Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Dealing with prescribers

[kn...]

I won't get started on prescribers who won't acknowledge or believe me in regard to benzo WD symptoms.  Safe to say that I've dealt with it as well.  I  The neurologist ordered brain scans, etc.  Told him about the benzos, but he didn't believe that it could have anything to do with the needles, weakness, trembling and burning going on in my legs.  My blood pressure has always been a problem, but for the last several years I've been on meds and it's always been normal.  Nowadays I check it regularly and it does spike frequently even with BP meds.  My cardiologist couldn't find anything wrong with me even though I presented with heart palpitations and often had breathing problems.  The day of the appt., my 02 was 98%.  Go figure.  As for sleep, I've been through two extensive sleep studies, told I had sleep apnea and bought a CPAP machine.  After two years of sleepless nights that drove both my wife and our Labrador crazy, I packed it up and shelved it.  No one would prescribe Ambien; said that with the benzo thing going on that the combo could kill me.  I now have a prescription for Trazodone (300 mg per night taken an hour before bedtime).  That plus a half hour of meditation will knock me out for a good 8 hours.  

• Like 1