Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ร—
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ร—
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More aboutย donationsย here.

Friends - going into a 28 day private clinical residential detox on 2nd Oct and ANXIOUS. Positive stories / advice welcomed ๐Ÿ’™

[Go...]

3 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

I functioned well enough to be return to work 3 weeks after my cold turkey.ย 

That's really amazing pamster thankyou ๐Ÿ™

Thank you all for your kind comments :)

I seem to have stabilised on 8mg and I leave rehab tomorrow.ย 
Although am taking 100mg of trazadone to sleep which does give me 5.5 hours but makes me so hungover the next day and they wonโ€™t lower the dose. Am going to halve it to 50mg when I get out.ย 

From Tuesday Iโ€™ll drop to 7mg and continue at 1mg per week best case. Slower later on if it becomes intolerable.

Since I forced them to stop their crazy taper schedule, 1mg per week seems very doable so far.ย 
and it helps no longer being in opioid WD at the same time now! That WD was so easy compared to the 15-10mg drop!

I see it as a success as the rehab side has been amazing! Iโ€™ve got a strong recovery plan when I get out ย have learnt SO much and also learnt how to taper Diaz which Iโ€™ve never been able to do before because I was drinking etc etc ย 

Iโ€™m now pretty confident I can be off Diaz in 7 - 12 weeks ๐Ÿ˜€

Iโ€™m also getting 10-20mg propranolol PRN to help ease the process on the outside and help keep me functional.

ย 

• Like 1

@[Go...]

Thanks for the update. I am glad the rehab experience for you was a good one. It sounds to me like you are well on your way to finally getting off the Valium.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ช

• Like 1

Good for you @[Go...], youโ€™ve made amazing progress it sounds like you have a solid plan for the future. ย Iโ€™m so glad you advocated for yourself, I hope what you did will help the next person going through that treatment center.ย 

• Like 1

Great to hear you sounding so confident, @[Go...]

Just be aware to either slow your taper or make smaller reductions if things become more difficult as you lower in dose.ย :thumbsup: