Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Do we have a page about what medicines, supplements are bad with benzos?

[W2...]

Hi,

I use pages like webmd to identify what medicines, supplements are bad with my clonazepam tapering, but info may not be accurate.
For example there is no interaction between clonazepam and calcium based on these pages, but I usually feel bad when I'm taking them together. For other people same with vitamin D.

Do we have a page about what medicines, supplements are bad with benzos?
Actually I'd like to be sure about I can take clonazepam with omega 3, vitamin C, vitamin D3, and Zinc.

Thank you vm for any replies.

1 hour ago, [[R...] said:

Hello @[W2...],

I think you should really be careful. Here's a useful link https://www.benzoinfo.com/medications-and-supplements/

I am not tapering anymore (sadly...), spent loads of money on supplements again for nothing. 

If you decide to try something, read a lot before and begin at a really low dose. 

Same with me....I tried a few supplements to no avail. Did not help nor hurt me IMO. I just wasted a little bit of money and some time and energy. Good luck tho and I hope you find something that might help you. Also like @[Re...] said, if you decide to try, I would start at a much lower than the recommended daily dose on the bottle/container. Good luck! Please return and share if you do discover anything that helps you.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Hello @[W2...] We don't have a page like that.  From what we see here, t medications and supplements that are helpful for one person may cause problems for another.

The Benzodiazepene Information Coalition has a page: https://www.benzoinfo.com/medications-and-supplements/

The Benzo Info list is so helpful. Discovered it the other day, just in time because my son was told to drink a bottle of magnesium citrate , but magnesium should be avoided.

• Like 1

Thank you vm for replies and useful info!

I've Covid like illnes with mostly lung problems, only I'd like to take these supplements for short term to evade antibiotics (many interacts), not for my clonazepam tapering: omega 3, vitamin C, vitamin D3, and Zinc

Most databases say no interaction, only benzoinfo webpage says vitamin D, but not which type. I searched on CYP3A4 enzyme as clonazepam uses that, higher dose of omaga 3 and vitamin c can effect, zinc may effect, and seems vitamin d3 has no significant effect, but science articles may contradict to each, so no exact info : /

Doctor basically prescribed me Levofloxacin (flouroquinolone type antibio), I was smiling about how the system can let to prescribe it with clonazepam, as they together open the gates of hell, had such a 3 day experience in 2021 till stopping the levo.

Would be so good to have a pinned page which summarizes all drugs and supplements interacting with benzos, marking the severity and scope like almost everybody experienced the interaction or many people or few.

• Like 1

I agree, the consequences of unknowingly taking a gabaergic medication, supplement or plant product can be dire. The Benzo info list is great. I wish there was a list of drugs that are safe. Like which antibiotics.

• Like 1

"Doctor basically prescribed me Levofloxacin (flouroquinolone type antibio), I was smiling about how the system can let to prescribe it with clonazepam, as they together open the gates of hell, had such a 3 day experience in 2021 till stopping the levo."  UGH! I swear they do not look up drug checkers to search for interactions, and pharmacists are little better. The more resources you have to search drugs on your own, the better.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 02/10/2023 at 21:57, [[D...] said:

The Benzo Info list is so helpful. Discovered it the other day, just in time because my son was told to drink a bottle of magnesium citrate , but magnesium should be avoided.

Hi, just seen your comment. I'm taking magnesium 3 in 1 tablets and have been for a while. I've been having high heart rate and palpitations more frequently lately. Currently on 4.5mg V. Starting to think it's the magnesium that is causing the palps etc. Going to stop taking them for a while and see how I go. 

On 2.10.2023 at 22:57, [[D...] said:

Die Benzo-Infoliste ist sehr hilfreich. Habe es neulich entdeckt, gerade noch rechtzeitig, weil meinem Sohn gesagt wurde, er solle eine Flasche Magnesiumcitrat trinken, aber Magnesium sollte gemieden werden.

Why shouldnt you take Magnesium?

I take it and it helps with my cramps