Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Tinnitus: when did you get it/did it get better?

[Sw...]

On 04/10/2023 at 03:31, [[T...] said:

Mine keeps changing volume. Worse when I’m in a wave, not much of a bother when I’m in a window.

Yeah, that's been my case. Stuck in a wave, so it's louder. Barely audible in a window. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have tinnitus big time. It’s a constant high pitched ringing - a bit like when you’ve just left a loud gig. I also have a kind of low rumbling sound. It started post jump which was 27 days ago. I didn’t notice it at all during my 6 month taper off diazepam. I can cope with it, and considering some of the other horrific symptoms I’ve had over the past couple of years (thought I was gonna die), it’s not a massive deal. But I do hope it fades with time. If I have to wait a year, so be it…

@[Sw...] - I really hope so, thanks for the encouragement! I’ve had it before on a couple of failed c/t attempts. This is for real, never going back recovery now - I’m nearly one month out, so fingers crossed!

after a 2 year taper I jumped off 80 days ago and my tinnitus is worse than ever and it's mostly in my left ear. Is this normal that it's worse since jumping off? 

• Like 1

@[He...] I had a lot of ups and downs my first taper. In tolerance withdrawal and after a surgery my tinnitus was loud enough to be heard in heavy traffic… driving… 

do you feel like there was a point when the tinnitus became worse? Has it been a few days or does it come in cycles?

I have faith you’re going to see improvements for sure! Remind yourself daily “this is temporary” 

it is not forever 

I have had tinnitus for the entire taper and as I mentioned, it's worse now after jumping off 80+ days ago along with many other symptoms which really upsets me.

Mine is no better at 31 days post jump and I have a kind of what I’d call “humming” in the brain to accompany it. Anyone else have the “humming”?

@[ob...] I am sorry your tinnitus is causing you stress right now… 31 days is not a long time, I’ve read stories on here of anywhere from 6 months to 2/3 years for tinnitus to go away. But it DOES get better as time goes on. It slowly and gradually gets better. The brain will ignore it after a certain point when the nervous system is feeling better 

• Like 1