Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Clonazepam taper help thanks !

[Ma...]

Just now, [[c...] said:

@[Co...] Do you at all believe in any homemade liquid tapers? Milk, for instance? Can I taper using milk in mL? Example: I take 10ml milk for a .5mg clonazepam pill and intake 9ml of the milk if I want to take the 90% OR take the 10% off and drink the rest?

Whats my best bet? Also, if milk is ok, can you please show references and documentation on those. Sorry if I’m a bother. I’m suffering from benzos for a long time and feel very disillusioned and frustrated that I’m not getting anywhere.

Some people make it work for them. Others report a lot of difficulties. I would strongly suggest consider using a pharmacy over-the-counter solvent or suspension agent rather than vodka, milk or water. The commercial product is going to be far more reliable, and the pharmacist might provide some useful feedback and suggestions too.

11 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Some people make it work for them. Others report a lot of difficulties. I would strongly suggest consider using a pharmacy over-the-counter solvent or suspension agent rather than vodka, milk or water. The commercial product is going to be far more reliable, and the pharmacist might provide some useful feedback and suggestions too.

Do you mean something like Ora Plus to use as a sole solution? Would it be like: submerging a tablet in the solution and if I want to taper 10% (for example), I’ll take off a tenth of the solution and drink the rest? Which is in contrast to mixing 2:8 Ora to Water?

I can ask my pharmacy but I need some tips on what to even ask! Ora is so expensive too. NY pharmacies in my neighbourhood are quite “don’t do it yourself”, people. I need help please!

36 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Do you mean something like Ora Plus to use as a sole solution? Would it be like: submerging a tablet in the solution and if I want to taper 10% (for example), I’ll take off a tenth of the solution and drink the rest? Which is in contrast to mixing 2:8 Ora to Water?

I can ask my pharmacy but I need some tips on what to even ask! Ora is so expensive too. NY pharmacies in my neighbourhood are quite “don’t do it yourself”, people. I need help please!

Yes, Ora Plus. There are other options too. Some other members will be better able to advise you.

And, yes, you would grind up the pill(s) and add them to the liquid. You would gradually reduce your intake of the liquid to reduce your dose. Again, others (and your pharmacist) might be better able to advise you on proportions and whether or not adding water is OK. I generally advise against making unnecessary changes (such as adding water). But this does mean that it might not be a reasonable option. Again, the pharmacist should/might know.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Yes, Ora Plus. There are other options too. Some other members will be better able to advise you.

And, yes, you would grind up the pill(s) and add them to the liquid. You would gradually reduce your intake of the liquid to reduce your dose. Again, others (and your pharmacist) might be better able to advise you on proportions and whether or not adding water is OK. I generally advise against making unnecessary changes (such as adding water). But this does mean that it might not be a reasonable option. Again, the pharmacist should/might know.

Does it then become a suspension or a solution? A solution can ignore amount of residue because every molecule is in the liquid. With suspension, you need to pill powder equally distributed in the liquid. Correct?

3 minutes ago, [[c...] said:

Does it then become a suspension or a solution? A solution can ignore amount of residue because every molecule is in the liquid. With suspension, you need to pill powder equally distributed in the liquid. Correct?

@[Li...] might be the best person to answer your questions about solutions and suspensions. Some benzodiazepines are easier to dissolve than others. And different solvents better suit one benzo over another.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [[c...] said:

Hello @[cc...].  If you make a do-it-yourself (DIY) liquid using regular clonazepam tablets and a commercial suspending vehicle such as OraPlus/OraSweet/OraBlend or SyrSpend, you will be making a suspension not a solution.

I’ve included a link below to a stability-tested formulation for a 0.1mg/mL clonazepam oral suspension used by many compounding pharmacists.  We also have members who have made this formulation themselves using the ingredients, gear, and procedures listed. 

Stability tested means the liquid has been professionally analyzed and found to retain its properties (e.g. potency) under certain conditions (e.g. protected from light; refrigerated vs unrefrigerated) over a given time period. 

0.1mg/mL Clonazepam Oral Suspension from Nationwide Children’s Hospital
https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/-/media/nch/specialties/pharmacy/compounding-formulas/clonazepam-oral.ashx

• Like 1

3 hours ago, [[L...] said:

Hello @[cc...].  If you make a do-it-yourself (DIY) liquid using regular clonazepam tablets and a commercial suspending vehicle such as OraPlus/OraSweet/OraBlend or SyrSpend, you will be making a suspension not a solution.

I’ve included a link below to a stability-tested formulation for a 0.1mg/mL clonazepam oral suspension used by many compounding pharmacists.  We also have members who have made this formulation themselves using the ingredients, gear, and procedures listed. 

Stability tested means the liquid has been professionally analyzed and found to retain its properties (e.g. potency) under certain conditions (e.g. protected from light; refrigerated vs unrefrigerated) over a given time period. 

https://www.nationwidechildrens.org/-/media/nch/specialties/pharmacy/compounding-formulas/clonazepam-oral.ashx

This makes it into a solution?

Is there anyone that can hold my hand while I do this process? Also where to get equipment?

Just now, [[c...] said:

This makes it into a solution?

Is there anyone that can hold my hand while I do this process? Also where to get equipment?

So deceptive how the person telling me about pg:water ratio, actually pointed me to this document to show that it can be done! Problem: doc doesn’t even write anything about ratio! I was deceived by the people I trusted, rah 

6 hours ago, [[L...] said:

I think liquid is very helpful because I just measured a Teva tablet of clonazepam .5 and they are about 175 mg weight. This “about” business, makes me nuts. About 3%; about 175 mg. Distribution of active medicine is an issue too. Liquid should be INVESTIGATED and mulled over and over in this community. A solution not a suspensions.