Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Pushing through

[...]

@[...] first of all: this will go away. Hang in there!

I've seen my son go through similar symptoms some months ago when he was in acute, they didn't last.

Is your husband with you? It's very good that he won't give you the pills because that would be taking a risk atm. You'll be tempted to take them many times and he'll be tempted to give them, this would most likely make things harder in the long run.

Please ask your husband to stay with you and help you breathe through it, you can do it! Try to breathe together.

I told him over and over that it would go away, stayed at his side 24/7. 

My parents came over to help with groceries etc.

He told me later that he thought we were all sick together, it was some sort of hallucination. But yes, he did believe he was dying at one point (he wasn't!).

• Love 1

I do recall this happening to me as well. The first 2 weeks symptoms kept getting worse. I encourage you to start a symptom journal so that when your symptoms start easing off (Because They WILL)  you'll be able to see data driven evidence that you are improving. That really helped me as it was impossible to trust my own brain to see any improvement. As we go from complete suffering and utter hell, to in hell and suffering, to ok I can see hell and feel the burn, to ok hell is a little further away, until it's completing out of sight.  So while we are fighting through all those stages it's so hard to see any Light and Hope, as we are consumed with suffering, even if it's a tiny bit less suffering, it's hard to see that progress. 

Journal main symptoms, score them 1 to 10, write encouraging notes to your future self. 

Distract yourself as much as you can, that's all you can do during this acute stage. Pace, scream in your pillow, cry, have someone take you for a drive, call someone to vent.  I did take night time Tylenol to help me get some sleep.  Make sure you're getting your nutrients, even if you just have to get your husband to blend you a smoothie. just get something down so your body has energy to continue healing. 

you've got this, you can do this, this is unbearably hard, but you can do it.  

• Like 1