Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How do you cope with your life without benzo ? Specially with existing conditon depression and anxiety

[Ra...]

Dear All, 

I am currently 30 months off from ATI of long term consumption @ 7-8yrs * 0.5/1mg.

Jobless for coming 7-8yrs.

Financially going to deplete soon. 

I am still struggling how to cope with my life without benzo.

My threshold for stress is low. Easily mood swing, anxiety and feeling fearful.

My mind is always too active and I am unhappy. Over thinking ..

I realized I take things very seriously and pressurized myself to do well be it at cooking/ housework. Perfectionist 🥲I am always alone at home 🥲 No social circle. 

My blood pressure is very high, I think because i don’t know how to destress and keep accumulating a lot of unhappiness.

Now, my body is full of pain, insomnia for days and developed GERD.

Anyone has supplements or better advice for me ? I want to be happy and get out of this viscous cycle 🥲

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, [[[...] said:

Dear All, 

I am currently 30 months off from ATI of long term consumption @ 7-8yrs * 0.5/1mg.

Jobless for coming 7-8yrs.

Financially going to deplete soon. 

I am still struggling how to cope with my life without benzo.

My threshold for stress is low. Easily mood swing, anxiety and feeling fearful.

My mind is always too active and I am unhappy. Over thinking ..

I realized I take things very seriously and pressurized myself to do well be it at cooking/ housework. Perfectionist 🥲I am always alone at home 🥲 No social circle. 

My blood pressure is very high, I think because i don’t know how to destress and keep accumulating a lot of unhappiness.

Now, my body is full of pain, insomnia for days and developed GERD.

Anyone has supplements or better advice for me ? I want to be happy and get out of this viscous cycle 🥲

I had to take Seroquel to help me sleep. Now taking Risperidone. It seems to help with my tremors. 

Hello @[Ra...]-  I'm sorry you're going through such a difficult time.  I understand how hard it is and how it feels to not know how to destress.  Benzo withdrawal is one of the hardest things we can go through and on of the most challenging parts is that we need to learn new ways to cope with stress and manage anxiety, insomnia and other issues.  Unfortunately there don't seem to be any quick fixes.  Developing coping techniques and self care routines that help us soothe ourselves can take daily practice. It can take a while before you begin to see the cumulative effects.  What kinds of things do you do to take care of yourself and cope with stress?

• Like 1

On 28/09/2023 at 04:30, [[B...] said:

Hello @[Ra...]-  I'm sorry you're going through such a difficult time.  I understand how hard it is and how it feels to not know how to destress.  Benzo withdrawal is one of the hardest things we can go through and on of the most challenging parts is that we need to learn new ways to cope with stress and manage anxiety, insomnia and other issues.  Unfortunately there don't seem to be any quick fixes.  Developing coping techniques and self care routines that help us soothe ourselves can take daily practice. It can take a while before you begin to see the cumulative effects.  What kinds of things do you do to take care of yourself and cope with stress?

I realized when I am too desperate, i’ll head out to walk alone in the middle of the night. Listen to sermon, pray, go into benzo buddies to see if anyone online to chat etc.

I also tried exercise but half way dropped :(

• Like 1

@[Ra...]  I'm glad you've found some things that help.  When I felt desperate I found prayer helped too. Also long walks in nature.  I was often awake in the middle of the night reading Success Stories on BB.  A warm bath before bedtime with Epsom salts & lavender essential oil (or the fragrance of your choice) helped also.

Exercise can feel like a big challenge but just a little moderate exercise can help smooth out your frayed nerves.

• Like 2

On 27/09/2023 at 12:12, [[5...] said:

I had to take Seroquel to help me sleep. Now taking Risperidone. It seems to help with my tremors. 

Hello @[57...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Thanks for jumping in suggestions, are you currently taking benzodiazepines or have you tapered off?  We’re interested in hearing more of your story, so I hope you’ll start a thread to tell us about yourself. 

Pamster