Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Relapsing again

[kn...]

Just wanted to give an update of my journey through this all.  After making some pretty aggressive cuts over the course of the last two years, I've decided to hold this fall at 2. (Many thanks to piano girl for your help and support. ) My family, who have been very supportive of me in the past, are growing "sick of me being sick". I've been at 2mg  for 3 weeks now and have finally started to stabilize.  However when I woke up this morning, after sleeping nearly nine hours,  everything came crashing back: muscle trembling and weakness throughout, dizziness, head as if in a vise. As much as this hurts, in the past it's been a sign of healing up.  More good news is that after filing a request to get a new medical provider, that has finally happened.  Previously, I was always able to get prescriptions, but it was up to me to figure out what to do with them.  My symptoms were never acknowledged and all requests for liquid substitutions of help with water titration were met with negative responses.  

Hi @[kn...] I'm glad you started to feel some stabilization with your hold and very glad your efforts to get a new medical provider are bearing fruit.  It's beyond frustrating to deal with medical professionals who don't understand what we're going through.  

I'm sorry you had the return of some symptoms this morning.  I hope they ease up soon and that it turns out to portend more healing.  Do you keep a journal of your symptoms?  I didn't but from what I see of members who do, symptom journals can be incredibly helpful.  I imagine you'll continue to hold for a while longer; that's what I'd do if I were in your shoes.