Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Crossed over to valium from lorazepam symptoms

[la...]

I completed my cross-over a couple days ago from 2mg Lorazepam to 20mg Diazepam in 2 weeks. I used Ashton's suggested cross-over chart but sped up because after my first dose of diazepam I felt better. Then I remembered when I took lorazepam for the first time I felt worse after but was too afraid to say anything. I think I was having adverse reactions to it the whole time. I stayed on it for 2 years got sicker and sicker, so many symptoms. You all know the drill.  

Anyways, the cross over has been ok but I am having some symptoms. Overall, about 75% of the symptoms I was having on lorazepam are gone. Symptoms I didn't even realize I was having! I took my last dose 2 days ago & completely crossed. However, I'm still waiting on things to even out. I'm having lots of burning in my arms/upper back and some mild crawling sensations/pricking feeling in my legs. One of the worst symptoms is depression. It feels like a massive mood swing. One second I feel so happy and motivated and the next I feel crushing sadness and feel like crying. Thankfully the depression hasn't gotten worse. In fact, I feel more normal because I can actually feel some happiness now. On the lorazepam I was depressed 24/7. 

It seems like today the symptoms are worse. Is this the lorazepam "flushing out" so to speak? I have read it takes 2-3 days for it to be out of your system completely. I know it takes awhile for diazepam to build up so I'm hoping things will even out. I'm just feeling pretty sick today physically too. I started the cross-over August 30th and completed it Sept 12th. Thanks for any advice!  

Edited by [la...]
  • Wow 1

Yes, you are most likely feeling the effects of the crossover; the Lorazepam is leaving your system and your body may not be totally adjusted to the Diazepam yet.  It is not so much that Diazepam has to build up, but your body has to recognize their is a different drug doing the same thing the Lorazepam was doing, but in a slightly different way.   Hope that makes sense.  

I suspect things will calm down in the next few days.  Sorry you are not feeling well today!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wow lacroixlvr, that is a very fast crossover. 

On 14/09/2023 at 18:08, [[l...] said:

Overall, about 75% of the symptoms I was having on lorazepam are gone. Symptoms I didn't even realize I was having!

Personally I'm having the benzobelly bloating for two years now. And maybe others, I now can't think of because I got used to so much discomfort. Can you share some of them?