Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[Ch...]

I never even started the taper and I can’t tolerate the tolerance. I have never went over the prescribed dose. I guess I need to call my doctor to increase my dose if this works. My pharmacy is really looking at the meds gives it to me on the first day. 

Hi  @[Ch...]

I’m sorry to read about your situation, but I just want you to know that you can get through this. 

I think it’s a good idea to try a 0.25mg updose. As @[Pa...] mentioned, it may take a couple of days to see symptoms ease, so don’t expect it to work immediately from the first increased dose. Hopefully updosing will ease your symptoms and clear your mind so you can focus as we get a taper plan set up. 

We will be here to provide you with any guidance and support you need. 

WS

On 16/09/2023 at 13:15, [[p...] said:

@[Ch...], it’s important not to beat yourself up. You did what you thought was necessary in terms of updosing. There is no perfect taper or withdrawal. Mine was all over the map. Ativan to clonazepam to diazepam. Throw in many other drugs I could not tolerate. It was rough but I knew I needed to get off a drug that was making me sick. 

This can be a lonely process, but we’re here for you. We do understand what you are going through. What @[Pa...]said about stabilizing is true. I never really stabilized and made some very big cuts. I survived and recovered, you can do this too!

pianogirl :smitten:

M

46 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Hi  @[Ch...]

I’m sorry to read about your situation, but I just want you to know that you can get through this. 

I think it’s a good idea to try a 0.25mg updose. As @[Pa...] mentioned, it may take a couple of days to see symptoms ease, so don’t expect it to work immediately from the first increased dose. Hopefully updosing will ease your symptoms and clear your mind so you can focus as we get a taper plan set up. 

We will be here to provide you with any guidance and support you need. 

WS

I just want a normal life. I am giving power of attorney to my daughter ruby now because I am so scared. I should have known better about the drug. I am healthcare high executive. My friends all saying you should have known better. 

There are many people in your field who have fallen into the same trap. 

What your friends don’t realise is that the truth about these medications has even been hidden from doctors all these years. They simply choose to believe the lies Big Pharma have been selling all these years. 

Don’t be down on yourself, @[Ch...]. You simply couldn’t have known. 

You will get through this, and as a community, we will be here to help you every step of the way. 🫂

Blaming yourself is part of our intrusive thoughts, this is what the drug does to us.  I spent hours beating myself up for things I’d done and said so many years ago I barely remembered them but somehow my benzo ravaged mind dredged them up and beat me to a pulp.

This does no good though, so please don’t let the benzo lies do this to you.  Taking action is the way to get some positive thoughts going, so lets work on that.

Have you decided to wait for your friend to help?  If you have, lets figure out which method you want to use and get you set up with equipment and a plan so all your friend has to do is put it into action, what do you think?

If I can hold on until he gets here. I increased my dose a little bit. I did not sleep last night anxiety like crazy. He should be here beginning of November. I not sure if micro taper or cut and hold be better for me. I guess there is not a better way. What do I need to get. I am so tired right now, crying all the time unable to drive Uber everywhere obsess with the pill. I need to get ready for work and I am still in my bed. Always in my bed when I don’t travel. Tell me what I need to get please. 
I am so scared when I read everything on the site and how people been with debilitating symptoms for years. So scared. I gave power of attorney to my daughter yesterday just in case I can’t make decisions. This is scary. 

How much did you increase your dose by, I think we recommended maybe .25, did you try that?  It can take a few days to build up in your system, have you continued to take the increased dose or did you only do it the one time?

I think was a little less than 0.25. I don’t know when to take. I took today already. I take to Dr on tube video today in Utha He said I am in protracted symptoms and increasing my dose will not help. His program is 45k. Who can afford this. He said I will only get worst. I don’t know what to do anymore. 

There may be some differences in language used between this site and Dr. Witt-Doerring.  When Benzo Buddies talks about protracted withdrawal that means you have been off the drug for more than 18 months and are still symptomatic.    I am not questioning him necessarily, just wondering what he meant by "protracted symptoms".  

'

11 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Please help me god. I can’t take this anymore 

@[Ch...], we’re doing out best to help you, we’ve given your suggestions on what you can do to help yourself but the rest is up to you.

You say you have a daughter, I hope you can use your love for her to find the strength to do what you need to do.

Please look back through this thread and decide which course of action you want to take and let us know what it is and if you have questions, we’ll be glad to support your plan. 

@[Ch...]  Was he aware that you had not begun to taper yet?   Typically, you are not considered "protracted" until you have been off the benzo for at least 18 months.   Maybe I am missing something.

He uses the word protracted in his videos to talk about people who are symptomatic or injured whether you are tapering or not. If you have a "benzo injury" and havent' even begun tapering he calls you protracted. I thought that was weird. He even uses the word BIND for those situations when most use both for those who don't heal in a specific amount of time. It's a symentecs thing.

3 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Dry taper. My friend is coming in a month. I don’t know if I an do it. 

Okay, then since you can’t get smaller tablets, you’ll probably want to pick up some jewelers scales your friend can use, Amazon has them for around 30.00 US.