Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Face numb both sides, swollen cheek, twitching swollen lip

[Bi...]

This morning still same but now swelling in face?????

A crushing turmoil, nervousness, shaking, shivering, heart racing, restless legs, panic attacks is a new symptom, makes me pace and cry, inner tremors, shivering, head feels like it will burst... Not sure if I can hold on. If the turmoil, anxiety, heart racing would stop I could cope maybe. Omg I hate to keep posting but someone please tell me it's normal. I feel like I'm dying

Bloods checked a few weeks ago and thyroid, all ok. I don't know how much more I can take.not had a window three and half weeks

2 hours ago, [[B...] said:

This morning still same but now swelling in face?????

A crushing turmoil, nervousness, shaking, shivering, heart racing, restless legs, panic attacks is a new symptom, makes me pace and cry, inner tremors, shivering, head feels like it will burst... Not sure if I can hold on. If the turmoil, anxiety, heart racing would stop I could cope maybe. Omg I hate to keep posting but someone please tell me it's normal. I feel like I'm dying

Bloods checked a few weeks ago and thyroid, all ok. I don't know how much more I can take.not had a window three and half weeks

I understand what you're going through, same here, back of my skull numb neck and shoulder and biceps painful. Touching my head chin face area is like running my hand along the coffee table.  Three weeks off valium today, I never imagined in my wildest dreams it would be this difficult. I'm 67 years old and nothing in my life comes remotely close to this horrible experience.

Hang in there birdypie, you are not alone 🙏.

10 hours ago, [[N...] said:

Got your PM Jimmy and responded.

Sorry I've been out of pocket for awhile. My wife had some surgery (she came through it fine) so I'm been at a hospital for a couple of days and haven't been checking in as much. We're all glad to be home now.

Thanks Nathan 😊 home is where the heart ❤ is 

@[Bi...] @[Ji...] I have facial numbness too. I have swelling in my face and numb all over. I get throbbing & numbing tingles around the skull. My nose is numb 24/7 and numb lips and tongue come and go. Numb & tingly toes and fingers. Bad facial pain that feels like it's burning. Facial skin is dry and inflamed, anything on it flares it. I've used so many compresses my skin is raw.  Inside of my nose is bone dry & inflamed.

I get shakiness on and off. The trmors and shivering so far has calmed -- I hope. I am in a horrible place with these 24/7 symptoms 

I'm only a little over a month and at the end of my rope. I did a fast and lousy short taper from Xanax and Ambien.

@[Ji...] I am going on 67 and I, too, never expected anything like this. I understand FDA applied a black box warning, but we never see those. There is nothing in my prescription leaflet or bottle warning of addiction or wihdrawal. This should be in large bold red letters since doctors do not take responsibilty warning us.

54 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

@[Bi...] @[Ji...] I have facial numbness too. I have swelling in my face and numb all over. I get throbbing & numbing tingles around the skull. My nose is numb 24/7 and numb lips and tongue come and go. Numb & tingly toes and fingers. Bad facial pain that feels like it's burning. Facial skin is dry and inflamed, anything on it flares it. I've used so many compresses my skin is raw.  Inside of my nose is bone dry & inflamed.

I get shakiness on and off. The trmors and shivering so far has calmed -- I hope. I am in a horrible place with these 24/7 symptoms 

I'm only a little over a month and at the end of my rope. I did a fast and lousy short taper from Xanax and Ambien.

@[Ji...] I am going on 67 and I, too, never expected anything like this. I understand FDA applied a black box warning, but we never see those. There is nothing in my prescription leaflet or bottle warning of addiction or wihdrawal. This should be in large bold red letters since doctors do not take responsibilty warning us.

My so called taper started on July 1st/23 and ended September 9th three weeks ago and all of this really without much knowledge or support with regard to the damage this drug (vallium in my case) can do.

I'm trying my best and finding walking listening to mindfulness podcasts along with music helps somewhat, however, the physical and emotional pain can be overwhelming.

Trying to look forward one minute at a time is all I can do right now, so hang in there with us birdypie...that's the best I can offer right now 🙏 ...