Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Getting confidence. How????

[Bu...]

Hi again.

Now that tapering is done,  how do I find myself again? Withdrawal and years of prescription drugs have eroded my former self away. I really am empty. I have zero confidence and I'm so afraid of everything! Paranoia is not helping either.

Thoughts please!!!

Your old self will return.  What you are experiencing are symptoms of recovering from benzo use.    These will dissipate over time, and you will begin to feel like you did pre-benzo.

Unfortunately, being finished with your taper does not necessarily mean the symptoms will stop.   

• Like 3

@[Bu...],

I believe your old self was simply been hidden behind the haze of drugs. As far as confidence goes, this came back to me little by little. My freedom and independence were taken away rather quickly but it’s return was slower. It did come back.

There is nothing quite like benzo withdrawal. The tapering, the inexplicable symptoms and the wait for healing, everything pales in comparison. I found myself even more confident when healed because I no longer sweated the small stuff. I was a timid flyer before benzos. I didn’t medicate but odd noises and turbulence bothered me. After benzo withdrawal, it was a piece of cake. I’d been through much worse. Flying  might be a pain these days, but I no longer get worried or stressed.

Give it some time and be sure to pat yourself on the back any time you go out of your comfort zone. It does get better.

pianogirl :smitten:

• Like 1