Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tinnitus switching from one ear to the other: Anyone experience this?

[Sw...]

I am really hoping someone can chime in on this and reassure me this is normal BZD craziness. This is the weirdest tinnitus I have ever experienced, and distressing. Would love any words of positivity. Pray for me. 

Yes I did have switching tinnitus. More often it was on the left, less often but much more severe on the right. I still have it but only very quiet. So it does get better. Wish you good healing 🍀

• Like 2

@[Sw...] I had the Tinnitus in both ears, mine was caused from an inner ear disease in both ears, it did seem a bit worse when I started tapering, but it has pretty much resolved, only get it when I am overly stressed or tired. So I was used to the noise pretty much for years, this will not be the same for you, it will get better. Stay Strong.💖Peace and Healing.

• Like 1

What kind of sound do you have? Is it a high pitch constant eeeeee or a static noise? My is a wooshing sound in sync with my heart beat. They call it Pulsatile. The first ones are triggered by expossure to high volumes of sound or medication. The pulsatile could be more of a vascular problem, you can hear your blood flowing. Most of the time due to withdrawal our CNS gets sensitize and we hear all kind of stuff. For most it gets better with time but is one of the symptoms that last the longest. Don't let it bother you it'll eventually go away. 

• Like 1