Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

22 months

[st...]

Who else is around this mark and still suffering bad? I never in a million years thought I'd take this long and feel like I have such a long road to go. I used to have a few weeks of window every months. I don't get those anymore. I thought we were slowly supposed to get better. My waves have not decreased. 

Sorry you are still struggling at 22 months.  This journey oftentimes takes a lot longer than we hoped it would.  It is hard to remain patient and positive.   Hopefully, others who are in a similar situation will respond.

Also, the healing can be very non-linear.  The symptoms wax and wane over time with no predictable trajectory.    

Please keep reaching out!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, [[d...] said:

Sorry you are still struggling at 22 months.  This journey oftentimes takes a lot longer than we hoped it would.  It is hard to remain patient and positive.   Hopefully, others who are in a similar situation will respond.

Also, the healing can be very non-linear.  The symptoms wax and wane over time with no predictable trajectory.    

Please keep reaching out!

Thank you for your reply. 

I am at 27 months out from only 3 weeks of usage.  My main remaining symptoms are broken nights of sleep and tinnitus.  Still experiencing windows and waves.  Last night was almost a zero perceived night of sleep.  Holding onto the faith that I will recover and that every day is one day closer to healing.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

heya...i am still there with you... still windows and waves, i did have my first night that felt like i slept through the night, at least 6 hours in a row, somewhere in month 22. i am in month 23 now, i get really ok nights, less broken, well rested. but still get true benzo horror nights including not falling asleep waking up a bunch of times if i am able to fall back asleep at all and hypnic jerks, exploding head syndrome and myoclonic jaw stuff. other symptoms still pop up but rare. on my good days after good nights i am sometimes feeling really well, like 95% normal... but those moments are still less than 50% of the time, the rest is still various levels of crap.

3 weeks only on K, "only" 0,50 mg... havent touched any "meds" since the cold turkey, even did a root canal without anesthesia.

On 25/09/2023 at 03:53, [[N...] said:

I am at 27 months out from only 3 weeks of usage.  My main remaining symptoms are broken nights of sleep and tinnitus.  Still experiencing windows and waves.  Last night was almost a zero perceived night of sleep.  Holding onto the faith that I will recover and that every day is one day closer to healing.

Sounds like your almost there.  Healing is happening. So happy for you 

3 hours ago, [[h...] said:

heya...i am still there with you... still windows and waves, i did have my first night that felt like i slept through the night, at least 6 hours in a row, somewhere in month 22. i am in month 23 now, i get really ok nights, less broken, well rested. but still get true benzo horror nights including not falling asleep waking up a bunch of times if i am able to fall back asleep at all and hypnic jerks, exploding head syndrome and myoclonic jaw stuff. other symptoms still pop up but rare. on my good days after good nights i am sometimes feeling really well, like 95% normal... but those moments are still less than 50% of the time, the rest is still various levels of crap.

3 weeks only on K, "only" 0,50 mg... havent touched any "meds" since the cold turkey, even did a root canal without anesthesia.

Same here. My sleep has improved a little over the past few weeks but now I'm back to acute mornings. I feel like there is posion running through my vains and in my head. No more windows since last month. That's great you are getting windows although I know it's crushing when they close but man I it nice to catch your breath for a moment. 

On 26/09/2023 at 18:39, [[s...] said:

Same here. My sleep has improved a little over the past few weeks but now I'm back to acute mornings. I feel like there is posion running through my vains and in my head. No more windows since last month. That's great you are getting windows although I know it's crushing when they close but man I it nice to catch your breath for a moment. 

Yeah thats what it feels like on the good days like catch my breath for a day and then struggle on, when its s bunch of days thats fantastic

• Love 1

Hi there,

I’m so sorry you’re still suffering. I am 22 months off and have never had a window. Not one.

I have severe burning nerve pain in my legs like a wild bear clawing at my tissues. I also have the burning brain and it feels like acid in my veins.

Morning anxiety and fear is intense and the cortisol and adrenaline are on overdrive. It’s inconceivable the amount of suffering that our body and mind are having to endure. I’ve spent thousands on docs, MRI, nerve conduction tests, et.al. It’s all Benzo injury.

If I could get a day off from the pain at least I wouid know I’m healing but that has not yet come. Baylissa says that some people don’t get windows and that some have horrible surging at the end and all of a sudden symptoms leave and healing is complete. I sure hope it happens for us soon. I sm exhausted from the suffering and horrifying burning. Hang on and don’t loose heart. I understand and am so sorry. Sending you healing thoughts. ❤️‍🩹

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

Hi there,

I’m so sorry you’re still suffering. I am 22 months off and have never had a window. Not one.

I have severe burning nerve pain in my legs like a wild bear clawing at my tissues. I also have the burning brain and it feels like acid in my veins.

Morning anxiety and fear is intense and the cortisol and adrenaline are on overdrive. It’s inconceivable the amount of suffering that our body and mind are having to endure. I’ve spent thousands on docs, MRI, nerve conduction tests, et.al. It’s all Benzo injury.

If I could get a day off from the pain at least I wouid know I’m healing but that has not yet come. Baylissa says that some people don’t get windows and that some have horrible surging at the end and all of a sudden symptoms leave and healing is complete. I sure hope it happens for us soon. I sm exhausted from the suffering and horrifying burning. Hang on and don’t loose heart. I understand and am so sorry. Sending you healing thoughts. ❤️‍🩹

Jordan I'm so sorry you're suffering this far out. Sounds like you and I have alot in common symptom wise.  I'm glad you talked to Baylissa. Iv heard the same thing. Now windows and healed all of a sudden. I really hope you catch a break soon. I really do. Sending you healing thoughts as well.