Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Like what the hell is happening rn

[Ob...]

So Ive been using 8mg of clonazepam for a bit now. Today for no reason I freaked out I just took 11mg… and guess what… NOTHING HAPPEND! I mean the first time I took 8mg I felt so sleepy and sedated, but now that i took more I dont feel tired as much or anything rly. Maybe its cause I didnt take all 11 at once but took like 6 at once then 4 after like 15mins then later in the day another 1mg. 
Im not pro using I am just scared for my well being and getting worse and more addicted :/ like theres no real hope.

Also, if Ive started to use it like 6 months ago and started abusing it a bit over a month ago or maybe 2 idk? Would tapering be hard? Would I experience side effects if I just stop taking them all at once, aside from anxiety? Sorry I just am not as educated and im scared to look through the site cause one post triggered me a little bit :/

@[Ob...]

I have to sign off and get some sleep in a minute, so, I’ll get this started, and then I’m sure others will follow up. 

It sounds to me as though the medication is starting to create the very symptoms it was originally prescribed to treat, so you really have no choice but to taper off the medication. 

We can help you with with your taper here. Simply post on the Taper Strategies board asking for help with your taper.

The first thing you will need to do is find a dose that you feel comfortable with and stick to that dose.

It sounds like 8mg may be the place to start your taper, but you will need to stick to that dose for now, and make sure you dose at exactly the same time, or times, each day, depending on whether you choose to dose once or twice a day. Clonazepam has a relatively long half life, so you shouldn’t need to dose anymore than twice a day. You do need to be consistent with your dosing times. 

Once you post on the Taper Strategies board, we will be able to put a taper plan together for you to follow. 

I developed a tolerance to Klonopin quickly too. I tried to taper off 3mg so I reduced to 2.5mg. The withdrawal was way too harsh so I tried going back to 3mg and wouldn't stabilize. I eventually started taking 6mg (double!) and STILL wouldn't feel better. At that point I went to the hospital and crossed over to Valium.

1 hour ago, [[O...] said:

So Ive been using 8mg of clonazepam for a bit now. Today for no reason I freaked out I just took 11mg… and guess what… NOTHING HAPPEND! I mean the first time I took 8mg I felt so sleepy and sedated, but now that i took more I dont feel tired as much or anything rly. Maybe its cause I didnt take all 11 at once but took like 6 at once then 4 after like 15mins then later in the day another 1mg. 
Im not pro using I am just scared for my well being and getting worse and more addicted :/ like theres no real hope.

Also, if Ive started to use it like 6 months ago and started abusing it a bit over a month ago or maybe 2 idk? Would tapering be hard? Would I experience side effects if I just stop taking them all at once, aside from anxiety? Sorry I just am not as educated and im scared to look through the site cause one post triggered me a little bit :/

HI @[Ob...], are you still taking your parents medication, have you told them yet?  If you continue to take this medication in ever increasing doses, (you joined a few days ago saying you were taking 6 mgs, then it was 8 and now it’s 11 mgs), you’re not going to have enough to do a proper taper and no doctor will help you because you’ve exceeded the amount most doctors feel comfortable prescribing. 

If you are serious about tapering off of this drug, then I suggest you talk to your parents and your doctor.  We’ll be happy to help you figure out how to taper but you’re going to need a steady supply and if your parents stash runs out, you’re not going to have it when you need it. 

10 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

HI @[Ob...], are you still taking your parents medication, have you told them yet?  If you continue to take this medication in ever increasing doses, (you joined a few days ago saying you were taking 6 mgs, then it was 8 and now it’s 11 mgs), you’re not going to have enough to do a proper taper and no doctor will help you because you’ve exceeded the amount most doctors feel comfortable prescribing. 

If you are serious about tapering off of this drug, then I suggest you talk to your parents and your doctor.  We’ll be happy to help you figure out how to taper but you’re going to need a steady supply and if your parents stash runs out, you’re not going to have it when you need it. 

I am not using my parents meds. These are perscribed to me. But doctor said they have to have it with them. My father gives them to me.

I am planning on talking to my therapist tomorrow on appointment and talk about what to do about this. 

I am not sure ill be able to do it with my own free will and motivation tho. Its just not strong enough. My idea is to ask doctor to go to psych ward again for the 5th time and u know just not have anything to take there. I think that is my only option.

I’m relieved to know your parents are aware of your use, but I agree, some of us can’t taper these medications on our own, I couldn’t because I have addiction issues, I’m glad you’re fully aware of your own limitations. 

Please let us know what your therapist says tomorrow and if we can help you.  I agree with @[Wi...] in that finding a dose you can be stable on is a good idea.  Stable doesn’t particularly mean feeling good, it means you can take care of your daily tasks, do you feel 6 mgs might be the right dose for now? 

1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

I’m relieved to know your parents are aware of your use, but I agree, some of us can’t taper these medications on our own, I couldn’t because I have addiction issues, I’m glad you’re fully aware of your own limitations. 

Please let us know what your therapist says tomorrow and if we can help you.  I agree with @[Wi...] in that finding a dose you can be stable on is a good idea.  Stable doesn’t particularly mean feeling good, it means you can take care of your daily tasks, do you feel 6 mgs might be the right dose for now? 

My mother isnt aware 😅 just my father. But its something at least. My mother is complicated, so maybe if I can taper off myself I can get off of it and she wont ever know… 

ill make a post tomorrow and talk about what she says!! 
Wish me luck for tomorrow haha

Hi @[Ob...]

I agree with @[Pa...].

If you think you could be relatively stable on 6mg, I think it would be more advantageous for you to start there. My sense is that you’re probably not going to be feeling great on any dose, so the lowest dose that provides some comfort would be the best place to start and would avoid extending out your taper unnecessarily. It sounds like you are experiencing some level of anxiety regardless of your dose, so I wouldn’t be looking for a dose that completely relieves that anxiety, and rather, find a dose that avoids you experiencing intense withdrawal symptoms. Maybe 6mg would be a good place to begin?