Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

What are you listening to or watching right now?

[cu...]

Listened to Journey--(The Steve Perry years).

Watched: Two Broke Girls & Two and a Half Men

** romansandals--Cannot wait for the Lifetime movie, Saturday, Michael Peterson, Untouchable :yippee: Rob Lowe plays creeps very well. :laugh: Also watch: Dance Moms, America's Most Wanted, Unsolved Mysteries, and if I'm here in the a.m., watch, Will & Grace, New Adventures of Old Christine all on Lifetime!

Who is/are your fave characters on Desperate Housewives? I really like Susan. I'm going to miss Des. Hsw. already miss All My Children and One Life to Live, Cold Case, Without a Trace.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [te...]

• [sa...]

• [...]

• [cu...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the new season of Downton Abbey, and of course LMN!

Listening to: varies on my mood. I did download the new Snow Patrol album. Looking forward to savoring that.

I watched "For Colored Girls"  Great cast - Janet Jackson (very good), Physilla Ryshad, Thandie Newton, Whoopie Goldberg and others who also  gave very good performances.  I'll be blunt - the movie deals with rape, attempted suicide, child abuse/spousal abuse, abortion, HIV.  There are 8 central African American Women characters whose stories, starting out as separate entities all weave together and gain strength from each of their from own tragedies.  It deals with a powerful woman with wealth to the abused wife/children, to a Mother and her two daughters - well enough said.  I thought Tyler Perry did a very good job, and although the stories colliding all at once seems overwhelming I'm sure they have all happenned.  I'm getting sick of Caucasian movies and am seeking more ethnically diverse things to watch.  I'm Caucasian, raised in a pretty white bread world in a suburb - working class, and even though as a social worker my clients were mostly Caucasian - so even though I may be "book learned" and  love African American History and admire African Americans for having endured the unimaginable here in our own USA I want to drink in more.

Sorry to go on and on but the movie gave me a jolt today.  Definitely not Benzo Safe but if you're beyond that point and can watch very painful things I highly reccommend it.

*TEACHER 2-- thanks for the tip about Lifetime movie Drew Peterson: Untouchable.  Based on a true story I see... looks great.  I agree, Rob Lowe plays a great creep (he will be a guest on Ellen this Thursday).  And Kaley Cuoco from Big Bang Theory costars... huge bonus! I just set the DVR :thumbsup:

My favorite charactor on Desp Hswves is Gabriel:  she has such a carefree attitude about whatever life throws at her, but at the end of the day, she is still responsible and caring.  Her sense of humor cracks me up. 

Cold Case still repeats on ION network if you have access to that channel ;D

*SARAANN-- For Colored Girls looks great.  I didnt know that Tyler Perry did that one too... such a serious departure from Medea lol.

I enjoy all of his work actually, especially I Can Do Bad All By Myself.

Sara & romansandals :)

I like everything Tyler Perry does. His life story is quite a remarkable one. I admire that he always brings God into his plays & movies. He is not ashamed of being a believer. I would love to see, "For Colored Girls." Also, want to see, "The Help." Have watched and read the book, "The Color Purple." Excellent.

See that Cold Case comes on ION, alas, I do not have access to that channel:(

Today, listened to:Fogelberg to and from work--"Netherlands"

Watching: Big Bang Theory on TBS...later will be watching Friends/That 70's Show/George Lopez/Everybody Hates Chris....

Actually the t.v. is on in the background while papers are being grades, reports are being written, bills are being paid, ... :D

Sara & romansandals :)

I like everything Tyler Perry does. His life story is quite a remarkable one. I admire that he always brings God into his plays & movies. He is not ashamed of being a believer. I would love to see, "For Colored Girls." Also, want to see, "The Help." Have watched and read the book, "The Color Purple." Excellent.

See that Cold Case comes on ION, alas, I do not have access to that channel:(

Today, listened to:Fogelberg to and from work--"Netherlands"

Watching: Big Bang Theory on TBS...later will be watching Friends/That 70's Show/George Lopez/Everybody Hates Chris....

