Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[Ch...]

13 hours ago, [[C...] said:

Dry taper.

You mentioned you didn’t want to use scales so your only other option is to shave your pills and eyeball your dose, I don’t see any other way to do this because your pills are 1 mg making them too difficult to cut with any accuracy,  Honestly, I feel like a liquid taper would work better for you but understand it can look overwhelming.  I’m told that once you get used to it, it’s like any other routine. 

I wish you could do as @[tr...] suggested and use a compounding pharmacy or get your doctor to prescribe smaller dose pills making them easier to cut. 

I don’t even have a compound pharmacy where I live. That would need to be called by my psychiatrist correct. He does not believe that I am in dependence. He said all in my head and he said to cut .5 mg very 10 days gave me gabapentin, Prozac, remeron, and some more. I stopped all of them after a few days because I was so sick. 

I am all alone. I am scared to go home. I have not been outside for 22 days now. I am just working. I am crying all the time I have all these symptoms without touching my dose. What will happen when I start to taper. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I am all alone. What can I discuss with pharmacists. I am so scared that they will not refill my prescription

Why, have you had problems with them in the past?

20 hours ago, [[C...] said:

I am all alone. I am scared to go home. I have not been outside for 22 days now. I am just working. I am crying all the time I have all these symptoms without touching my dose. What will happen when I start to taper. 

You may feel better. 

Maybe I don’t know. Will I find my threads here. I am so confused. I can’t function like a human being anymore. Something is going to happen 

19 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Maybe I don’t know. Will I find my threads here. I am so confused. I can’t function like a human being anymore. Something is going to happen 

You’re doing a great job of finding your threads.

You mentioned you’re traveling for business right now, when will you be going home?  Maybe  it would be better to make decisions about your taper when you get home, what do you think?

• Like 1

I feel so bad during the day. I feel better now. I won’t be long at my house. I would like to do the simplest way. Like you can see I have a hard time I think numbers are going to be hard for me. I am having some very negative thoughts. I don’t want to be a burden to my daughter. I have to work my tolerance symptoms are bad enough I wonder I will fell when I start to taper. I take clonodine 0.1 mg at night to help me sleep. I don’t know if I have on my history or med list. Not sure where to go to look. Is that bad taking clonodine. I don’t think I would sleep without it. My bowels don’t work anymore and having issues with blood sugars. Dropping very low. Not sure related to benzo. Looking at people dose I am pretty high at 2mg. I am so scared. I am only home for a few days. I am thinking about quitting my job but I have to push. I need to work. Please help n

I found this information about Clonidine and Klonopin, I don’t have experience with it. https://go.drugbank.com/drug-interaction-checker#results  I put Klonopin and Clonidine in the boxes and it came up with some information. 

The simplest way to taper is to cut your tablets, do you think you can cut your 1 mg tablet into eights, that might be a good place to start, that would be a 12.5% reduction which is a little higher than we recommend but since your dose is so high, you may be able to get away with it for your first reduction. 

I am already having withdrawal symptoms from being in tolerance. If I wait will I stabilize from tolerance? Cutting in 8 pieces will be hard. I don’t know what my psychiatrist will say if I ask for smaller dose. He does not believe that I am in tolerance. He said was all in my head. 

If you’re in tolerance, I doubt you’ll stabilize, you’ll either need to increase your dose or begin a taper.  I’m not sure what to suggest to you, if your doctor won’t support you by prescribing smaller pills then your only option is to work with the 1 mg and the easiest way to taper is to dry cut. 

I am ready to pick up my monthly script and it is 1 mg. I will have to wait next month for smaller dose. I feel so bad when I pick up the clonopin 

Absolutely. No worries. Same concept. 

It's the same amount, the doctor prescribed it, the pharmacy won't care in the least. If they think about it at all they will figure a taper is at hand.

Pamster I don’t want to increase. That is the last thing I want to do. I am so scared I have to work support myself. I am completely alone right now. I have a friend coming from Canada in about 1.5 months that is willing to help me. But I don’t know if I can wait that long. I am so tired of all of this. Since 2008 no issues and bam my life is over. 

I am so ashamed that I did this to myself. I should have known better. I am in healthcare. This is what one of my best friend keeps telling me I should have known better. I am so ashamed just pure self destruction 

Don't be ashamed, just set a long easy goal in the future. And go for it. You can do it.

Find something to distract yourself. You can't depend on the best of friends.