Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Reinstate?

[Ri...]

Hi everyone,

I am struggling. I have been tapering from 15 mgs a day of Valium since June. 43 days ago, I was cold turkeyed off of my TCA. 30 days ago, I dropped my Valium dose from 7.5 mg (1.25 am, 6.25 pm) to 5 mg all at night. I was ok for a few weeks, but for the last 2 weeks I have been very bad off. Sever withdrawl. Waking up every night at 2 with cortisol surging. I’ve tried clonidine and hydroxazine without much help. I should have stayed on the TCA and shouldn’t have dropped so much, but can’t change the past. Should I consider Updosing or continuing to hold? Continue the taper? Thank you!!!

edit: could this be tolerance withdrawl?

Edited by [Ri...]
Is this tolerance withdrawl?

Sorry you are struggling.   It seems like you were feeling a bit better over the weekend.   This is how it goes......symptoms waxing and waning in intensity.   At the very least I would hold, and you might want to consider updosing back to the 7.5 mg until you stabilize.   Going from 7.5 to 5 is a really big cut.  

Your current symptoms are from your body getting used to having a smaller amount of the benzo.   Waking up during the night is extremely common and that will subside.   

Please don't beat yourself up about getting off the anti-depressant or tapering too quickly.    

Keep reaching out!

Thanks Decatur! I’m 30 days out so I’m pretty committed to holding. I was better over the weekend. Did pretty well yesterday, but today was tough. I’m just very tired lol. Tired from getting up every day at 2-3 and the pain (internal tremors, sweating etc). I was almost unable to see last week, so yes I do feel I am slowly recovering, it’s just slow. I suppose I will continue to hold here, I just feel I’m waiting for something that likely won’t come - some relief. I do not feel stable. I just don’t have the confidence that I will. I’m afraid (anxious state) that I’m in tolerance withdrawl and the only way to get better is to cut. I feel I’ve done too much chemistry and I feel some time holding will stabilize me, but that’s just how I feel. I’m not confident though. Thank you!

Edited by [Ri...]
  • Like 1

I’ll add too, these are new symptoms. I almost completely lost my ability to talk a few weeks ago. Catatonic. I’ve been getting up with cortisol shock through my taper but more mild and at 5 am or so. This last drop has really sent me into another realm. Getting better by the day, just want to feel confident that holding is the way to go. 

Thanks for the input @beendownthisroadbefore. I keep getting anxious thought patterns that are making me feel like I have to take some sort of action. I think the right action is likely no action for now. 

• Like 2