Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

BB

[tr...]

While I love BB - id be so lost without it and the success stories... i kind of understand why some people say to stay off sometimes in their success stories. Ive seen people say to just check in when a symptom happens and just want reassurance. I am getting consumed in a lot of peoples symptoms/withdrawls which put me in a state of panic and gives me anxiety because it automatically leads my brain to believe i am going to deal with the same thing and this will be lifelong. I know that no two withdrawals are the same but its hard to make my brain understand this during a wave. On the flip side, its hard not to come on and hope someone found a magic cure (there isn't one) or just want to try to give some positive words to someone else who is struggling even though I may be struggling myself.

again, i love the BB community and thank heavens for this forum. I probably wouldn't have started my taper without it and would continue with xanax for years to come increasing my dose forever.  Im so happy to be here (well not in this position but you know what i mean) but has anyone taken a break and found that it helped?

sending hugs and prayers for everyones healing who is struggling ❤️ and a big hug to anyone who sticks around to just help and reassure others. You guys are truly angels.

• Like 1

We can absolutely over consume the horror here and taking a break is good for our mental health.  This place can be addictive just like anything else and if you find its ramping up your fears, then by all means, take a much needed break.  

I spent most of my time reading success stories but I didn’t believe they were written by real people, my brain wouldn’t allow me to see past my misery.  But when I recovered and wrote my own story, I knew that recovery was possible.

I found a great post today, and it made my day so its not all doom and gloom here.

• Like 1

Thanks so much @[Pa...].. i read that success post and i was also so happy. I believe i even commented because not only am i so happy for this person, it gives me hope along with everyone else who read it, I imagine!!  So happy people come back to share their good news. 

When the windows come, i am completely logical and feel like superwoman and mentally know what i am up against...then when the wave happens it all goes out the door and i start to wonder the dreaded "am i stuck like this forever?.. is this my new life?..do i have another condition?"  Blahhh its so frustrating as i know you know. 

thanks for responding ❤️