Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[Ch...]

1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

Do you think that would be an issue with the dispensing pharmacy?

It could be depending on the rules and regs in your state about dispensing controlled substances.  But there’s a workaround.  You could ask your new prescriber if they would be willing to write the prescription for 0.5mg taken 4 times a day for a total of 2mg.

2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

It could be depending on the rules and regs in your state about dispensing controlled substances.  But there’s a workaround.  You could ask your new prescriber if they would be willing to write the prescription for 0.5mg taken 4 times a day for a total of 2mg.

That could be an issue for work. 

9 hours ago, [[C...] said:

This could be an issue because I say for work don’t take during the day 

Why does your employer need to know about your legally prescribed medication use?

• Like 1

I am about to increase my dose to feel human again. I have not started the taper yet because my brain is too fried to understand. I am in such misery abd not started taper. Please help 

4 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I am about to increase my dose to feel human again. I have not started the taper yet because my brain is too fried to understand. I am in such misery abd not started taper. Please help 

Will your doctor support an increase at this time?

32 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I just tried to cut my 1mg in 8 pieces wurb my pill cutter and could not do it. 

I would find it difficult as well, this is why it would be helpful to ask your doctor for lower dose pills.  What do your current instructions on your bottle say? 

Will my tolerance symptoms only will get worst.  They have been since they started. Not even started taper abs I am barely functioning. Is this normal. I did not work today. Giving me anxiety because I worked from home. 

19 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Yes he would 

I wonder if it might be a good idea after all to wait for your friend to arrive before starting a taper?  In the meantime, you might want to think about raising your dose to get you out of this for the time being.  Hopefully, raising your dose will get you out of tolerance. 

I am already on such a high dose at 2mg. He will be here in 1,5 months. He said he will take over the taper. I don’t know anymore. Have you ever heard of someone suffering like I am on tolerance. From 2008 to March 2021 I had no issues.  

Yes, its a common occurrence, these drugs work until they don’t anymore, some say it’s like a switch was flipped.  

Maybe .25 mgs will help relieve your tolerance until your friend arrives.  

I thought it was a really bad thing to increase a dose. Can I try if it does not. work where does it leaves me?  Will I need to taper the 0.25 how many day 

I took a little piece of klonopin to see if I can function a little bit better. I have never taken medication over my prescription. I feel like a failure. I am having bad thoughts. 

3 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I thought it was a really bad thing to increase a dose. Can I try if it does not. work where does it leaves me?  Will I need to taper the 0.25 how many day 

It’s not the direction we hope to see you go in but its sometimes necessary for members to become functional enough to properly plan a taper.  If it doesn’t work then I would imagine you will know within a couple of days and go back to your regular dose, no need to taper that extra .25.

1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

I took a little piece of klonopin to see if I can function a little bit better. I have never taken medication over my prescription. I feel like a failure. I am having bad thoughts. 

If you are having bad thoughts, please seek appropriate mental health help though your community resources, or reach out to family and friends. 

https://benzobuddies.org/guidelines/

• Although we deeply sympathize with those experiencing suicidal feelings or ideation, to protect the sensitivities of the greater majority of our members - and most importantly, for your own safety - discussions and commentary regarding suicide, suicide ideation, self-harm, or threats of self-harm are not allowed at this forum. If you experience such feelings or thoughts, you must contact your doctor or other suitable healthcare practitioner. You will find more information at our Suicide, Self-Harm & Threatening Behavior webpage.

• Like 1

I understand you haven't started the taper. Even if you haven't tapered yet, you still are not a failure. Time takes time.

Edited by [gr...]

4 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

I am so scared 

@[Ch...], it’s important not to beat yourself up. You did what you thought was necessary in terms of updosing. There is no perfect taper or withdrawal. Mine was all over the map. Ativan to clonazepam to diazepam. Throw in many other drugs I could not tolerate. It was rough but I knew I needed to get off a drug that was making me sick. 

This can be a lonely process, but we’re here for you. We do understand what you are going through. What @[Pa...]said about stabilizing is true. I never really stabilized and made some very big cuts. I survived and recovered, you can do this too!

pianogirl :smitten: