Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Valium Taper Advise Needed

[in...]

I know I tapered too fast from 8.0mgs Valium to 6.0mgs in 54days.  Most days I did a linear water titration reduction of 0.04mgs Valium. I took (3) 2.0mg Valium pills and did water titration on the 4th pill.    I seemed to be improving somewhat as I went so I thought the rate of taper was ok but in the last week or two I became much more symptomatic but I kept pushing on through because I wanted so bad to get to 6.0 mgs and hold at (3) 2.0mg pills. 

I have held at 6.0mgs for 9 days now and planned on holding a few weeks here until I stabilized.  I’m having such a hard time with increased symptoms of nausea and queasiness alternating with burning or sensitive skin all over.  Most times I am pretty miserable.  I know I tapered toooo fast and will go slower.

How long do you think it will take to stabilize given Valium ‘s long half life?  I know updosing is useless usually.  Once I stabilize I guess I’ll try reducing by 0.02 mgs per day for a couple of weeks and stop and hold a couple of weeks to equalize.  I feel so stupid for making the mistake of tapering too fast!  I thought I was listening to my symptoms but obviously misjudged.

I would love to hear from someone who had experience stabilizing on Valium …I need something give me some hopefulness!

Thanks!

👨🏻‍🦳

Edited by [in...]

I don’t have Valium experience but I’ve read a lot of posts, if I were you, I’d hold for at least 3 weeks.  Valium is great because its so much smoother but that long half life can be a problem too, allowing for that is key.  I’ve seen too many members get hurt by the delay of symptoms between reductions, after a time, the reductions and the symptoms seem to pile up.

I understand the importance of making it to a milestone so don’t beat yourself up, just take the win and hold for a bit to allow your body a brief respite so you can get back to business. 

• Like 1