Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Klonopin post-withdrawal and gut health?

[Pe...]

I was a longtime Klonopin user. Took a very, very slow taper and was down to drops until I made a clean break of it 21 days ago. I saw my PCD's NP today about a return of IBS symptoms and she thinks it's related to my brain still adjusting to being off Klonopin. I have also been experiencing more insomnia the past week, and increased anxiety. But IBS?? The NP seemed to know what she was talking about and I was moved to tears when she said how proud she is of me for getting off the K. She says I have months more to go and that blows me away. Advice anyone? Has anyone else had gut health symptoms after withdrawing?

Yes, I had IBS issues. 30 yr k

For me the first 5 months were bad. Mostly loose IBS and concerning pains. But it fades. 

The next six months and my guts were mostly gone from my thoughts.

I'm a little aware again lately but it's functioning normal.

You may get very strange pains and feelings, you may not. There are alot of testimonies on BB about the gut.  

Practice distraction if you get problems.

God bless