Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Is my eye speed coming back? :(

[Dv...]

Will my eyes move faster again? will I recover my cognitive processing speed?

I’m that 1 in a million adverse reaction to psych meds. Last year buspirone messed me up horribly mentally, physically, physiologically, and pyschometrically(to the point of music sounding like an alien like distortion).

I measure my saccade speed (eye speed) to gauge my brain speed.https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1463359/

i recently had to take hydroxyzine and My eyes got even slower :(

the buspirone made it so my eyes weren’t ballistic anymore when refocusing from a stimuli on my right side (of the horizontal center) to the left side(of the horizontal center)  (horizontally), I still had the ballistic effect when I refocused in the center. Now hydroxyzine took the last ounce of ballistic momentum away from me. It’s embarrassing to admit but being Not ballistic in my eyesight Also gives me anxiety because I’m constantly scanning the world for information. Before psych meds I used to be able to see 6-7 steps ahead in the future. Hydroxyzine took away the last ounce of what I had. I’m posting on here because I assume my “damage” or damage (I’m trying to be tautologous here) is equivalent to this community: insomnia, nausea, shaking, and other things I don’t feel comfortable typing because of the fear my phone will be seized by psychiatrists and then I will be 5150’d.

Will my eyes move faster again? will I recover my cognitive processing speed?

Hello @[Dv...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

You have some unique symptoms, I don’t think I’ve ever seen these mentioned here, have you taken benzodiazepines or is your damage from the other medications you mentioned?

Whatever caused this, it sounds absolutely miserable and I’m very sorry you’re experiencing this?  Have you been seen by a doctor, do they acknowledge your condition?

I hope you’ll share more about what you’re going through, hopefully others will stop by to offer their support.

Pamster

18 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Hello @[Dv...], welcome to BenzoBuddies,

You have some unique symptoms, I don’t think I’ve ever seen these mentioned here, have you taken benzodiazepines or is your damage from the other medications you mentioned?

Whatever caused this, it sounds absolutely miserable and I’m very sorry you’re experiencing this?  Have you been seen by a doctor, do they acknowledge your condition?

I hope you’ll share more about what you’re going through, hopefully others will stop by to offer their support.

Pamster

Really? I thought benzos slowed down peak saccade velocity?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1427835/

maybe I’m just analyzing myself too much. I really care about my cognition and stuff like that. Have you seen any improvements in your processing speed/alertness? Most specifically, parallel processing. I really care about my processing speed. I’m scared I have slowly diluted myself to an irrecuperable state.