Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Pvcs

[Th...]

I'm 6 months & 13 days off Klonopin and still feel like I'm in early withdrawal smh my physical symptoms are horrible 😫 but I can deal with most of it except the constant pvcs . Instantly when I wake up they start firing off throughout the day . It's doesn't matter  if I'm walking around, sitting or laying down they just keep happening.. up to 3k a day some days 😔 I just can't believe this is from benzos anymore and this has been going on since tolerance..  I've tried beta blockers and CCBs.. nothing helps 😕 I'm worried I might have to be put on flacinide as I can't keep dealing with them . All felt . 

My other symptoms are pots,strange menthol feeling in arms and shoulders,bleeding gums,tmj,histimine issues,tinnitus,vision problems,post nasal drip,constant saliva buildup,constant swallowing,stomach disturbances,slow emptying,fragmented sleep,fatigue,bracardia,tachycardia,hbp,life review,Intrusive thinking and anxiety.. oh and my head feels like it's in  a vice since I stopped the k .. everyday is a nightmare with no windows.. 

3 years on k 
Alcohol abuse for decades (quit in December)
Quit k in March ..

I remember those days.

The pvcs and tach went away for me. I'd say around 8 months off I stopped having heart anxiety and not noticing any pvcs.

But my heart still pounds with very little walking. Very disconcerting when trying to regain strength..

Windows at 10 months but was on k for 30y.

Best wishes

• Like 1

Hello @[Th...] - I'm sorry you're having such rough symptoms after quitting Klonopin and before that, alcohol.  At 6 months out your nervous system has been undergoing a lot of healing behind the scenes.  But unfortunately at 6 months out it's also not unusual to experience intense withdrawal symptoms.  I see from you earlier post (in May I think) that you jumped from .25mg.  That's a pretty high dose to jump from - it's not surprising that you're feeling a lot of symptoms as your system tries to readjust.  Palpitations are a really disturbing symptom and also very common - I had this too. They eased up over time although in all honesty I had them a bit before benzo withdrawal and still get them at times.   I'm really sorry beta blockers haven't worked for you.  I imagine you've been checked out medically and hopefully got reassurance that has helped you.  If you've been given reassurance I think it may be helpful, though easier said than done, to try to find ways to distract yourself from your symptoms. I understand how withdrawal symptoms demand all your attention bit it doesn't help your to focus on them; it really only adds to your stress.  It can also help to remind yourself that these symptoms are temporary.  They tend to fade gradually as you heal.  I found gentle exercise like a walk in my neighborhood or a nearby park helped smooth things out when my symptoms felt revved up.  Have you found anything like this to be helpful?

• Like 1

Yes I got all kinds of tests done everything is good except alot of pvcs and not so many pacs . Got an echo,blood tests,multiple ekgs,chest xrays and all that jazz . I do atleast 10k steps a day and eat a clean diet  I'm not taking anything not even supplements.. I really try to distract myself but these things hit hard smh and are constant 😪 I'd really be able to get through this alot better with everything else and not these damn things ugh 🙁 thanks for thee reply yall means alot 🙏