Actually the t.v. is on in the background while papers are being grades, reports are being written, bills are being paid, ... :D

Hi Teacher and Roman Sandals,

Teacher- you're right, For Colored Girls was such a departure for Tyler Perry and I thought a very impressive one.  At times it's hard to follow and for me at least, I didn't always care for these "stream of consciousness" soliloquies where he had the women recite out loud what they were feeling - not that I object to the technique, but they were often 'over poetic' and loquacious  using words that I believe just don't roll off of the top of some ones mind unless your James Joyce, Virginia Wolf or William Faulkner - eh, but that's just IMO and what do I know?  I don't even know how to spell half the words I'm to! :laugh:

Roman Sandals - I hate to say I never got into the Madea movies ( I tried) or House of Pain - I don't know Tyler Perry's life story - I'll have to look that one up.

I took on another tough one yesterday that I hadn't seen in at least 10 years - Amistad.  It's a true story, directed by Steven Spielberg, with Morgan Freeman (but of course you all know by now I LOVE THE MAN!!! :-*, Matthew Maconahey (sp) and Anthony Hopkins.  It's about the slave trade and I can't tell the whole story - to exhausting to me to type.... but there were a group of slaves who declare mutiny on "their" slave ship and about the US government - circa 1839 case against them and the lawyers, Matthew and eventually Anthony Hopkins (who plays John Quincy Adams, II - not our 6th President of the US) to help win their freedom.  Obviously this took place before the Civil War but Abolitionism had already been outlawed.  Enough.  Again, can't get enough black history these days and I'm a month early!  Anyway - excellent, passionate, heart wrenching, but violent (for obvious reasons) movie.  God I'm long winded.

I haven't watched anything interesting today - a few Sex in the City's (another one of my obsessions) and a whole lotta Mash reruns.  Later I'm going to rent "Money Ball" with Brad Pitt.... OK it's Brad Pitt - I give, 10 out of 10 on the sexy scale.  Besides it was nominated for a Golden Globe (Pest Picture and Best Actor - Pitt) but I'm sorry - the boy's come a long way since Thelma and Louise - HE CAN ACT!

Well - I've bored you all long enough.  Thanks for indulging me!

Sara :smitten:

the empire strikes back.speaking of the simpsons my husband told me something funny...he said he seen an episode of the simpsons where they went to the premier of the empire strikes back and homer walks out and says real loud  to all the people who havent seen it yet.."i can't beleive Darth Vader is Lukes father" LOL

Just finished watching the original "Lethal Weapon" - 1987.  I was 25 when it came out, (before Mel went crazy and became an a******).  But OMG, was I infatuated with him way back when!  And Danny Glover was just priceless!

I was just watching the final scene from "Strictly Ballroom".

That is one of the best, most inspirational pieces of film ever made.

Makes me cry manly tears - the only appropriate response to beauty and perfection.

If you haven't seen that movie, drop everything, go get it, and watch it now.

It will lift you out of the pit and fill you with courage.

"Black Swan".  I've seen it once before - I can see why Natlie Portman won the Oscar for it and Mile Kulis (from "That 70's show) was excellent.  NOT BENZO SAFE!  But I do appreciate the story, and high caliber acting and directing.

I'll soon just be watching some movie here on Dish cause that's hti do when I hit the hay. Watch politics all the night, but I do see it most of the day when I'm home. Tv's on msnbc all the time. Current tv is a new political channel.

Intend

Close Range is truly a great movie. One of the best. Christopher Walken a truly great actor, dancer, with comedic talents. One of my favorite actors.

Right now, I'm obviously on BB, reading and answering posts and adding my 2 cents. I'll be listening to msnbc later. Like to keep up on the state of things and keep in touch with real life beyond benzo w/d.

Intend

Watching "Animal Kingdom" on Dish 345. Australian movie starring Guy Pearce, Joel Edgerton. Saw it Atvthe moviesclast year also. Very good.

Intend

Watching: Saturday Night Fever

Watched: Catch Me If You Can a few nights ago. Loved it! Walken was DeCapprio's dad in this movie.

Listened to: Def Leppard earlier today.