Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tinnitus worse past 2 days-need reassurance

[Sw...]

Hey all,

my tinnitus has ramped up the past two days. It’s high pitch so it isn’t drowned out with ambient sound. In fact the tinnitus is always changing some good days some bad days. Can anyone give me any assurance that this is healing. 

I don’t want to be afraid of my body. The sound is just SO annoying and makes me edgy. 

On 21/09/2023 at 14:21, [[S...] said:

Hey all,

my tinnitus has ramped up the past two days. It’s high pitch so it isn’t drowned out with ambient sound. In fact the tinnitus is always changing some good days some bad days. Can anyone give me any assurance that this is healing. 

I don’t want to be afraid of my body. The sound is just SO annoying and makes me edgy. 

Mine is up and down and Im down to 1 mg V.  From what Ive read, it gets better for most ppl after you start healing.  Im hoping ....

Take care.

It WILL get better! I believe it will. 

Years ago I had terrible tinnitus and before I realized it got WAY better after quitting benzos, BUT I reinstated after the fact, and now its hell again. So I have experienced great improvement in my tinnitus previously, unfortunately patience is a virtue that involves actual practice. So here is the practice. BRING IT ON!!!

My chiropractor always told me change is better than no change, so even if that means it gets worse some days and better other days its far better than being one way all the time, as change equals healing. 

On my tough days though I AM a big baby. 

@[Sw...] and @[Al...] tinnitus will indeed get better, especially if you get it during or post wd, hang in there and try to mask it as well as you can, and keep distracted...when you can. Stay Strong, but you are already strong both of you, please know that this too shall pass when more healing occurs in your Brain. Imagine what the Brain has had to repair and how it has affected us, it is trying to get back to being without the benzo and repairing.

💖 Peace and Healing.

• Like 2