Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Zero hope, severe case

[c0...]

Hi everyone. I need hope. I’m losing all hope. I’m a very severe case. I truly don’t know many people this bad, and the ones that are this bad are d3ad or YEARS in this. I’ve been brain damaged for 2 years now by these drugs. I was polydrugged with tons of antidepressants which I’m off almost 2 years now and tapered Klonopin slow. I also tried CT progesterone which set off complete hell, ended up back on and wasn’t the same. I am 6 months off klon now and still so severe. I was bed ridden for over a year and couldn’t leave my house or function what so ever due to brain torture symptoms and akathisia. The last 2 weeks have been less severe but still unbearable crisis level with zero quality of life. Was anyone this bad and healed? I’m slowly tapering progesterone soon. I’m sure if your from Fb groups you’ll recognize me🥴 

Hey there!  So sorry you are struggling!   This can be such a difficult journey.   There are lots of people here who are ready to support you.   First, congratulations for discontinuing antidepressants successfully.   You now have six months under your belt being benzo free.   Your brain will continue to heal.    As you experience symptoms try to remind yourself that you are healing.    There are lots of members who have had a tough recovery.  Hopefully some of them will weigh in and give you some of their thoughts.

Do you have to taper the progesterone now?  We usually recommend only tapering one substance at a time.   I don't know anything about withdrawing from progesterone, but I am assuming there could be some symptoms given that you are planning a slow taper. 

Please keep reaching out for support.