Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Direct Switch from Ambien to Klonopin

[La...]

3 hours ago, [[H...] said:

@[La...]

Take the klonopin then. We are dependent on our primary caregivers and pdocs. They are responsible for our health and life if something happens. I don't think people here should give much psych med advice at all, as they don't have the necessary medical background.

They are speaking from their own experience. Worst case scenario, you change the pdoc. You cannot be left on your own with this site, sweetie. A friend told me it's biased against psychiatric community, although the rules don't say so.

You'd rather have a real person responsible if something happens to you. Than a perfect stranger online. There are courts, there are patient's rights. You can demand indemnity in case something happens. Don't rely on online peer support forums alone. People tend to go beyond peer support and it's dangerous.

@[Hi...], you are correct, our policy states we aren’t against the psychiatric community, we don’t want to come between our members and their providers they depend on.  However, we do allow our members to speak their mind, to share their anger and frustration about their care.

14 hours ago, [[H...] said:

@[...]

No, you didn't cross any line. You envision life without chemicals for her. Idk what life will be the best for her. You know, chemicals are scary. But what goes on in people's minds can be much more scary sometimes.

Everything depends on whether @[La...] is able to wait and find a pdoc, who'll give her, let's say, the diazepam, whatever. Sorry for the photo, it has haunted me all my life. Admins feel free to remove it. I cannot watch it myself.

I'm deeply sorry. Please tell me to remove the photo and I'll do it ASAP. I happen to be working with such patients.

@[Hi...],

Posting this article is unnecessarily provocative, you didn’t need to include it to make your point. Please edit your post to remove it, thanks,

Pamster

@[Pa...]

Sorry, I didn't mean to provoke anyone. Why would I? I have the right to my own point of view - based on the facts and on the horrors I see in my everyday work. No, I'm not a doctor. I happen to work in a hospital. I cited an example from the real life, where not taking psych meds might lead. If someone has a real psychiatric disorder. These are facts and one cannot deny them. Corrected my post to be the least triggering possible. I guess it's also necessary to remove the link from the quote, but I cannot do it.

Edited by [Hi...]
  • Like 1

@[Pa...] you know the feeling when it's cold and you are shivering.That's how it feels like. And it exarbates when i panic/become so anxious. 

And there's a lot of twitches and muscle spasm. 

I know you withdrew  from klonopin and ambien. I really don't want to take it. 

Thanks for describing the sensations you’re feeling @[La...], I felt like that when I was taking Ambien but I’m not sure if you’re feeling them from the Ambien or the Mirtazapine, its so tough knowing what is causing what.

Is there any reasoning with your doctor at this point, can you reach out and express your discomfort with starting another new medication at this time?  

I sincerely agree. Do what ever you can to not poly drug. Said it before, say it again, k is a bear in tolerance,taper,and discontinuation. 

You are obviously sensitive too these chemicals. Try your best not to fool with k.

Best wishes to you,

Edited by [...]

YouTube

an interview with mat marin

It says "surviving akathasia" in the thumbnail and its with Dr joseph.  It's a success story but it's triggering of how k treated him.

@[Pa...] Yes I seriousley expressed that I don't want any benzo.

i was at a high anxiety/distress earlier so they did not give me much choice but take the benzo. 

I told them that I want off of mirtazapine and ambien and not add medication. They just told me that it will get rid of the ambien and mirtazapine.

Have you experienced stomach twitches and throat spasm? 

Do you really think you need an anti depressant?

Do anti depressants rev you up?

Luckily I never got dependent to a antidepressant so I am an outside looking in so take this with a grain of salt....

If you think you could get on without the anti depressant, would you be more tired and be able to reduce the Ambien. 

That would be the best outcome of all.Off of both and back to life. 

The twitch and throat is nothing to what you would face keeping on this stuff.

Is the shaking fading at all? 

Such hard to know, aye?

Hopes to you,

@[...] I did not take the klonopin. Still took 3/4 ambiena and roughly 3/4 mistazapine.

i dont know what will my baseline be if i dont have the mirtazapine or antindelressant.

I started off with ambien, soon after i started feeling weird, chest tightness that psych associated with anxiety. Now i think about it it might have been side effects of ambien- but not sure.

So i was prescribed notriptyline, amitriptyline, then nownmirtazapine. 

When I was on amitriptyline mybchest pain and vomiting was so bad like daily multiple times.And  mirtazapine helped me adress that.

I did not have much shake today comapred to yesterday - knock on the wood. butvi still swallow and twitch randomly.

Now I am lost as to which one to taper furst- the ambien or mirtazapine.

My initial plan was to taper ambien first and at least I have the antidepressant to help me with anxiety and sleep. Then taper it later.

But with what's happening woth midtazapine, not sure if its the right way.

20 minutes ago, [[L...] said:

I started off with ambien, soon after i started feeling weird, chest tightness that psych associated with anxiety. Now i think about it it might have been side effects of ambien- but not sure.

This observation is huge!  So many members have been labeled and diagnosed with other disorders due to the side effects caused by these medications, then they end up on more medications producing even more side effects.  

@[Pa...] what do people usually do?whcih do they taper first if they have both ambien and anti depressant?

I slept last nifht but too exhausted today. 

I have only been sleeping 3-5 hrs on ambien/anti depressant combination.

I am afeaid I am a lost case. I am exhausted everyday for 3 months now. Not sure If i will survive the taper/ withdrawal.

Pls give me some hope and inspiration. 

I remember the sleep not being restorative, I would wake up wide awake, not like the way I do now, slowly coming out of a deep sleep. 

If you’ve only been on the Mirtazapine for 2 weeks, I wonder if you could taper off it fairly quickly?  Then you might be able to restart your Ambien taper.