Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Some history...

[kn...]

Prior to benzo WD, I had been taking both Clonazepam and Lorazepam for at least ten years.  I was in a bad way when I did this and needed my anxiety and obsessive problems to abate so I could do my job at that time (NAMI president for our county and mental health and substance abuse ombudsman for 4 counties).  They, benzos, did the job and I was able to finish my last contract and retire just before Covid hit in 2020.  At that time, I was assigned a new med provider in behavior health and he insisted that I transfer the benzos to an equal dose of diazepam (60mg) and start cutting from there.  He always prescribed the scripts I needed, but I it was left largely left up to me to figure out what I needed to do with them.  I"ve gotten by chopping up pills until just recently.  I've come down from 5 to 2 by dropping .5 at a time.  Now, at two, I'm wiped.  I'm holding for now and trying to figure out where to go from here??

Hello @[kn...] - thank you for adding your History in your Profile.  It really helps.   Looking at your history what pops out is that the cuts you've made are bigger than we typically suggest.  What we generally suggest is tapering with cuts of no more than 5-10% of your last dose every 2 weeks or longer depending on your symptoms.  From what we've seen people are often more sensitive to cuts and need to make smaller cuts as they get down to lower doses toward the end of the taper.  I think you're wise to hold now until you're more stable and moving forward perhaps make cuts of 5% or less of the most recent dose each time .  

Sadly, I realize that now.  I've posted a little about this.  Suffice it to say that I've had absolutely no idea what I'm doing for most of my taper.  I didn't even realize that all of these symptoms were typical to benzo WD until I found you folks.  I'm definitely staying where I'm at for awhile here.  I'm about to post on the WD and support forum about how I am today.  Check it out if you're interested. Thanks