Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Harder at the end?

[Ga...]

After 3+ years of tapering Klonopin I am at .027 mg. I would think that it should be easy now but I am having a very hard time. I’m beginning to think that maybe there is something else going on. Is it typically harder at the end? Some days I am barely able to function. Thanks 

I have heard once you get below the therapeutic dose you already begin withdrawal/ acute withdrawal so potentially you are right on track. You can do this! It is so hard and I have deep compassion for you, I am sure this has been a hard road. It will get better and you will one day be on the other side of this journey. 

5 hours ago, [[S...] said:

I have heard once you get below the therapeutic dose you already begin withdrawal/ acute withdrawal so potentially you are right on track. You can do this! It is so hard and I have deep compassion for you, I am sure this has been a hard road. It will get better and you will one day be on the other side of this journey. 

I am inclined to agree with @[Sw...]. Ashton said between the Valium equivalent of 0.025mg to 0.05mg there's hardly any therapeutic value, so I would think we already enter Post Acute somewhere in the process even though we're not completely off. 

I am really sorry it's this difficult. When were you thinking of jumping?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, [[G...] said:

Thank you all for your interest and compassion. I was thinking of jumping at .01 ml. Any thoughts?

Oh, there's a difference between ml and mg. What mg's are you on?

11 hours ago, [[G...] said:

After 3+ years of tapering Klonopin I am at .027 mg. I would think that it should be easy now but I am having a very hard time. I’m beginning to think that maybe there is something else going on. Is it typically harder at the end? Some days I am barely able to function. Thanks 

You could probably jump earlier if you want. I jumped at 0.025mg K. But if you're not psychologically ready to jump then you can continue down to 0.01mg.