Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[Ch...]

Clonazepam comes in a .125 ODT which is great for tapering but with your dose, that probably won’t be possible.  Are you asking for scale recommendations?  There are many threads about scales on the platform, I’m sure you can use the search function to find them.  But, many members are comfortable using the less expensive ones, they are the ones you can buy in the 30 price range. 

2 hours ago, [[W...] said:

Hi @[Ch...]

I can’t paste a link, but if you type in ‘smart weigh gem50 jewellers scale’ on Amazon, that’s the one I use to taper. 

I think this is the one you use, @[Wi...]

https://www.amazon.com/Smart-Weigh-Precision-Calibration-0-001grams/dp/B011J88S8M/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1RO9OK8HK0XIV&keywords=Same+pet+weigh+jewelers+50+scale&qid=1695660502&sprefix=same+pet+weigh+jewelers+50+scale%2Caps%2C82&sr=8-6

I increased 1 day. I am so scared of the poison that I only did it that day. 

On 24/09/2023 at 11:21, [[P...] said:

Did you increase your dose to 2.25 mgs, if so, how are you doing?  

Only that day. I am so scared of that poison. My dose is so high. 

I understand but if you’er this unstable, and your doctor will support an increase, I hate to see you suffer while you’re waiting for your friend to arrive. 

I don’t see your notification anymore. I am seeing a new psychiatrist on the 5th. Work keeps me ok it is when I go back to my house alone that I don’t do too good. I ask also if I am on the highest dose you have see on Klonopin?  

13 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I don’t see your notification anymore. I am seeing a new psychiatrist on the 5th. Work keeps me ok it is when I go back to my house alone that I don’t do too good. I ask also if I am on the highest dose you have see on Klonopin?  

@[Ch...] I was also prescribed 2mg Klonopin and I'm now almost 10 months off. Yes, it's a fairly high dose but it can be tapered and I don't think you need to fear your dose. No, this is definitely not the higest dose we've seen around here. 

I agree with @[je...],we’ve seen a lot higher, I was taking between 6-10 mgs a day when I quit, I wasn’t on a set schedule, I’d just take them whenever.

Why are you seeing a new doctor @[Ch...]?  Do you plan to tell them you want to taper off?  

Yes I think I found a doctor that will support my taper. I hope I can drive there. I am so afraid to drive. I am afraid of everything. Will bring in tolerance be more difficult on me to taper?  I am so scared since I have to work during the taper. I am alone no husband just a friend that will be here to help in November. I have the scale in my cart on Amazon. Is that all I need? 

2 hours ago, [[j...] said:

@[Ch...] I was also prescribed 2mg Klonopin and I'm now almost 10 months off. Yes, it's a fairly high dose but it can be tapered and I don't think you need to fear your dose. No, this is definitely not the higest dose we've seen around here. 

How long were you on the medication and how was your taper 

1 minute ago, [[C...] said:

2-3 years. I don’t know if I have that time. I have been on since 2008. I am so scared. 

I'm not sure I understand. You asked how long I was on the meds. I was on it for 2-3 years. My taper was about 19 months.

5 hours ago, [[m...] said:

Pamster what sort of big cuts did you make and how long in between if you don't mind me asking

I quit cold turkey. 

12 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Yes I think I found a doctor that will support my taper. I hope I can drive there. I am so afraid to drive. I am afraid of everything. Will bring in tolerance be more difficult on me to taper?  I am so scared since I have to work during the taper. I am alone no husband just a friend that will be here to help in November. I have the scale in my cart on Amazon. Is that all I need? 

@[Ch...], its great t to hear you may have found a doctor, and yes, if you’ve decided to taper using scales then that’s all you should need. You may at some point decide you need to try a different method, this is a normal part of the tapering process, it takes experimentation to find what works the best for us. 

I worked throughout my recovery and found the distraction it provided helpful.  Yes, I was miserable like you are but it does help to have something else to focus on and as for driving.  I know you can do what you have to do to make it through this, you’ll be able to drive.

You’ve already shown incredible resilience by being able to function and work while in tolerance, I have no doubt you’ll show the same tenacity when you start your taper.

I am so scared when I read all the people suffering bedbound. I have to work. I have a stressful job in charge of big company. I can’t drive I am scared. I work 16-18 hrs a day. My friend will be here soon. So scared.