Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Help

[Ch...]

I need help I need to taper 2mg of klonopin since 2008. I am no longer able to take the tolerance symptoms. I am sick and I have not touch my dose. You website is confusing maybe it is because of my messed up brain. I am scared and having bad thoughts. Please help. No doctors can help me. I call doctor on BIC and they had no idea. Called another renown psych abd the cost is 45k. Please helps

@[Ch...] I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time. It can be really difficult trying to understand all the details of planning a taper when you're in the middle of suffering with symptoms.  Many of us suffer with cognitive fog and can't think as clearly as we did before benzos.  Is there someone close to you who can help you with the taper?  

3 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[Ch...] I'm sorry you've been having such a hard time. It can be really difficult trying to understand all the details of planning a taper when you're in the middle of suffering with symptoms.  Many of us suffer with cognitive fog and can't think as clearly as we did before benzos.  Is there someone close to you who can help you with the taper?  

I am alone I am so hopeless. Do I just shave a little bit every month. I travel extensively for work. I don’t know how to dry taper all this calculation and preparation are too much for me. My brain is so messed up. Please help 

8 hours ago, [[B...] said:

7 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Please let us know what your dose is and how often you take it and we’ll try to help you figure this out. 

I am on 2 mg daily at night. I have tolerance withdrawals already bad getting worst daily. I thought I would stabilize. 

You don’t have your history filled out so I don’t know any of your details, have you ever discontinued the Klonopin before?  Here are the instructions, filling this out will help us help you. 

What size are your pills and what did you mean when you said this, did you recently updose?

1 hour ago, [[C...] said:

I thought I would stabilize. 

12 hours ago, [[P...] said:

You don’t have your history filled out so I don’t know any of your details, have you ever discontinued the Klonopin before?  Here are the instructions, filling this out will help us help you. 

What size are your pills and what did you mean when you said this, did you recently updose?

My pills are 1mg. I cut 0.5 mg by myself in June. Ended up in hospital in July and brought the dose back to 2mg. My psychiatrist also added Gabapentin 600 mg but I did not take. 

If you travel a lot, you’ll want to choose a titration method that will fit your schedule.  You may want to use a file or razor blade to achieve smaller cuts to your tablets, cutting by halves or quarters will be too much.

Did you get a chance to look at the link I provided about titration methods?

Yes complicated. I am so scared. What is quote and when do you use. Your site is complicated. Maybe just my brain. I am having a hard time to do simple task. I can’t even drive anymore. 

@[Ch...], I’ve noticed how a member tapers seems to depend on their personality type.  Some are fine with good enough, and others need to be more precise, both methods work well.  An important aspect of tapering is confidence in your method because fear and uncertainty will make us feel worse.  

Klonopin has a fairly long half life so while one dose may be a bit heavy due to slight inaccuracies, the next will be lighter and it will balance out, some members are fine with this.  But as I mentioned, how you view your taper and your confidence in it plays a big role.  

Allowing fear and uncertainty to rule us is a recipe for continued symptom intensity, accepting that this is the process we have to go through to find freedom and knowing we can recover can actually help ease symptoms. 

After I quit cold turkey, I was able to return to work 3 weeks later, it was difficult to say the least but I found it to be very helpful.  The distraction it provided was huge, in fact, I grew to dislike weekends.

I’ve read many members who are able to work through their tapers, this is the actual purpose of a taper, to allow us to function in our lives while we rid ourselves of the drug. 

Pamster how should I taper and still be able to work. I don’t even know what to do. I have a significant other that is coming to US in a few months to help me. I am alone should I wait for him since I am completely alone?  I am so scared. I am already have symptoms. 

11 hours ago, [[P...] said:

After I quit cold turkey, I was able to return to work 3 weeks later, it was difficult to say the least but I found it to be very helpful.  The distraction it provided was huge, in fact, I grew to dislike weekends.

I’ve read many members who are able to work through their tapers, this is the actual purpose of a taper, to allow us to function in our lives while we rid ourselves of the drug. 

Can you help me understand how to use the site also. I am so confused. I don’t wavt to miss something. I need help

39 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Pamster how should I taper and still be able to work. I don’t even know what to do. I have a significant other that is coming to US in a few months to help me. I am alone should I wait for him since I am completely alone?  I am so scared. I am already have symptoms. 

Since you’re in so much distress, it might be better to start your taper now, it could give you some confidence and we really need it when we’re going through this.  

On 10/09/2023 at 20:18, [[P...] said:

Which method looks like it could work the best for you and your situation?  Just choose one and we’ll help you understand what you’ll need to do.

4 minutes ago, [[C...] said:

Can you help me understand how to use the site also. I am so confused. I don’t wavt to miss something. I need help

You’re using the site just fine, you’re asking questions and getting responses. 

1 minute ago, [[P...] said:

Since you’re in so much distress, it might be better to start your taper now, it could give you some confidence and we really need it when we’re going through this.  

Which method looks like it could work the best for you and your situation?  Just choose one and we’ll help you understand what you’ll need to do.

Dry taper. I travel sometimes not going home for weeks. I have been in Texas for 21 days. Not been outside for 21 days. I am too scared. Can I do this for extended period of time I mean getting prepared. I can’t even calculate anymore

@[Ch...]im so sorry you are going through a rough time. Just remember this too shall pass. Im wondering if you go to a pharmacist that can help you? Do you have any family/friends when you return home that can also help?