Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Pregnancy, symptom flareup

[Ro...]

Hey folks, and you may remember me, I started my journey here when I called turkeyed in October 2021. Well I am back I am currently 25 weeks pregnant. My last wave was in March 2023 and it was pretty insignificant and past within two weeks now at 25 weeks pregnant I’m having a more severe wave still nothing near acute. But I came here for a couple reasons. first and foremost I was absolutely ready to do. My success story. Unfortunately, I knew I should wait because pregnancy, my upkick my symptoms. my waves started about five days ago I’m having dizziness, depersonalization, derealization, anxiety, difficulty sleeping thankfully I think I’m on the other side of it and I’m coming out of it the reason for this I assume is that at the tail end of pregnancy, estrogen and progesterone just continue to skyrocket, and then they will plummet once I deliver the baby we’ve been trying to conceive for about three years and in the last year I’ve had four losses this pregnancy was twins, and I lost one of them, but I am more than grateful for the one baby that remains. I have been scouring these forms for pregnancy advice. Unfortunately, all of us have different stories and I can’t find any that are truly comparable, so I come on here for advice to find out how uterus having folks tolerated, postpartum and waves during pregnancy like I said, they are awful, but it definitely has me on high alert about health anxiety. It has me feeling scared and I am just praying for this wave to be over again super thankful that I know since it came on so quick it is still for mental withdrawal. I am seeing my OB, and have been very transparent about my history, but I need some anecdotal input from you all the folks who have been through it, I can’t wait to see your responses. Don’t worry I’ll be here waiting lol. 

Hello @[Ro...] -I don't have any answers for you but I want to respond. I'm very sorry for your pregnancy losses.  I'm sorry you've been through so much stress and I hope your current wave passes soon.  We often see an uptick in withdrawal symptoms associated with increased stress.    You seem to have a good handle on the role of your withdrawal symptoms and changing hormones.  I think your understanding and acceptance will really help you move forward with strength through the current wave.  I hope you get some responses from others who have experienced pregnancy during withdrawal.

• Love 1