and not terrific given that i am in a setback, how about you? Can you dm please? Thanks mate

• Like 1

I don’t know if it’s the same, I often see skin burning here but I have seen only a few people mention the inner burn acid in veins. It feels like all my nerves have a changed threshold and I can feel them. It doesn’t feel like cortisol, I know that feeling and it doesn’t seem to be that. It’s not constant but comes and goes but it has been getting more and more frequent in the last 2 months which scares the shit out of me. The last week was terrible. Why are all meds affecting me this way?! It’s like something wrecked me. My last psych meds were in Feb 2021. And yet other meds that I needed later on destroyed me. The last thing I took was at the end of May. And within a month I started slipping into darkness again.

Edited by [Wi...]