Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Should I worry about EMFs and strong Wi-Fi signals?

[fu...]

My father is considering changing the router for one with a new technology and putting strong repeaters covering the whole house.

It's been a while since I found these out:

“Extremely low frequency electromagnetic field exposure causes cognitive impairment associated with alteration of the glutamate level”
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25066354/

“Variations of glutamate concentration within synaptic cleft in the presence of electromagnetic fields”
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25577979/

I found those in this website about autism and glutamate:
https://tacanow.org/family-resources/glutamate/

Now I am concerned about worsening the symptoms due to the Wi-Fi signals.

Any thoughts or experiences on this are welcomed.

Emf

There's a book called "the invisible rainbow" on the subject. I haven't read it yet, but heard a condensed version on a podcast.

My old IT friend told of headaches when they had an access point too close to their workstations.

We run on electricity.

So it's seems to me that some people would be affected by new forms of emf. Like canaries in the coal mine.

• Like 1

Hi all,

There are three immediate problems with this thread:

1. It is not a benzodiazepine-related issue. And as such, should not be posted to one of our core support forums.
  2. It is firmly within the realms of Conspiracy Theory - we do not allow for CT content at BB.
  3. It is complete nonsense.

We have been down this road a number of times before. I do intend to get into endless discussions about this again. And, I expect, to a similar pointless outcome.

There is so much scaremongering going on these days - we will not allow BB to be used in the furtherance of such content.

Please read the previous thread on this matter.

The relevant rule:

Do not post conspiracy theories, disinformation, or propaganda to this website. Please refer to the Conspiracy Theory Handbook for more information.

Please forgive my bluntness, but this stuff is a colossal waste of time.

@[fu...], please try not to worry. People make money by spreading this kind of nonsense. In the main, they have no real interest other than people clicking their Youtube videos to generate revenue from adverts. The remainder who seem serious about what they disseminate are various shades of delusional.

@[Co...] I respectfully disagree about not being benzo related, at least regarding the withdrawal board, since most of the symptoms are experienced due to glutamate excess and I posted 2 scientific papers about the influence of EMFs on glutamate.

I didn't quote a speculative book or any book about the subject since I didn't read and I don't know if there are papers associated.

The purpose of the thread was to find out about anecdotes and user experiences even if it's considered weak evidence as we don't have many formal ones and it's something still on the fringe it seems, but then again, I didn't research and I am Just looking for experiences.

I hope I didn't offend you or anyone here in anyway with this line of thought. It was not my intention to be a scaremonger. I was using the thread just to help my decision making regarding strong Wi-Fi repeaters in my home because things are being already difficult to me and there are a lot of smart people on the board.

Anyway, feel free to block the thread if you still find detrimental to the community.

I hope I didn't sound rude or anything and can keep being a member of benzobuddies.

Edited by [fu...]
grammar and trying to be more accurate in one of the phrases

Maybe I am overthinking because the papers are about extremely low frequencies and Wi-Fis use much higher frequencies. But I am curious regarding the experiences of other users.

6 hours ago, [[f...] said:

Maybe I am overthinking because the papers are about extremely low frequencies and Wi-Fis use much higher frequencies. But I am curious regarding the experiences of other users.

The difference between 5G frequencies and those of say, your mains electricity supply, are of the order of 100,000,000 to 1,000,000,000. (that's 100 million to 1 billion).

@[fu...]

Oh my, isn't that a bit of OCD thinking? Incredible to what depths of absurdity OCD could lead us... You do have OCD, don't you? They give Luvox for OCD. You know, if you want to prove a theory you believe, you'll find hundreds of articles confirming it. But not everything we believe is true...

The only thing I understand is that your Father is doing something extremely technologically advanced. I'm a total layman when it comes to Wi-fi and IT in general.

My first thought was: maybe something in the relationship between you and your Father? I'm terribly conflicted with my Mother and she did something which made me cry non stop since yesterday. I'm suddenly feeling more secure here than with my recurring thoughts of being an unwanted child... And having my old Kitty as my only Friend.

All the best to you❤️

Paula

@[Es...] I am sorry for your problems with your parents. I decided to err to the side of caution and use cables and only an access point. I asked my father and explained why and he helped me changing the plans.

I agree with you with the science thing being someone who had some time in the academic environment: there are studies and studies, some with pretty bad design, some with biased inclusion/exclusion criteria and some with conflict of interests, but also, of course, there are lots of good studies from good sources. So, one option I can adopt is to control the things I can as the measure I adopted and embrace the remaining uncertainty.

I hope your relationship with your family improves and you get well along!

• Like 1

@[fu...]

I have a hunch that it’s in your head... After having read the previous posts. Just let this thought go to Hell, where it maybe belongs🔥

Evil has strange ways of hijacking our brains...

4 hours ago, [[E...] said:

@[fu...]

Oh my, isn't that a bit of OCD thinking? Incredible to what depths of absurdity OCD could lead us... You do have OCD, don't you? They give Luvox for OCD. You know, if you want to prove a theory you believe, you'll find hundreds of articles confirming it. But not everything we believe is true...

The only thing I understand is that your Father is doing something extremely technologically advanced. I'm a total layman when it comes to Wi-fi and IT in general.

My first thought was: maybe something in the relationship between you and your Father? I'm terribly conflicted with my Mother and she did something which made me cry non stop since yesterday. I'm suddenly feeling more secure here than with my recurring thoughts of being an unwanted child... And having my old Kitty as my only Friend.

All the best to you❤️

Paula

@[Es...], your comments are inappropriate, we don’t diagnose or assume and we certainly don’t delve into familial relationships unasked. 

The quote below is the very thing most of our members have been fighting against, no one wants to be told this. 

Pamster

3 hours ago, [[E...] said:

@[fu...]

I have a hunch that it’s in your head... After having read the previous posts. Just let this thought go to Hell, where it maybe belongs🔥

Evil has strange ways of hijacking our brains...