Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

I need a break

[Sc...]

Break from this torture 24*7.

I feel so helpless. I don't know if my stomach has any serious trouble. My organs r affected. I can't sleep. Help

My stomach/intestines were my biggest symptom while in acute.

I even had a burning sensation right below the ribs,and burning diahria for a fews days.

It goes away. I was eating normal by six months.

• Like 1

I feel this post  in my bones. We just want a break.

Remember, this is only temporary. I started taking probiotics about 3 months of being completely off my medication. I am 8 months almost 9 months off. I had the worst stomach issues when I first started withdrawals. I believe they call it Benzo Belly. I use to fixate on any pain I felt and it grew in my mind(and into believing it was something else). After talking probiotics, I am pretty regular now. I do work at eating healthy and staying away from things that may agitate my stomach.  I hope this gives you some relief. 

In the years before getting off.I tried probiotics and supplements.

When I finally jumped I didn't take anything. Acute lasted 5 months and I got better ever since. 

Hit a wave at 11 and coming out again. But my mind is much clearer and the only major symptoms left are, weakness, some headache, and very out of shape.

Best wishes for your recovery.

Thank you all. I'm out of acute and I'm 14 months off benzos. But severe insomnia, chemical anxiety and depression, gi issues, and most important emotional numbness a feeling of dead brain are my major symptoms. There is no end in sight for me. I tapered for 15 months. 

5 minutes ago, [[S...] said:

Thank you all. I'm out of acute and I'm 14 months off benzos. But severe insomnia, chemical anxiety and depression, gi issues, and most important emotional numbness a feeling of dead brain are my major symptoms. There is no end in sight for me. I tapered for 15 months. 

Everyone is different. There is an ending to this madness. Have you gone in for a check up with your primary care physician? This may ease some of your worry with the stomach issues. However, bentos do create an imbalance of many things in our system. Including our gut flora. If we do not replenish the good bacteria in our bodies, everything seems to be effected. 

Just remember that you will be okay.  however, peace of mind was always found for me after checking in with a doctor.