Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Fever after 3 months zero benzo

[bl...]

It can take awhile for things to settle down but no, it’s not a permanent issue.  Quite a few members have reported setbacks due to medications but you’re not back at square one, try not to let the fear of this make you feel even worse.

I wish I knew how long this was going to last, I had a friend who reacted to penicillin too and he pulled out of it.  The trouble with this reaction is, it makes you nervous for the next time you need one but I believe the further you get into your recovery the better you’ll handle other medications.  I’d hate to see you turn down lifesaving medications for fear of another setback. 

I’m sorry its taking so long to recover from this setback, but just as these symptoms appeared, they’ll likely disappear.  

@[Pa...] they were like very very manageable before benzo dependence, but after I did hit tolerance and through withdrawal they were like hell, I finished taper +4 months ago, they improved but they returned after taking antibiotics.

a question I am I early in recovery so far?

So, these were pre-existing made much worse by the benzodiazepine and again by the antibiotic, I’m so sorry.

You are very early in recovery, we typically don’t see full recovery for those taking the medication long term until between 1 and 2 years.  This isn’t to say you’ll feel this bad the whole time, the symptoms will fade over time.  You may not even be aware some of them have left until you think, hey, I haven’t felt that in awhile.  Of course, you won’t be able to trust they’ve gone for good because of the non-linear nature of our recovery.  It’s a crazy process. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello @[Pa...], I took prednisone for a week and with other antibiotic. at the seventh day I suffered from headaches and high blood pressure like I was in early withdrawal. I am 3 weeks off the steroid but still suffer a little. Is there a connection? Thank you so much in advance
PS: I am +6 months off taper of benzo.

Oh dear @[bl...], I’m sorry to hear you’re not feeling well, had things leveled out since October?  I’ve seen members discuss unpleasant reactions to steroids, but they do recover.  What antibiotic did you take? 

Hello @[Pa...], I took quino something, the one that is not recommended while ago but it was tough but I recovered. then took normal antibiotic with prednisone and had anxiety and chest issues but did not make the connection, then , 4 weeks ago I took prednisone for a week 40mg and had since blood pressure issues, headaches and roof anxiety, it's like wd for me. I am not sure if even after stopping it woul still suffer?? is it a setback?

Yes, you can still experience symptoms after stopping the medications.  I’m not sure which one might have caused these issues, maybe both but I would look at the steroid first.  

This looks like a medication induced setback but a setback is just that, a temporary reigniting of your symptoms, you’re not back to square one.  The best thing you can do is try to stay calm because stress and worry will make symptoms worse.

Now that you know the cause of your increased symptoms, try to accept them and tell yourself they’ll be gone when your nervous system settles and they will.